Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 23 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,936,424 times

Advertisements

To movingwiththewind:

+1 for your post! I definitely agree. Im sure you know which post I am referring too. Well, at least I hope you know which post I am referring too. The first word of that post is "guys" and the last word "it."

Last edited by ; 06-23-2010 at 07:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 07:27 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,430,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
It just gets old after awhile. Let's face it, whenever Seattle comes up in passing conversation, movies, tv, etc....somehow the weather is always brought into the conversation as well. No other city has a reputation that is so intertwined with it's weather. Portland and Vancouver, which have virtually identical climates, aren't stigmatized nearly as much as Seattle is regarding the overcast weather. It just gets real tiresome having to listen to it day after day. We get it already.
You've obviously never talked about San Francisco lol

Old 06-28-2010, 08:34 PM

4 posts, read 19,202 times
Default Starbucks headquarters - cool place to work?

Hi, Is Starbucks HQ a cool place to work (compared to tech industry)?

Old 07-03-2010, 09:16 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,891,485 times
Jon21, I suppose. If you work at the Sbux HQ, they will make you work one week as a Barista, so that you would know how the "foot soldiers" work and experience the job.

But Microsoft isn't too bad to work for as well. Too many perks, I'm very envious of those who work for either companies.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:38 AM

5 posts, read 8,333 times
Default why young people in seattle are so dramatic?

I lived almost 7 years in seattle. and what i find is that young people around here are so dramatic. like they got nothing better to do. and all these white people, especially girls and especially the ones from eastside (bellevue, redmond, kirkland...etc) love to hang out with ghetto black people and girls will trynna looks like hoodrat and start dramas all the time and worshipping their supposedly black boyfriend who dont even give much **** about em like god. and guys (in this case both blacks and whites) have a strong tough guy wannabe attitude and they generally try too hard to act "ghetto" and if they find you nerd they'll bully you and step on you like an ant and once again...generally dramatic. why is that? can they find something better to do?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:04 AM

615 posts, read 1,076,984 times
Probably because Washington culture started from loggers and miners.

And it's a society geared towards highly educated wealthy people, so they feel disregarded by society.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:38 AM

well seattle you see 2 types of people: 1. nerdy hippies who think they're so smart. they're overly educated starbucks liberal and generally environmentalist. just your average stereotypical seattlites you know. 2. the ghetto wannabees: guys are pretty much bullies in saggy pants who be mean and do harm just for the **** of it and girls worship their black boyfriend who in fact doesnt give a **** about em like god, both are dramatic as hell. in fact if you're act too hard they gonna turn ***** and back off but however they generally feed on the weak like scavangers so be sure to act confidance and make sure you looks sharp and be prepared for fight all the time otherwisely they might think they can put you down and you'll face endless humiliation.

and the public transportation system is not pretty good and it stops after 12 am just like majority of things in seattle, but however it's good for west coast standard (only beaten by san francisco). lack of adult entertainment on the east side might be the reason why ppl are dramatic and immature. there's not much night life with good quality around here (at least there are some in downtown but completely zero on the eastside). the city design and the laws, especially weapon laws, for the most parts are quite...well, "liberal". so if you're a night person who's peaceful and likes people with maturity and class and into indoor activities, you wont like it here too much.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:41 AM

To jlee::

Your post makes nooooo sense.

The people you are talking about with some of the sentences you wrote I dont really see around and dont really seem to exist much here like you see around seem like losers to me. Its just certain people like that that truly bring lots of unneccessary corruption, stupidity, and negative things to society and their surroundings. Its not just some of the type of people you described in particular but just other things too. You scratched the surface for the type of people that just bring corruption and negative things to society.

I used to hang out around lame people in middle school and I am glad I decided to ditch those horrible friendships and avoid people that are too immature, sketchy, and/or mistrusting as much as I can.

When I am around people like that, I automatically dont show respect to people like that and sometimes make it obvious.

I cant respect people that act like they "have nothing better to do" when there are things they can do, and then make others that have "things to do
feel bad that they have things to do, and people that dont respect intellect, culture and having non superficial interests and then sometimes seem to actually look down upon other people that actually are into those things everyone should be into and its probably because theyre jealous that they created such a corrupted, superficial, uninspiring life for themselves when they didnt have to and then they somehow want to bring other people down that are like that. And then there are people that just look for opportunities to bring down other people down and then types of people that actually want to commit crimes and do horrible things. And then there are types of people that are horribly racist, sexist, or homophobic, or have extreme unwarranted prejudice for someone else for some other reason and want to bring someone down. for I can be more specific about what type of people Im talking about.

There are definitely plenty of great people out there, but some truly make me question why someone can "lose it" so much and be so bigoted.

Where do you live in the area specifically?

Last edited by ; 07-05-2010 at 09:14 AM..

Old 07-05-2010, 09:20 AM

To jlee:

The ghetto wannabes are the "weak people."

The more mature, more cultured type of people are the stronger people.

And Seattle having only 2 types of people the way you described made me LMAO.

What is this other Seattle some people are talking about!? Its not the Seattle I live in. I disagree with your views from my experience and you dont seem to know Seattle itself well at all.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post
To jlee:

The ghetto wannabes are the "weak people."

The more mature, more cultured type of people are the stronger people.

And Seattle having only 2 types of people the way you described made me LMAO.

What is this other Seattle some people are talking about!? Its not the Seattle I live in. I disagree with your views from my experience and you dont seem to know Seattle itself well at all.
have you been to the east side (bellevue, redmond...etc)? plenty of em over there. they actually have higher aggression than real ghetto folks since i know someone from compton ca and he's not even as aggressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area