Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 03:08 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,055,101 times

Advertisements

I've been to futureofbothell.com, but it paints a picture of how things will be in...2025. I can't seem to figure out when the downtown will be completed/expnded, what kinds of mixed use they're doing, stages, etc. Is the area expected to be quaint and walkable? Or will it just be lofts tacked onto the downtown? Will there be more shopping? I just can't seem to figure out that website, so anyone with any inside knowledge...please help me out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 03:55 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Look at the website again. On the right it has that button that says "Staying Informed"... it does have a part in there that says "time line" (on the left), click on that. If you want it more detailed, press on "Click Here".

Old 09-17-2013, 04:34 PM

Thanks. It looks like that timeline tells you when stuff is scheduled to begin, but not end. And when you click, it gives you renderings and info about green spaces, parking and lane widths, etc. Even the little movie is mostly illustrated people walking in slow-motion to piano music. It's just a very vague website!

I guess I was looking for more concrete information about expected completion dates for these projects, and which of them are expected to be completed first. Also what kind of commercial will come in. Is it a Whole Foods...or more of a local/boutique flair? I'll keep poking around.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:33 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,906 times
It is supposed to be much more walkable. They have reopened the re-routed highway - maybe you've seen that? It's so weird to drive through there now, for those of us who used to live around there. They're going to extend Main Street, connecting it to the West Hill neighborhood, basically. The new section will be lined with mixed use apartments/condos with retail on the bottom. McMennamins has already signed a lease to renovate and take over the old school building; they're turning it into a hotel, pub and small movie theatre they say.

Anyway, there is supposed to be a pedestrian corridor all the way up Main Street, connecting Pop Keeney stadium with downtown.

I was surprised how fast they were able to re-route the highway. I know people think the project has dragged on for a long time, but actually that's not really the case. After they bulldozed the old Landing buildings by the park, they had to fill in the land and let it settle. Now they're building again.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:37 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,077,437 times
People were talking up Bothell back in 2006 during the height of the bubble, and nothing became of it. I'm still skeptical that the area is going to have a massive transformation. If you look at the kind of development that has gone on out there in the past decade it's all cheap suburban sprawl.

The landing renovation is interesting, but it's taken a long time to re-develop. The building McMennamins bought, along with the rest of that stretch of road looks even more run down than it did 20 years ago. It might *pop* all of a sudden and become a real downtown, but who knows. Apparently the Northshore pool complex has been boarded up for half a decade.

That area went all ghetto.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:25 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Have you driven down 228th and seen all the new housing developments in Bothell? Big wide sidewalks on either side all the way to Highway 9? Country Village? Country Village | Unique Shopping Experience in Bothell Washington All that plus the Bothell Landing Development is making Bothell look rather good. I'm neither for or against Bothell but it's hard to miss what seems to be developing more every day.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
It is supposed to be much more walkable. They have reopened the re-routed highway - maybe you've seen that? It's so weird to drive through there now, for those of us who used to live around there. They're going to extend Main Street, connecting it to the West Hill neighborhood, basically. The new section will be lined with mixed use apartments/condos with retail on the bottom. McMennamins has already signed a lease to renovate and take over the old school building; they're turning it into a hotel, pub and small movie theatre they say.

Anyway, there is supposed to be a pedestrian corridor all the way up Main Street, connecting Pop Keeney stadium with downtown.

I was surprised how fast they were able to re-route the highway. I know people think the project has dragged on for a long time, but actually that's not really the case. After they bulldozed the old Landing buildings by the park, they had to fill in the land and let it settle. Now they're building again.
Interesting, thanks. I do think it's coming together, and the plans do look really promising. It is a bit of a headache driving around all that construction, though.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Have you driven down 228th and seen all the new housing developments in Bothell? Big wide sidewalks on either side all the way to Highway 9? Country Village? Country Village | Unique Shopping Experience in Bothell Washington All that plus the Bothell Landing Development is making Bothell look rather good. I'm neither for or against Bothell but it's hard to miss what seems to be developing more every day.
I haven't! That Country Village looks adorable. Thanks for the tip!

mkarch: We looked at a house that was built during what must have been that bubble. Gorgeous place, but the price is double everything else in the area. It's a shame, because I really love the house (and Bothell seems like it's taking shape).

Old 09-20-2013, 12:57 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,077,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
I haven't! That Country Village looks adorable. Thanks for the tip!

mkarch: We looked at a house that was built during what must have been that bubble. Gorgeous place, but the price is double everything else in the area. It's a shame, because I really love the house (and Bothell seems like it's taking shape).
Personally I think the area looked a lot nicer before it was built up, especially on the Snohomish County side. Bothell historically doesn't prioritize esthetics or growth management the way other cities do. When Canyon Park became the main shopping center the older areas were let go. It looks as though some serious though did go into realigning the roads at the 522 / Bothell way interchange. Maybe that is a sign of good things to come, it's just taken a long long time.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:51 AM

32 posts, read 37,351 times
I've been reading about Bothell Landing. We live about 25 minutes from there, not very close but I was curious what they were building and doing.
Has anyone seen anything? I still have a lot to learn about Canyon Park and the surrounding areas. I love to go places and don't mind traveling 20 minutes to get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area