Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 08:45 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I was shopping for a sewing machine, found one I liked on another site, so compared it from various vendors. Home Depot (!) had it for $200, another site for $150. Amazon had it for $120, but only for prime customers. Wal-Mart had it for $120 for everybody. Makes me think prime is a bit of a scam.

Interesting that it isn't Home Depot that you finger for a scam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Here's the link to the machine.
https://www.amazon.com/Janome-Crysta...Sewing+Machine

It says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com exclusively for Prime members."

It says that now, might change at any time. Non prime members can order from other vendors through Amazon, prices start at $142.

I see prime only offers like this occasionally, not every time I search.

But that is not Amazon offering one price for Prime members and another price for non-Prime. They are simply offering the product only for Prime members. Those other 3rd party sellers are not Amazon.

Even if it were, I'm not seeing the problem with a company offering better deals to their loyal members. Happens all the time, like Kroger offering 3 cents off per gallon for Plus members.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:40 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNewMe View Post
HOW should AMAZON be able to contact UPS drivers directly?? They don't answer to Amazon - they are not employed by them!

Best Amazon can do is rely on UPS-supplied updates... But there is no way they should be expected to contact third-party employees directly! (While, of course, UPS themselves can do that!)
You’re misunderstanding. It was delivered via Amazon Logistics, not UPS. I stated that in first post. Amazon Logistics is Amazons own delivery arm they began recently and are using more and more, in which THEY hire people to use their own cars and trucks to deliver for them, like Uber except they deliver packages not people and get paid per delivery. If Amazon hired them, Amazon should be able to call them and ask where they left my package.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:42 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,899,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
This doesn't even make any sense. The price would have been on the order page, and you would have confirmed the price you were paying before submitting your order. Your card doesn't get charged until the item is shipped, so if the item wasn't available, it would have never shipped, and you would have never been charged. Your order would have simply been canceled, no refund needed. If it did ship, your card would be charged whatever price you agreed to when you submitted your order.

Did you have Prime? What account were you canceling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have ordered hundreds of items off of Amazon. Never once have I been charged for something that they did not have "at that price". I have never even heard of such a thing.
Hey, guys, I'm just telling you what happened. No, I don't have Prime. Read the following and I rest my case.

Your AccountAmazon.com Message From Customer Service

Hello,

Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:
Initial Question: An order that I paid for was cancelled because you said "the seller set the price incorrectly". That is not my problem. The item was there, the price was posted and I paid the amount. So now why am I expected to pay more money because a vendor set the price wrong? The price would be honored in any store I went into.

04:33 PM PST Simar(Amazon): Hello, my name is Simar. I'm here to help you today.
I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. This usually doesn't happen.

Please don't worry I'll definitely help you.
Please help me with the order number.
04:34 PM PST Kelly Scott: Hang on, it won't copy for me.
04:35 PM PST Simar(Amazon): sure.
04:35 PM PST Kelly Scott: 112-0290129-5397839
04:35 PM PST Simar(Amazon): Thank you for the order number.
04:36 PM PST Kelly Scott: Here is a copy of the email I was sent.
Hello Kelly Scott,

We're writing to inform you that your order 112-0290129-5397839 from ricjenalf2012 has been canceled because the price for the item(s) was not set correctly by the seller. In most cases, you pay for items when they are shipped to you, so you won't be charged for items that are canceled.*

Please place your order again on Amazon at a later date. If you have any questions regarding the cancellation of this order, please contact the seller.

