Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 11:53 AM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 333,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Well clearly you do, since you're posting about it. But good luck with that. Anti-vaxxer reasoning is strongly influenced by confirmation bias, which is unlikely to be influenced by reason, logic, or scientific data. The best bet in this case is to provide real world examples. I gave mine.
Then you should feel very happy about your shots and your government to do the right thing. Who am I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 12:44 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,861,320 times
On a related related note:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...deaths-us.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
On a related note, it seems like Dr. JW Ulm might be on your side if you do not get boosters!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...about-new.html

Old 05-26-2021, 01:02 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,268,603 times
You both clearly like the attention, and love to be all tough guy on the internet. Anti-vax world is not unlike the conspiracy theory people. It's human nature, people just like to feel special/unique/superior/feel like they're in the know, and everyone else is sheep. The government is bad. Whatever, great. What matters is the actual arguments and evidence, and yours are about as weak as your insecurities. Impressive that you convinced 5 people, though. Good thing WA state has 7.6 million.

Old 05-26-2021, 01:15 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
Then you should feel very happy about your shots and your government to do the right thing. Who am I?
Well, personally I thank the scientists who tirelessly spent their careers developing this ingenious mRNA vaccine technology. They deserve a big award. Then I thank the generous philanthropists who gambled billions of dollars to get it developed and produced in record time. The government played an important role getting it approved, of course. Then I thank the medical workers who stuck it in my arm. I've had much more peace of mind since then.

Old 05-26-2021, 01:26 PM

365 posts, read 258,450 times
[delete]

Old 05-26-2021, 02:06 PM

12,850 posts, read 9,583,014 times
To counterbalance the OP, I convinced 10 Seattleites to get the vaccine.

Old 05-26-2021, 03:15 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,201,476 times

Old 05-26-2021, 03:40 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,915,097 times
The above graphic with snapshots from bygone eras was obviously created by someone without even a kindergartener's inkling of what 'science' means – a process by which ongoing observations lead to increased knowledge and a better understanding of that which is being observed.

SCIENCE is how we know now that those products have downsides that can outweigh the benefits – benefits which, by the way, are relative. For example, when a population suffers from significant food shortages, the longer term carcinogenic effects of crop boosters are less of an urgent concern, are they not?

Old 05-26-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Well, personally I thank the scientists who tirelessly spent their careers developing this ingenious mRNA vaccine technology. They deserve a big award. Then I thank the generous philanthropists who gambled billions of dollars to get it developed and produced in record time. The government played an important role getting it approved, of course. Then I thank the medical workers who stuck it in my arm. I've had much more peace of mind since then.
lol, well that's fantastic. Make sure you stay up to date in all your future boosters. Thanks for being a hero to our society.

Old 05-26-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
The above graphic with snapshots from bygone eras was obviously created by someone without even a kindergartener's inkling of what 'science' means – a process by which ongoing observations lead to increased knowledge and a better understanding of that which is being observed.

SCIENCE is how we know now that those products have downsides that can outweigh the benefits – benefits which, by the way, are relative. For example, when a population suffers from significant food shortages, the longer term carcinogenic effects of crop boosters are less of an urgent concern, are they not?
Yeah. The corporations have become much more morally and ethically sound since the bygone eras. In fact I'm going to send a donation to one of them, 50 bucks, as a token of my appreciation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area