Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2007, 03:50 PM

14 posts, read 74,648 times

Advertisements

Hey! I'm still counting down. Less than 2 months until our holiday. I've been doing a lot of reasearch on things to do and places to go.
I've heard about lots of really good restaurants that we are hoping to try, but most of them sound pretty expensive.
Are there any really good less expensive, less formal places for lunch etc that anyone can reccomend? Here's my list so far, and I know we obviously won't get to all of them, but hey I can dream can't I?
The Pink House, The Sapphire, "Vics" on the River, LuLu's, Garibaldi's 45 bistro, Elizabeth on 37th, Johnny Harris BBQ, Jazz'd. I think we're going to take in the dinner cruise one night and we're coming during the seafood festival, so hope to pick up some good eats there too.
Thanks for any thoughts!
Tessa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 05:13 PM

214 posts, read 900,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TessaCanada View Post
Hey! I'm still counting down. Less than 2 months until our holiday. I've been doing a lot of reasearch on things to do and places to go.
I've heard about lots of really good restaurants that we are hoping to try, but most of them sound pretty expensive.
Are there any really good less expensive, less formal places for lunch etc that anyone can reccomend? Here's my list so far, and I know we obviously won't get to all of them, but hey I can dream can't I?
The Pink House, The Sapphire, "Vics" on the River, LuLu's, Garibaldi's 45 bistro, Elizabeth on 37th, Johnny Harris BBQ, Jazz'd. I think we're going to take in the dinner cruise one night and we're coming during the seafood festival, so hope to pick up some good eats there too.
Thanks for any thoughts!
Tessa
Johnny Harris is not that high and is one of my favorites. Here is a neat link of alot of local places to eat and also things to do. Hope it helps some.
Link - http://savannahoffthebeatenpath.com/

Old 09-03-2007, 07:59 PM

14 posts, read 74,648 times
Thanks! I love the link. I'll definately make use of it. I also found this other site where you can buy a VIP card for only $10 for a month and you save and can get free appetizers and stuff. I plan on getting a card before I come down.
: Savannah Restaurants & Dining In Savannah (http://savannahmenu.net/info_pages.php?pages_id=451 - broken link)
There are just so many restaurants, it's hard to know where you HAVE to go, ya know?
Tessa

Old 09-03-2007, 08:10 PM

214 posts, read 900,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TessaCanada View Post
Thanks! I love the link. I'll definately make use of it. I also found this other site where you can buy a VIP card for only $10 for a month and you save and can get free appetizers and stuff. I plan on getting a card before I come down.
: Savannah Restaurants & Dining In Savannah (http://savannahmenu.net/info_pages.php?pages_id=451 - broken link)
There are just so many restaurants, it's hard to know where you HAVE to go, ya know?
Tessa
If you like sweets like I do , make sure you go to Leopolds down town and get a Hot fudge sundae or a Milk Shake. You won't be disappointed.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:18 PM

67 posts, read 377,125 times
One of my favorites is Churchill's Pub on Bay Street.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:37 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,191,100 times
That list includes a lot of places that are inconvenient to get to.

Take a look at the reviews on this site. They tend to be more in the area that tourist usually go. The Saltwater Grill on Laroche Ave is a favorite of ours. It's not open for lunch.

Savannah Forum - TripAdvisor

Old 09-06-2007, 03:29 PM

27 posts, read 122,136 times
Another great sight for reviews is Tripadvisor.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:58 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
Churchill's is good. LOVE Huey's. We have eaten at Huey's for brunch and dinner and both times it was very good. MUST have Beignet's while there for desert. Of course there is The Lady & Son's owned by Paula Deen - very reasonably priced and you will NOT go away hungry. The food was REALLY good but if you want to avoid having to go wait in line hours ahead of time on the day of JUST to get a reservation for that day then splurge for the Paula Deen Tour thru Savannah Tours and you get VIP where you only have to call and tell them what day and time you want to come. The tour includes a stop for lunch at Uncle Bubba's Oyster House (owned by Bubba and his sister Paula Deen). The chargrilled oysters were REALLY good according to my husband (I don't do slimy foods). Along the way on the tour they also stop at many other places one being a local produce stand w/ lots of goodies to sample and purchase. We ended up buying a basket of fresh peaches. Boiled Peanuts are a specialty though and out for you to sample. This would also be a good way to find out other good local places to go eat.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:04 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,895,026 times
Friends of mine can vouch for that Paula Dean place. They said it was (and they really used these words).. "lick spittin' good". I'm not exactly sure why spittin and lickin are "good" but anyway, it was their way of saying they came away bloated, fatter, and happy. And yes, they said they waited forever in line to get in (no reservations).

Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 PM

10 posts, read 44,667 times
MaRandy's has really good soul food! Il Pistichio is a little pricy but excellent. The Mansion and the pink house are great too. The Pirates House is awesome..good food and its haunted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: