Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 11:19 AM

147 posts, read 168,179 times

Advertisements

On a hot day its fun to tube down the wenatchee river, or raft down. There are company's in Leavenworth that provide the equipment and drop off and pick up.

If you want to do it on your own you really need to research where the dangerous areas of the river are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 11:49 AM

1,161 posts, read 436,011 times
Long Beach.

Leavenworth.

Mossyrock (specifically the Lake Mayfield area)

I spent a lot of my teen years and early 20's in Anacortes, Wa. My family still lives there. I never appreciated it until now. When I go back there I really enjoy it.

Anything in British Columbia. Love BC.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:56 AM

8,178 posts, read 8,318,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is the first I've heard of Lake QUinault. I'm adding it to my "to do" list.Is there anyplace to stay, besides the big lodge? It looks expensive.
Yeah, there are some cheaper motels and airbnbs I'm sure. The old trees are spectacular. We were there in the fall a few years ago, ran into a convention (not joking) of mycologists. Ended up hunting chanterelles with crazy fun scientists in the woods .

Old 06-04-2019, 06:22 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,997,747 times
Chelan is good for a long week end. For the summer tourist season I would recommend going just after the kids are back in school.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:57 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,141,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Glad you found Leavenworth, 41Willys! It is unique and worth spending some time there. I know, an entire town in Bavarian decor, in Washington state no less!

It will get warmer as the weeks roll on here. I think that upper 70's and even lower 80's are reachable there in July and August. The town fills up at Christmas, of course, and various other times throughout the year. Lots of shops for exploring and restaurants and hotels in German theme. It I'd s Pacific Northwest gem.
Leavenworth often reaches 90 in July and August. It's east of the Cascades, so summer is warmer and winters colder.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:14 PM

233 posts, read 306,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Just got back from spending two days in Vancouver BC. Granville Island is always great with all of its food choices, buskers, farmers, craftspeople, water taxis. Kayaks on the Inner Harbor are available, though I didn't do it this time. I also went up to NE Vancouver and had a super couple hour hike from the Lynn Valley Headlands down to the crystal blue Lynn Canyon cliffs and pools. Went into Chinatown and spent a couple hours at the excellent Dr Sun Yat-Sen authentic Chinese garden, then capped it off with some tasty Sri Lankan food (there is none in Seattle) at a little spot i just found nearby. The next day I spent some time on the beach at Kitsalano Beach, really nice spot.
I love Kitsalano! Also check out the area near Tsawassan, Boundary Bay!

Old 06-05-2019, 11:20 AM

8,178 posts, read 8,318,829 times
Anyone mention Walla Walla? Surprisingly fun, great wineries and good food everywhere. Also, if you have never been to the Gorge Ampitheatre in George for a show, go there. It's a breathtaking place, amazing shows there each summer. If you are a climber, you can couple it with some excellent sport climbing at Frenchman Coulee/Vantage very closeby. Here is the link. I've been up on these rocks, very cool spot. Also decent scrambling and nice photography opportunities for non-climbers: https://washingtonclimbers.org/index...10/13/vantage/

Here's is the Gorge concert schedule for this summer: https://www.livenation.com/venues/14...e-amphitheatre

Old 06-05-2019, 01:43 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,622 posts, read 81,316,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Yeah, there are some cheaper motels and airbnbs I'm sure. The old trees are spectacular. We were there in the fall a few years ago, ran into a convention (not joking) of mycologists. Ended up hunting chanterelles with crazy fun scientists in the woods .
We stayed there several years ago at a smaller, reasonably priced motel, near a pretty good restaurant.

There are amazing hiking trails in the area, but for fishing & boating, some interesting regulations. The lake is in the Quinault Indian Nation Reservation so they own the entire lake and it's subject to tribal laws.
Permits (with fees) are required for both fishing and boating and they have their own regulations which are not the same as the State Fish And Game.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:34 PM

13,078 posts, read 7,541,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
I cant wait to get to BC. I hear so many good things about it. I went to Cannon Beach about a month ago and totally fell in love with it.
What?!? You didn 't invite me. I could show you how to chase down clams.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:33 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,195,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
What?!? You didn 't invite me. I could show you how to chase down clams.
HaHa! I was in Portland for work and had half a day to kill so I went there for lunch and a stroll on the beach. That place is in my top 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area