Sellers on Amazon strive to minimize canceled orders. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We've included your canceled order details below for reference.
Order Details
Order #112-0290129-5397839
Placed on Monday, February 2, 2015
04:36 PM PST Simar(Amazon):
Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?
04:36 PM PST Kelly Scott: Of course, thank you.
04:39 PM PST Simar(Amazon): Thank you for waiting.
04:40 PM PST Simar(Amazon): I've checked the details and would request you to please place the order for the first item in the below link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
04:41 PM PST Kelly Scott: At that price?
04:42 PM PST Simar(Amazon): I'll go ahead and issue the refund for the difference amount i.e $21 on the other order .
Price:$66
04:43 PM PST Simar(Amazon): would this be fine?
04:43 PM PST Kelly Scott: That would be wonderful, but can you wait for a moment while I check my card?
04:44 PM PST Simar(Amazon): sure.
04:45 PM PST Kelly Scott: OK, here's the problem. The money $54.99, has already been taken out of my account. All I have available on the card is $2.87.
04:46 PM PST Kelly Scott:
Actual Balance: $57.86
Available Balance: $2.87
Card Number: XXXX XXXX XXXX 5392
Expiration Date [MM/YY]: 05/15

Note: Your Available Balance may differ from your Actual Balance due to pending transactions that have not yet posted to your account.
Apparently, it's still reading as a pending item.
My card is a prepaid card - that means I have to add money to it.
04:47 PM PST Simar(Amazon): Please allow me a moment I'm checking it for you.
04:47 PM PST Kelly Scott: Thank you.
04:48 PM PST Kelly Scott: What I posted there is what is on my card page online.
04:49 PM PST Kelly Scott: Pending Transactions
Pending Transaction Details Transaction Date(M/D/Y) Merchant/Location Description Amount
02/02/2015 AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTS
AMZN.COM/BILL WA 98109 Purchase of Goods or Services -$54.99
04:49 PM PST Simar(Amazon): Please don't worry you'll surly see the amount back to your card within 2-3 business days.
04:49 PM PST Kelly Scott: That's fine. But in the meantime, I have no money left to repurchase the canisters.
04:50 PM PST Simar(Amazon): However when you receive the refund you can place the order for the item I'll leave the sufficient notes on your account for the refund of the difference amount.
04:50 PM PST Kelly Scott: Thank you. What happens if the $66 canisters are no longer there?
04:52 PM PST Simar(Amazon): you can place the order for the any lowest price available at that moment we will issue the refund of the difference amount as a one time exception
04:53 PM PST Kelly Scott: Thank you so much. Now, when I come back to buy the canisters, should I just do it as a regular transaction, or should I contact someone first?
04:53 PM PST Simar(Amazon): I request you to please make a note of my name as a reference to what we have discussed today moreover I will also leave sufficient notes on the account for future reference.
04:53 PM PST Kelly Scott: Thank you. I will do that.
04:53 PM PST Simar(Amazon): you're most welcome. you can do it as a regular transaction
04:54 PM PST Simar(Amazon): Please don't worry this issue will be sorted as soon as possible.
I've forwarded this experience of yours to the appropriate department on priority and they'll surely look into this and make things right so that it won't repeat
04:54 PM PST Kelly Scott: OK, then. And I will contact my card company and see if the charge can be taken off sooner.
04:55 PM PST Kelly Scott: And thank you so much for what you've done - I really appreciate it. I was so looking forward to getting those canisters.
04:55 PM PST Simar(Amazon): I am extremely sorry for the issue you have faced. I completely understand the situation and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have faced till now.
04:56 PM PST Kelly Scott: Of course. I was a little surprised - I know Items get cancelled when they're out of stock, but I had never heard of this happening before.
04:56 PM PST Simar(Amazon): you're most welcome.Is there anything else I can help you with?
04:56 PM PST Kelly Scott: Thank you again - you've been a big help.
No, I thinkt hat's it for now.
04:56 PM PST Simar(Amazon): I'll make sue that this issue is never repeated.
04:56 PM PST Kelly Scott: Thank you!
04:57 PM PST Simar(Amazon): You're most welcome. Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again. Have a splendid day ahead. Goodbye and take care.
04:57 PM PST Kelly Scott: You have a good day also.
04:57 PM PST Simar(Amazon): Please click the "End Chat" link to close this chat.
Thank you.
Amazon.com

Hello,

Initial Question: This is in reference to a chat I had with Simar on 2/2. First off, I had ordered and paid for an item that was then cancelled because the seller said the price was incorrectly listed. When I talked with Simar to complain, he told me that I could reorder the same item and Amazon would pick up the difference, However, the charge for the item was on my card as a pending item. Simar said that charge would drop off within 2 ti 3 days. It's now 4 days later and the charge is still on my card for a cancelled item. I would like to have the charge taken off so I can reorder the item. There are supposed to be notes on the account referring to our conversation.

