Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 04:00 PM

234 posts, read 499,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
To counterbalance the OP, I convinced 10 Seattleites to get the vaccine.
Ha, beat me to it. I was going to say the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 04:01 PM

12,851 posts, read 9,583,014 times
Made by the same folks who think marijuana will turn you into an axe murderer. See anyone with polio these days?

Old 05-26-2021, 04:03 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
lol, well that's fantastic. Make sure you stay up to date in all your future boosters. Thanks for being a hero to our society.
Sure thing, bud. I hope you survive your next bout with influenza. Thanks.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:27 PM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 333,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Sure thing, bud. I hope you survive your next bout with influenza. Thanks.
I have built a lot of natural immunity, don't worry.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
I have built a lot of natural immunity, don't worry.
Well good for you. And yes, our family has a rather robust immune system. But I look at it that vaccines are giving our body an extra workout. It's like lifting weights.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:21 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,890,692 times
Nobody should be proud of convincing anyone one way or the other. Let the individual decide. Then let the chips fall where they may. However, that strategy could cause more sickness and deaths.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:33 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,674,107 times
It's just OP's way of protesting. I'm finding that it's falling on party lines even though it was Trump that supposedly got us the vaccines, and lots of it, and very early on compared to most other countries. Yet now his party members don't want it. Why? I guess they think the entire thing, including all the "experts" are full of BS. The rates, what was counted or not counted and the rules, or lack thereof. From going from "flattening the curve" to multiple shutdowns with no real goal in mind. I can understand it, however I went ahead and got the vaccine and let me kids get it anyway.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
It's just OP's way of protesting. I'm finding that it's falling on party lines even though it was Trump that supposedly got us the vaccines, and lots of it, and very early on compared to most other countries. Yet now his party members don't want it. Why? I guess they think the entire thing, including all the "experts" are full of BS. The rates, what was counted or not counted and the rules, or lack thereof. From going from "flattening the curve" to multiple shutdowns with no real goal in mind. I can understand it, however I went ahead and got the vaccine and let me kids get it anyway.
Tucker Carlson has been pushing an anti-vaxxer narrative, and many on the right follow his show. I think he has been a significant factor. Fox News views this as a way to attack Biden and the "liberal elites", which to me is badly misguided thinking. American politics is needlessly self-destructive these days.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:07 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,136,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
One thing I still don't get how Washington has the highest infection rates at the moment. 60% of adults with at least one dose and still far worse than even Texas that hasn't had any restrictions for a few months.

Last edited by Botev1912; 05-26-2021 at 09:16 PM..

Old 05-26-2021, 09:27 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,674,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
One thing I still don't get how Washington has the highest infection rates at the moment. 60% of adults with at least one dose and still far worse than even Texas that hasn't had any restrictions for a few months.
I know! I was seriously sitting here for, like, 20 minutes comparing our rates with the rest of the states. Did a google news search for "WA covid rate increase" and still got nothing. Not in the news at all... yet...

Last Friday we got an email from the school district that if the rates were below 200/100k in King County for 5 consecutive school days that by agreement with the teacher's union the district MUST offer in-person learning 4 days a week... that clock started Friday and even though our state rates topped at 1636 today... (highest since May 14th) the kids are welcomed to go into the schools tomorrow...

Wonder what the schools will do if the rates jump back up over 200. In fact, I wonder if they were actually over 200 for King County today I got the email around noon so they didn't have measurements for today...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area