Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 04:17 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,825,288 times

Advertisements

72 degrees and sunny! My son and I are going to walk over to Redmill for a burger. Yum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Why is there a thread for making people feel better about how crappy the weather is in Washington. LOL Serious denial. Haha
You have obviously never spent a summer here. I'd take this over anyplace in the mid-west or along the east-coast any time. Also the weather varies greatly within Washington State depending on where you are. I prefer many places in Eastern Washington climate wise, myself.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Why is there a thread for making people feel better about how bad the weather is in Washington. LOL It's the weather not your personality, don't take offense when others are living in nicer climates. Oh you point out that our state has terrible weather ooohhh how dare you. Come on...
You edited your post since I first quoted it. Let me assure you that I am NOT jealous of wherever it is that you reside, especially if it is somewhere east of the Rockies or in the Southwest. Have a nice day!

Old 06-11-2014, 06:39 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
You edited your post since I first quoted it. Let me assure you that I am NOT jealous of wherever it is that you reside, especially if it is somewhere east of the Rockies or in the Southwest. Have a nice day!
ahaha you folks are so defensive

Old 06-11-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
ahaha you folks are so defensive
If anyone is jealous it surely MUST be you. Otherwise why take time out of your day to come on here and bash us Washingtonians in this thread? And no I wasn't being defensive, I was merely stating a fact. Have a nice day!

Old 06-11-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
If anyone is jealous it surely MUST be you. Otherwise why take time out of your day to come on here and bash us Washingtonians in this thread? And no I wasn't being defensive, I was merely stating a fact. Have a nice day!
Yes I am jealous of the weather in Seattle it is so wonderful for 10 months of the year. I come here to watch Seatards defend something that has really nothing to do with them or anybody else. It is quite comical. Don't feel bad though the weather on the east side of the cascades is just as bad if not worse in winter. Why not just admit what we all already know, the weather in Washington sucks.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:40 PM

Lets not confuse people who are thinking of moving to Seattle. The only reason someone would move to Washington for weather would be if they like rain, snow, wind, THE INVERSION, generally lower temperatures throughout most of the year and forest fires. Or they are afraid of humidity and bugs. People don't move to Washington to relax in the beautiful Summer weather that lasts about two months. Haha

Old 06-11-2014, 08:13 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,984 times
Quote:
Lets not confuse people who are thinking of moving to Seattle. The only reason someone would move to Washington for weather would be if they like rain, snow, wind, THE INVERSION, generally lower temperatures throughout most of the year and forest fires. Or they are afraid of humidity and bugs. People don't move to Washington to relax in the beautiful Summer weather that lasts about two months. Haha
I like good weather as much as anyone. It's just not the only thing I like. We aren't trying to make ourselves feel better. There are simply a bunch of us wondering what all the fuss is about. Yeah, the weather up here will never be confused with San Diego but it isn't nearly as bad as the reputation. But to each his own. For some this place is worse than Gitmo. I braced myself for the weather equivalent of Special Forces training and instead found it to be more like a cub scouts meeting.

From what I'm seeing, people who moved here from the Midwest or Northeast don't even blink an eye at the weather.

[EDIT] I just read on another thread where you stated how bad the inversion is and said you don't see the sun for months on end. THIS is why many of us are posting about the good weather too. It is to offset the total crock of BS being written like that.

Last edited by CarawayDJ; 06-11-2014 at 08:21 PM..

Old 06-11-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I like good weather as much as anyone. It's just not the only thing I like. We aren't trying to make ourselves feel better. There are simply a bunch of us wondering what all the fuss is about. Yeah, the weather up here will never be confused with San Diego but it isn't nearly as bad as the reputation. But to each his own. For some this place is worse than Gitmo. I braced myself for the weather equivalent of Special Forces training and instead found it to be more like a cub scouts meeting.

From what I'm seeing, people who moved here from the Midwest or Northeast don't even blink an eye at the weather.
Yeah I would agree with that because the weather is worse in those regions. It certainly isn't for everybody and I think people from southern areas of the U.S. tend to like it the least. If you like it more power to you. I just think it's odd when people get on here and start claiming its the greatest weather in the country and they hate the weather in the south because of humidity. I guess its just humidity vs. cold wet weather. Oh well I will take humidity any day.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:57 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,054,460 times
Quote:
I'm a SoCal native. I've been here going on two years and this has not even been close to my experience with the weather. I saw snow for about 40 minutes one night this past winter (the winter before it was five minutes). I was pretty mad when my tiny snowman was gone the next day.

It has been so sunny here since late February that I find it a little depressing. I hate the sun, and never expected it to be as sunny here as it is. The grass is actually dying right now. I'm desperate for rain!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area