06:00 PM PST Tallisia(Amazon): Hello, My name is Tallisia from Amazon.Com Chat support.
I will be happy to help.
May I have your name please?
06:00 PM PST Kelly Scott: My name is Kelly.
06:00 PM PST Tallisia(Amazon):

Thank you Kelly. Your email address is rodentraiser@yahoo.com, correct?
06:00 PM PST Kelly Scott: Yes.
06:01 PM PST Tallisia(Amazon): Thank you, allow me a moment to check on this for you.

06:01 PM PST Kelly Scott: OK.
06:05 PM PST Tallisia(Amazon): Thank you so much for your patience,I'm really sorry about the lengthy delay.

06:05 PM PST Kelly Scott: It's OK - it was a long chat with Simar
06:06 PM PST Tallisia(Amazon): I have checked and I am seeing that Simar did advise that the money will be available in 2-3 business days and I am really sorry that you are not seeing this as yet I am asking you kindle to bare with us until money to have this fixed. I am also seeing the promise he made to have you order the item for the same price the seller had offered it.
I really do apologize for the delay.
06:07 PM PST Kelly Scott: Thank you.
Is it possible to have the charge lifted today?
06:09 PM PST Tallisia(Amazon): I cannot promise that it will be lifted today however what I can do is to submit this to our billings team to see what they can do for you.
06:10 PM PST Kelly Scott: Do you have any expectation of when the money will be back on my card? I really would like to order the canisters.
06:11 PM PST Tallisia(Amazon): The money should be back on the card by the latest Monday
06:12 PM PST Kelly Scott: OK, I will check back if it is not on the card on Monday. Thank you.
06:12 PM PST Tallisia(Amazon):
You are most welcome.
Is there anything else I can help with?
06:12 PM PST Kelly Scott: No, that's it. You've been very helpful. Thank you.
06:13 PM PST Tallisia(Amazon): I am happy that I was able to help!
Thanks so much for contacting Amazon,
your agent today was Tallisia. Have a great night and wonderful week! We look forward to seeing you again soon. To close this window, please click the "end chat" link.
06:13 PM PST Kelly Scott: You have a good weekend too!
Thank you.
Amazon.com

Hello,

Initial Question: On the 2nd, I ordered a 4 piece canister set and paid for it with my card. I then received an email from Amazon saying that the order was cancelled because the seller set the incorrect price. I then contacted Amazon and spoke to Simar, who said I could buy the canisters and Amazon would cover the difference,. Unfortunately, the charge had already gone through on my card, so I had to wait until today when it dropped off before I could reorder any canisters.

Now I'm seeing that the same seller is offering the same canisters at the same price I originally bought them at. I would like the canisters, but I don't want to get another email saying the order was cancelled because these canisters are out of stock or the price was set incorrectly again.

