Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 01:13 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,214 times

Advertisements

what a dumb thread to spend one's time on!

Old 11-29-2008, 01:34 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khyn View Post
lol twilight takes place in forks, forks averages 121 inches of rainfall a year. olympia averages around 39.5 inches. majorrrrr difference.
Yes, quite a difference, sorry, don't know anything about it up there.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:40 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec34 View Post
If you lik nature, secenry, etc, then you will love Washington. If you only like city, then you will love Seattle. In terms of the weather, well, I loved it when I was there. The whole rain thing is a myth, believe me. It got dark atlike 4pm in December and rained alot, but most of the year (april-october) it doesn't even rain that much and the rest of the months it's more of a drizzle most of the time. It's not like torretional rain fall (remember that 'one' day back in august when phoenix flooded cuz it rained for a whole day?) in houston or atalanta - it's nothing like that in WA state.
Oh yes, I love the nature. You are familiar with not having any in Phoenix. lol
I plan to get an overdose in WA.
Are you kidding, I remember every rain we've had in the last 5 years! That's how little of it we see. It rains buckets for 2 hours then nothing else for 2 months.
I am just going to enjoy going somewhere new, I haven't been out of Phoenix for 20 years!

Old 12-01-2008, 10:23 PM

100 posts, read 306,546 times
I remember visiting california and thinking the same thing. Nobody talks to you there I guess they think you are trying to steal something off of them. I do agree Seattle is not the best place for communication. I lived in Texas for a few yrs and boy I will tell u if you want friends and great neighbors that is the place to be. For me it was just to hot!!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 AM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
I have finally had enough of the passive aggressive social tyranny that rules Seattle. I am working getting out. I am juggling preservation of my career with moving back to Phoenix, AZ a.s.a.p.

I look forward to being around live people again!
Passive-agressiveness is everywhere. I should know. There is alot of passive-agressive in the South too. It's all over.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 AM

473 posts, read 1,702,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Seattle isnt even remotely comparable to San Francisco.

San francisco has a livability factor to it that seattle lacks big time. Attrition is low, the social scene is vibrant and exciting, and the atmosphere is great (primarily due to the great architecture and layout of the city and buildings).

Seattle is crap compared to san francisco (sorry locals! just another californians opinion)
I agree with you on this but it has got to be too crowded here and expensive $$$$.
I am really wondering what Custer, Washington is like. It looks pretty rural and lots of space with little traffic. Am I right on this?
Any additional information about Custer, Washington?

Last edited by stingray427; 12-19-2008 at 01:12 PM..

Old 12-10-2008, 11:36 AM

203 posts, read 720,372 times
California is like the polar opposite to Washington. Here, it's green/alive, moist, friendly, and cool. California is brown/dead, dry, hot, and everyone seems pissed off to me. Maybe San Francisco is different, but Redding, Sacramento, Palmdale, and the LA area all seemed just as i described!

Old 12-10-2008, 12:20 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
I disagree

Being from both Southern and Northern California, I feel like you are obviously generalizing each area.

I find Seattle area to be aloof, distant, and what's a good word for "hibernating in their house with their families only while waiting for the summer to peek out to join the rest of us?"

Seattle is green, but it's also grey and dark and cloudy. And moist and mossy and moldy. I find the continually dampness hard on my body - like I'm some sort of punching bag for the weather to beat up.

It's all a matter of taste of where you like.

I will say when I moved from SO Cal to Nor cal - I'd go back and think "WOW it's all brown and yucky in So Cal" and then I moved from Nor Cal to Seattle and would visit Sac, and think "WOW it's all brown and yucky in Nor Cal"

SO I can see your point of view on the browness, but I also look UP and think - what is that bright spherical thing? It's been up there for days and weeks and months now! When the sky opens up in california you can see for miles and it's like I can take a deep breath. Allt he low lying clothes in the PNW, make me feel claustrophobic. Caved in.

Now on the people - To me Sac people are like hyper puppy dogs compared to here. But both LA and Sac have it's bad, uneducated areas where unfortunately one bad egg makes a passer by think it's an awful place to be.

Redding - okay, mostly rednecks there (sorry Redding), and how did Palmdale get lumped in there?

Old 12-10-2008, 12:32 PM

203 posts, read 720,372 times
They are just places i've been or lived. Palmdale was one of them.. i didnt even mention ridgecrest.. its not worth mentioning under any circumstances.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:48 AM

473 posts, read 1,702,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuturbo View Post
California is like the polar opposite to Washington. Here, it's green/alive, moist, friendly, and cool. California is brown/dead, dry, hot, and everyone seems pissed off to me. Maybe San Francisco is different, but Redding, Sacramento, Palmdale, and the LA area all seemed just as i described!
You are correct as far as people in California being unfriendly, pissed off. If you look at someone here funny you will get shot and its very easy to get into a fight or for trouble to find you here.
Road rage is very high here as everyone carries guns and if they don't carry they still play games in this congested gridlocked state using their automobile as a weapon.
People here are very tense and life is very fast paced. Everyone wants your $$$ whether you have it or not and prices on everything keeps going up as well as more schemes to come up with to charge people $$$ for anything. If they had it their way they would charge you for the air that you breath. They already charge you for the air you must put in your vehicle's tires. There was talk about charging $$$to drive on designated streets in San Francisco during the commute hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area