Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2018, 11:31 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,485,498 times

Advertisements

I purchased something on via AP after between x-mas and new Years. It took 6 days to arrive. 2 of them were on a weekend, but still, barely made the cutoff. This was last year, and I regret not filing a complaint then

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Won't be long before Amazon removes the guarantee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They might as well remove it now, as there is nothing behind it. They will certainly lose customers buying Prime benefits if they are ever that honest to remove it from the site though. They’ll just keep it up there knowing most people will take their $10 and go away.
Akin to the "unlimited data" that cell providers peddled back a decade ago.

Ditto with AYCE buffets. Some of them had as part of their policies that they reserve the right to refuse service at a certain point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I just can't understand why someone would pay for Prime - in all the yrs. I've ordered things (granted not daily like some apparently) - I get things 99% of the time with a couple days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Prime Now, the shows, the free reading, stc.
I watched a few TV shows, some movies, and documentaries to boot. I don't do Netflix, so even though that's better for streaming, I still got some solid entertainment out of it.

I buy very little stuff (usually once a year, and that's mainly only for Christmas), but do buy stuff for my parents when they request it. They figure I already have the membership and know how to order stuff online, so why not? I was perturbed by this, but is "the Costco effect" in motion... you buy a membership/subscription into something, and you feel like you need to spend more money to get the most out of it (which of course means more money to the business).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 02:33 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,743,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
And why should it bother everyone?
Words have meaning... and as such are the basis for commerce.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:41 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,048,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Words have meaning... and as such are the basis for commerce.
Yes, and Prime compensates people who do not get their shipment on time.

Old 11-26-2018, 04:42 AM

50,965 posts, read 36,657,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yes, and Prime compensates people who do not get their shipment on time.
Sorry, that is not the case as you can see from my transcript. If you hammer at them long enough and won't go away, they will offer you some sort of compensation. But there is no standard compensation that they offer when they do not meet their guarantee. They offered me nothing but an apology it till 3/4 of the way down the transcript despite my repeated question about what the guarantee is.

Old 11-26-2018, 05:47 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,127,534 times
Quote:
Sorry, that is not the case as you can see from my transcript. If you hammer at them long enough and won't go away, they will offer you some sort of compensation. But there is no standard compensation that they offer when they do not meet their guarantee. They offered me nothing but an apology it till 3/4 of the way down the transcript despite my repeated question about what the guarantee is.
Days later, you're still having a conniption...Heaven help you if I were running Amazon...They'd have to institutionalize you and make you wear a bib.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Days later, you're still having a conniption...Heaven help you if I were running Amazon...They'd have to institutionalize you and make you wear a bib.
Im not upset at all. I've spent probably over $100 on Amazon since my last post here. I'm just here correcting a brand new post on my thread that put forth incorrect information. How do you tell a "conniption" from a post that doesn't have caps or exclamation points, in any case? You're interpreting my tone through a faulty lens.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:04 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,258,879 times
Quote:

Key word there is "standard". Why should there be? Why should they compensate something received a day late the same as something received two weeks late? Why should they compensate a $25 order the same as a $250 order? What does the competition offer when their 2-day shipping is a bit late?

Old 11-26-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Key word there is "standard". Why should there be? Why should they compensate something received a day late the same as something received two weeks late? Why should they compensate a $25 order the same as a $250 order? What does the competition offer when their 2-day shipping is a bit late?
The competition doesn’t use the word guaranteed. If they did not use the word guaranteed I would not expect anything of them. But when you use a word like that it is supposed to mean something. There is a principle here. You can’t put it in your marketing just because. You’re using that word for a reason, because you know people think that it means you stand behind what you say. If you’re going to use that in order to gain customers then you should actually mean what you say. Again I recognize integrity has long gone out the window, but to me it’s still worth something.

Are use the word standard, because the post I was replying to seem to imply that there is some standard compensation provided to prime members when the guarantee is not met. That is obviously not the case as you can see.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:14 AM

6,488 posts, read 6,697,662 times
Quote:
I am actually quite charming and funny, yes. Yes, it bothers me they use the word guarantee and cannot tell me what that means in the context of Prime. Again I know integrity is out of fashion but principle matters to me. I’m actually more disturbed that it doesn’t bother everyone.
I agree with you. If Amazon says they guarantee something, yes that should mean something. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the per-policy compensation (although in this case, there does not appear to be a per-policy compensation behind their guarantee. I'm baffled that so many are attacking you for questioning this.)

It's like a lot of lunch places that later to the rushed, working crowd. Signs say "Get it in 10 minutes or it's free." I hope no one has to call corporate headquarters to get their money back.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:33 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,048,455 times
Quote:
Sorry, that is not the case as you can see from my transcript.
You were given $25. You were compensated for your late package.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products