11:25 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): Hello, my name is Ishant. I'm here to help you today.
11:26 AM PST Kelly Scott: Hi!
11:26 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): I am sorry fro the inconvenience caused to you .
May I have the order number please ?
11:27 AM PST Kelly Scott: Sure, hang on one second.
11:27 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): Okay take your time.
11:28 AM PST Kelly Scott: Order # 112-0290129-5397839
11:28 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): Thank you for the order number .
11:28 AM PST Kelly Scott: You're welcome.
11:29 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): I have checked that the order was cancelled
11:30 AM PST Kelly Scott: Yes, now I would like to buy the canisters again, but is there any guarantee this seller won't tell me that he set the price incorrectly again?
That's what happened the last time.
11:30 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): I am sorry for the last time .
11:31 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): If you will place a new order the seller will not set any price for the item again don't worry about it .
I assure you will not face any problem .
I hope you can understand.
11:32 AM PST Kelly Scott: OK, because here's his ad today with the same item:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
11:32 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): Okay wait let me check .
11:32 AM PST Kelly Scott: OK, thank you.
11:35 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): I'm sure it's disappointing that the seller was sent you an email that the price incorrect of this item . Now you are planning to purchase the item from the seller in same price . The price you see the lowest price we are able to offer at this time.
I assure you this time the seller will not cancelled the order .
Don't worry you will face any problem now and your item will not cancel .
11:36 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): I hope you can understand .
11:36 AM PST Kelly Scott: OK, well, I will go ahead and order the canisters again. If there is a problem, is there anyone I can speak to directly who can help me?
11:37 AM PST Kelly Scott: Besides just going on chat, that is?
11:38 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): You can contact us on chat or call us on :
- U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072
- International: 1-206-266-2992
11:38 AM PST Kelly Scott: Thank you. You've been very helpful.
11:38 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): You're most welcome Kelly .
Thank you fro the appriciation.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?
11:38 AM PST Kelly Scott: Have a good day then!
11:39 AM PST Kelly Scott: I think I've got everything I need.
11:39 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): Bye Kelly We look forward to seeing you again soon. To close this window, please click the "end chat" button with an X in the upper right corner of the window.
Have a good day .
Take Care.
Thank you.
Amazon.com

Hello,

Initial Question: WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE CANISTERS I'VE BEEN TRYING TO ORDER?

On Feb 2, I ordered canisters and the amount was taken out of my card. I then received an email from Amazon saying the order was cancelled because it had been priced incorrectly by the seller. So I got on chat with Simar who said I could still order the canisters and Amazon would make up the difference in price.

So after waiting 9 days for the charge to drop off my card, I got on chat last night with Ishant (?) and he/she ASSURED me there would be no problems in ordering the canisters again. So I ordered them again. I even asked what would happen if the canisters were out of stock and I was told there would be absolutely NO PROBLEM.
NOW I receive an email stating the order was cancelled AGAIN because the item is out of stock.

I would like to have the canisters, however, if I can't get them, I would like an immediate refund to my card and I will buy the canisters somewhere else. Please don't tell me you can't refund my c

03:33 PM PST Garima(Amazon): Hello my name is Garima, I will be happy to help you.
03:33 PM PST Kelly Scott: Garima, are you a supervisor?
03:33 PM PST Garima(Amazon): No Kelly , I am a representative .
03:34 PM PST Kelly Scott: Then please, get me a supervisor. I have talked to three different reps so far, and have gotten nowhere. Now it's time for a supervisor.
03:34 PM PST Garima(Amazon): Okay sure Kelly .
03:34 PM PST Kelly Scott: Thank you.
03:34 PM PST Garima(Amazon): Just a minute .
03:38 PM PST Alok(Amazon): Hello my name is Alok. I am a member of leadership team here at Amazon.com
03:39 PM PST Kelly Scott: Thank you. Maybe you can explain what's going on. I'm sorry if I get a little short here- right now I am absolutely furious and I don't want to take it out on you.\
03:40 PM PST Alok(Amazon): Are you referring to this item"
Tuscan Collection Deluxe Hand-Painted 4-Piece Kitchen Canister Set
03:41 PM PST Kelly Scott: Order # 111-8445318-5385868 Yes.
03:41 PM PST Alok(Amazon): Thanks a lot.
03:43 PM PST Alok(Amazon): I see the order is cancelled as the merchant were out with the inventory and you were not charged so if you wish you need to place the new order.
03:44 PM PST Kelly Scott: No, I can't place an order. The charge has already gone through on my card. If I can't get the canisters, then I would like an immediate refund of my card. And just so you can see, this is what I was told last night:
11:35 AM PST Ishant(Amazon): I'm sure it's disappointing that the seller was sent you an email that the price incorrect of this item . Now you are planning to purchase the item from the seller in same price . The price you see the lowest price we are able to offer at this time.
I assure you this time the seller will not cancelled the order .
03:45 PM PST Alok(Amazon): I am sorry as you need to wait for the refund to processed.
03:45 PM PST Kelly Scott:

