Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 10:01 AM

9,829 posts, read 7,268,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
What have you done for your city and country lately?
Got the vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 10:02 AM

268 posts, read 358,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Sorry yaya, I had two cousins suffer badly and die. A dear friend is a front line covid treating physician and has been through hell for the last year and a half and seen suffering in all age groups. OP, what have I done? Convinced about 5 Republican leaning people in my extended family (In Florida) to get vaccines. The Covid cases/deaths have come way down in the US with widespread vaccine use. Do you debate these statistics or are are you more hesitant/worried about possible side effects/down the road problems?

Here’s our WA State Health Department addressing vaccine questions/doubts: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/C...s#heading62102
My condolences myhomeimnseattle for your family loss. We have signed up our 12 year old to get vaccinated. I feel like the OP is almost troll level. You don`t want to get vaccinated ? good for you. You do? great! I am a strong pro vaccine ( even before my mon and brother got " hit" ) but will not push anyone.

Old 05-25-2021, 10:08 AM

130,455 posts, read 12,124,678 times
I'm not telling people what to do. I support getting vaccinated, but it's up to people to make their own minds up, & hope that logic will prevail & get the vaccine.

Old 05-25-2021, 10:12 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,841,188 times
Quote:
Took me several months, but as of today, I have played a big part in convincing 5 locals to not get the vaccine. I knew all of them, and all are below age 50. Persistence pays.

Please share your logic! - Most of us know folks who have decided against the COVID Vaccine, but there seem to be very few rational reasons for doing so.

Old 05-25-2021, 10:13 AM

13,080 posts, read 7,523,914 times
Beware of the Black Fungus (for those who contract a severe case of Covid).

Old 05-25-2021, 10:27 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,915,097 times
Or the macroglossia "COVID tongue". Sheesh.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...e-16195172.php

Old 05-25-2021, 10:56 AM

351 posts, read 342,549 times
Quote:
Took me several months, but as of today, I have played a big part in convincing 5 locals to not get the vaccine. I knew all of them, and all are below age 50. Persistence pays.

I feel sorry for you.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:01 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,861,320 times
On a related note, it seems like Dr. JW Ulm might be on your side if you do not get boosters!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...about-new.html

Last edited by usernametaken; 05-25-2021 at 12:23 PM..

Old 05-25-2021, 03:29 PM

8,072 posts, read 8,374,563 times
Vaccine-refusers are willfully exposing themselves to and spreading Covid-19 variants that are both more infectious and more lethal than the original variants that have killed over a half-million Americans.

This will only delay, or even defeat, "herd immunity", with Covid-19 likely becoming the "new flu", but many times worse. This will also only further restrictions, by a majority looking to protect themselves from you.

Want your kids to go to public school? Want to put them into public daycare? Want to fly? Want to travel overseas? Want to visit your parents in a nursing home? Want to attend a public college or university? Get vaccinated!

Old 05-25-2021, 04:16 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,268,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Want your kids to go to public school? Want to put them into public daycare? Want to fly? Want to travel overseas? Want to visit your parents in a nursing home? Want to attend a public college or university?
Honestly I just want things to be normal again. That's why I got mine. Just trying to do my little part, whatever I can do to help. It's completely selfish.

I've lived in Seattle almost a year and a half now, paying all this rent, and still haven't been able to fully enjoy it. Arrived out here at the beginning of 2020, naively planning to go to all these concerts and do the underground tour, take a cruise to Alaska, visit Canada, etc... oops.

I don't care if internet people think I'm a sheeple. Whatever. I just want to be a sheeple in normalcy, watching a band I like, happy with beer in hand. Would be nice if they would help me in this simple goal.

Sincerely,

Sheepless in Seattle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area