Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 11:35 AM

15,841 posts, read 6,547,612 times

Advertisements

It's kind of funny, but after watching a soccer match for a while I turn to watch a football game and it seems like they're just standing around most of the time. The game has become mainly about replays and reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 11:41 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
Yup shae, don't see too many chubby pro soccer players .

Old 12-04-2017, 04:24 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It's kind of funny, but after watching a soccer match for a while I turn to watch a football game and it seems like they're just standing around most of the time. The game has become mainly about replays and reviews.
I am surprised the NFL as a whole hasn't tried to move the game into a more fast paced environment, something like an NBA feeling. But maybe the anticipated before each play is something most fans like. But I figured we Americans are more about go go go, fast fast fast.

Soccer is really unique in that it really doesn't stop much. It just keeps going and going. NFL, NBA, MLB have that stop and go feeling. I think NHL is like soccer also.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:06 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,581 times
Well you also don’t see super jacked soccer players with 46in verts and 400lb benches either

Old 12-05-2017, 12:25 PM

Christiano Ronaldo's leaping ability is pretty respectable... but yeah, it's "only" 36in.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:29 PM

234 posts, read 499,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
This is a great quote and sums up my thoughts exactly. I now get kind antsy watching a football game. I keep thinking hurry up guys! Then when something exciting does happen like a touchdown or change of possession off a turnover the game is stopped for three plus minutes of commercials. I used to be a huge football fan and I still want the Seahawks to do well, but I just don't watch them much anymore or feel the same passion towards the team or the game. I'd say I'm more of a casual fan at this point. I know I'm completely in the minority but give me soccer over NFL any day. Go Sounders!

Old 12-11-2017, 10:03 AM

Too bad the Sounders didn't pull it off, despite an excellent defense and top-notch goalkeeping. Still, it was a great year, so kudos to the players, coaches and managers. Also, congrats to Toronto for a spectacular season. They've definitely raised the bar on this league. Now everybody else will need to get better.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:06 PM

269 posts, read 297,768 times
God, is this absurd thread STILL going?

(even AF-ter the local team managed a combined TWO shots on goal in TWO league championship games)

Who tries harder?

The Sounders, or the Mariners ??

We already HAD a team that might win 43% of its games... why bother with this boring sport which is best suited to communities around the world which, collectively, might be able to afford a ball (or a semi-reasonable facsimile)?

"ESPN'S top-rated markets for the MLS Cup:

1. Seattle
2. Louisville
3. Columbus
4. Norfolk and Raleigh
6. Atlanta, Indianapolis, and Portland
9. Austin, Birmingham, Memphis and Philadelphia"

What more needs to be said...?

And how many fans have ever been killed at American football games anyway???

(yeah, some drunk falls off of a high ramp at the Kingdome once in a blue moon, but he's never completely innocent in deciding his own fate)

In places where soccer is king, you're killed randomly just for caring...

(yeah, it's a great sport {usually when it's the only sport you can afford} )

Spare us the absurdity.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:57 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Go away troll! I don't like golf, but I don't visit their threads posting nonsense.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:26 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
Botev times 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area