Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 08:20 AM

576 posts, read 1,818,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
So that covers the southern states, but people in the upper plains and northeast deal with bitter cold and snow in winter, cool springs and autumns and they are still friendly. And NYC, DC, and Eastern Pa have lots of gray days-doesn't see to bother have them hiding from everyone.
I don't think it's really temperature, but cloudiness that affects people. No one seems to understand that.

Man, 1000 posts.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:01 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tada View Post
I don't think it's really temperature, but cloudiness that affects people. No one seems to understand that.

Man, 1000 posts.
The sun doesn't make much of a difference on me.

1,000 posts. The longest thread for the Seattle forum. Th longest lasting thread and the second longest would be:https://www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...n-seattle.html.

The cloudy weather and rain doesn't get me down. I go out in it regardless.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:17 PM

29 posts, read 104,884 times
I vote that this thread be closed................even though it's the longest lasting thread for seattle, it's also the thread that goes around in circles more than any other! I check this thread maybe every two months and every time it's one person saying "it's not the rain, it's the clouds" and another person saying "it's much better in my sun-drenched state where everybody says hello and brings cookies to your door." It's a boring thread and nobody is getting any smarter by reading it.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:32 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,074,125 times
This thread is still going? lol

Old 02-17-2009, 05:06 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,830,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olynative View Post
I vote that this thread be closed................even though it's the longest lasting thread for seattle, it's also the thread that goes around in circles more than any other! I check this thread maybe every two months and every time it's one person saying "it's not the rain, it's the clouds" and another person saying "it's much better in my sun-drenched state where everybody says hello and brings cookies to your door." It's a boring thread and nobody is getting any smarter by reading it.
1. Threads don't get closed because they bore someone. Feel free to ignore this thread.

2. The goal of every interaction in life isn't to get smarter...sometimes it is just to share some camaraderie about something, in this case, the peculiar cultural climate of Seattle.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:01 AM

29 posts, read 104,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
1. Threads don't get closed because they bore someone. Feel free to ignore this thread.

2. The goal of every interaction in life isn't to get smarter...sometimes it is just to share some camaraderie about something, in this case, the peculiar cultural climate of Seattle.
Fair enough, ramble on my friends............

Old 02-17-2009, 10:05 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Coming from someone who has lived in the Seattle area for a time, I feel that if I had continued to live in Seattle to this day, this thread would still have little bearing on me. I never felt "frozen out" when I lived there. Sometimes it's a conflict of interests. I don't know, I guess Seattle would fit me because I'm a book-type of person and I'm constantly on the internet.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:10 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,599,889 times
The thing is though, you don't have to be a bookish/introverted person to thrive in Seattle. I am native to this area, and I have a social life. I am a chill/mellow person by nature, but that doesn't mean I am some awkward pushover geek that doesn't know how to talk to a stranger.

Also, if I had to live somewhere where my neighbors would just show up at my door at all hours unannounced, I would shoot myself.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:20 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,599,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tada View Post

Man, 1000 posts.
Cloudiness affects some, but so does arctic temperatures or ungodly high heat and humidity. Cloudy skies is not the only weather related phenomenon that can affect your mood.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:26 PM

576 posts, read 1,818,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olynative View Post
The whole point of creating this thread was so that there weren't a billion other threads on the Freeze cluttering up this board. If you'd rather have a bunch of smaller threads on the same subject... by all means, try and get this thread locked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area