Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 03:15 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,168,045 times

Advertisements

All the more reason to expand the convention center....

Quote:
Savannah has been ranked number one in the South Atlantic for best mid-sized cities for business meetings.
The ranking is from RewardExpert, a website that provides information on the best reward programs and how to use them.
The report states that Savannah ranks first on the list based on the strength of its status as the most affordable midsize city in this region, while also performing well on other metrics.
Savannah ranked tops for business meetings - Business - Savannah Morning News - Savannah, GA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 01:17 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
Wait. What?! Wasn’t Savannah just named one of the TOP 5 “priciest” cities to visit in America?! Post #444

Old 04-05-2018, 06:42 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Wait. What?! Wasn’t Savannah just named one of the TOP 5 “priciest” cities to visit in America?! Post #444
Precisely why these silly lists should be taken with a grain of salt. They’re opinion based anyway, for the most part.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:02 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,168,045 times
Savannah pub named 'best dive bar' of 2018 - News - Savannah Morning News - Savannah, GA

Old 04-28-2018, 05:55 PM

7 posts, read 6,152 times
All of you contributors to this thread are terrific! This evolving blog/thread is so great to browse. Your sharp wit and banter is precious. BUT, at the same time, as one reads more from each of you, the honest view of life in Savannah comes through. There may be sharp criticisms tossed about, but you really make it real and your affection for the town is evident.

I've only visited once, but am targeting a month's stay to get more of a feel for the rhythms and heartbeat of the town, as I do more research into relocation in retirement. The heat and humidity would certainly "make a man out of me", but I'm eager to test drive Savannah!

Dave in Metro Detroit

Old 04-29-2018, 10:00 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,111,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness17A View Post
AThe heat and humidity would certainly "make a man out of me", but I'm eager to test drive Savannah!
Boy are you in for a rough ride! Savannah's three seasons (January, February, and SUMMER) will shock you if you're from Michigan. I live in the Northeast but grew up in Savannah, and all these decades later I miss the sustained heat. That's often the way it works: If you grew up in the climate of the North (or Upper Midwest, West, Pacific Northwest), you will be as traumatized by coastal Georgia as I am by New York winters. Make sure you visit Savannah during June, July, or August so that you're dealing with Savannah reality.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:25 AM

975 posts, read 1,150,159 times
^ Ain't that the truth! (says this former Yankee)

Old 04-29-2018, 10:46 AM

496 posts, read 467,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
Boy are you in for a rough ride! Savannah's three seasons (January, February, and SUMMER) will shock you if you're from Michigan. I live in the Northeast but grew up in Savannah, and all these decades later I miss the sustained heat. That's often the way it works: If you grew up in the climate of the North (or Upper Midwest, West, Pacific Northwest), you will be as traumatized by coastal Georgia as I am by New York winters. Make sure you visit Savannah during June, July, or August so that you're dealing with Savannah reality.
Thus is cute. I live i n northern VT and even in the summer, I don't think it's warm enough to swim. Lol. I Iove the heat. Humidity stinks because it makes my hair frizzy. People laugh at me because I'm always chilled, even in the middle of summer.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:12 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness17A View Post
All of you contributors to this thread are terrific! This evolving blog/thread is so great to browse. Your sharp wit and banter is precious. BUT, at the same time, as one reads more from each of you, the honest view of life in Savannah comes through. There may be sharp criticisms tossed about, but you really make it real and your affection for the town is evident.

I've only visited once, but am targeting a month's stay to get more of a feel for the rhythms and heartbeat of the town, as I do more research into relocation in retirement. The heat and humidity would certainly "make a man out of me", but I'm eager to test drive Savannah!

Dave in Metro Detroit
Awww shucks! We’re just keeping it real. One of the things I love about Savannah is nobody here takes life too seriously. We just accept each new day as it comes, whether it be hot and humid (like it was on Saturday) or sunny but downright chilly (like it was on Sunday). Who knows what Monday will bring? Any day is a good day to be alive in Savannah GA!

Old 04-30-2018, 05:28 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
One of the things I love about Savannah is nobody here takes life too seriously.
NB Where were you able to find such a big paintbrush? I have searched high and low for one of those for years. Please advise ASAP!

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area