Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 948 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys!

I've been enjoying all your accounts about Savannah. Like some others, I googled what life is like there as I'm considering a move. I love all the opinions! I think it gives us all a more well-rounded idea of the city. I have only one question....
So what is wrong with being a Yankee? Okay, one more question... the weather... how often do you take a beating from hurricanes?
Thank you for any opinions you can provide.

Damned Yankee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 03:14 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned Yankee View Post
Hi Guys!

I've been enjoying all your accounts about Savannah. Like some others, I googled what life is like there as I'm considering a move. I love all the opinions! I think it gives us all a more well-rounded idea of the city. I have only one question....
So what is wrong with being a Yankee? Okay, one more question... the weather... how often do you take a beating from hurricanes?
Thank you for any opinions you can provide.

Damned Yankee
I'm from MA and OH. There are many Yankees down here and we get along fine. Interestingly, I have found that, even here, we seem to find each other. It's almost like we smell each other. The only real friends I've made, after 7 years, are from Ohio, NY and Pennsylvania.

Yankees move fast. Southerners move slow. Southerners do not care to hear about how to solve a problem that has already been solved 100x up north, unless they think of it. Not a bad thing, just a fact. I didn't know any black people before I moved here, but I've met many, and really enjoy them. The fact that we aren't friends is their choice, not mine. I think they just don't trust white people, deep down. Probably with good reason.

Hurricanes? Not very often. Savannah is tucked in to to coastline, so the most hurricanes bounce from FL to SC (but not ALL). Non issue for me.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:18 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I'm from MA and OH. There are many Yankees down here and we get along fine. Interestingly, I have found that, even here, we seem to find each other. It's almost like we smell each other. The only real friends I've made, after 7 years, are from Ohio, NY and Pennsylvania.

Yankees move fast. Southerners move slow. Southerners do not care to hear about how to solve a problem that has already been solved 100x up north, unless they think of it. Not a bad thing, just a fact. I didn't know any black people before I moved here, but I've met many, and really enjoy them. The fact that we aren't friends is their choice, not mine. I think they just don't trust white people, deep down. Probably with good reason.

Hurricanes? Not very often. Savannah is tucked in to to coastline, so the most hurricanes bounce from FL to SC (but not ALL). Non issue for me.

I give up.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
I give up.
What's wrong, Pink?

Old 05-16-2017, 10:27 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
I give up.
Quote:
What's wrong, Pink?
Well maybe ... "I've met black people and I really enjoy them" ...

But thanks for letting us know Yankeesw have an odor. I'd always suspected.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Well maybe ... "I've met black people and I really enjoy them" ...

But thanks for letting us know Yankeesw have an odor. I'd always suspected.
Lol. We smell like common sense.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:28 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
So what do Southerners smell like?

You sound like the exact type of Northerner that Southerners do NOT want moving down South.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:53 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Quote:
I spend most of my time in New York and travel back and fourth frequently between the Midwest, south and northeast so I've seen my share of people.

What you've said in your comment is plain ignorant. Regarding black people. Really? Why not just consider them people. i could go on, but that really rubbed me the wrong way.

I get the southern thing, but no, not all "yanks" know how to do it right either. And of all people, it's very rare when I defend a southerner, but this is a rare exception.

Maybe you could have worded your comment differently to make it less offensive.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
What's wrong, Pink?

If I REALLY was to answer this question I would be BANNED from City Data for violation of TOS. For a more specific answer to your query see three (3) other posters that responded for me.

Enuf said. They said it all my dear.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:

Think you can dig the hole deeper?? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area