Note: Your Available Balance may differ from your Actual Balance due to pending transactions that have not yet posted to your account.
Pending Transactions
Pending Transactions
Pending Transaction Details Transaction Date(M/D/Y) Merchant/Location Description Amount
02/10/2015 AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTS
03:45 PM PST Alok(Amazon): Please do not worry at all.
03:45 PM PST Kelly Scott: I'm not worried. I'm just angry.
03:46 PM PST Kelly Scott: I don't want to wait for the refund to be processed. I would like the canisters that I was told I would receive - TWICE! Are you aware of the what happened the first time I tried to order these canisters?
03:47 PM PST Kelly Scott: And have you read the notes on teh account?
03:47 PM PST Alok(Amazon): Yes I have.
03:47 PM PST Kelly Scott: It will take 8 more days for the refund to be processed. Thatis ridiculous.
03:48 PM PST Kelly Scott: I originally bought and paid for an item in good faith which was cancelled because the seller set the wrong price. When I reordered the item after being ASSURED by ine of your associates that the order would not be cancelled, it was cancelled. This is not right and it doesn't reflect well on Amazon at all.
03:49 PM PST Kelly Scott: *one of your associates
03:50 PM PST Alok(Amazon): I am really sorry for all the associate and Please place the new order if you wish and seeing the hassle I will issue a promotional certificate of $5 seeing you as one of our valuable customer of Amazon.
03:50 PM PST Kelly Scott: Why do you allow sellers to post items on Amazon they don't have? This is the second time this has happened to me.
03:51 PM PST Kelly Scott: HOW CAN I PLACE THE ORDER IF I DON"T HAVE THE MONEY TO ORDER IT? The charge for the last order is still on my card. I don't have the money to order this item a third time now.

Pending Transactions
Pending Transactions
02/10/2015 AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTS
03:52 PM PST Kelly Scott: $2.87 is all that is left on the card. I won't get paid again until the first.
03:52 PM PST Alok(Amazon): I assure you that you get refund within next few days so you need to wait.
03:52 PM PST Kelly Scott: I was told that last time - and it STILL took * DAYS to get the refund.
8 DAYS
03:53 PM PST Kelly Scott: I was told 2 to 3 days for a refund, then I was told Monday, and it was Wednesday until the refund appeared.
8 days!
03:56 PM PST Alok(Amazon): I am really sorry as you need to wait for refund to be processed.
03:57 PM PST Kelly Scott: No,actually there is no need for me to do that. Please cancel my account ASAP. I do not ever want to shop on Amazon again. I have had nothing but problems. I ordered a book - it was cancelled because it was out of stock. I ordered a keyboard and had to return it. I ordered a gift for my mother and I paid for it to be gift wrapped. It wasn't. Now I am trying to order these canisters and this is what I get.
03:58 PM PST Alok(Amazon): I am sorry to know the hassle you faced.
03:58 PM PST Kelly Scott: I plan to print out all the copies of these chat conversations and I will write a letter to your corporate office to let them know this is how things are handled at Amazon. Please, cancel my account. Thank you.
03:58 PM PST Alok(Amazon): I'm not able to close your Amazon.com account for you in chat, so I'm going to send you an e-mail with the information to close the account.
03:58 PM PST Kelly Scott: Thank you.
03:58 PM PST Alok(Amazon): I am once again sorry for all the hassle faced with Amazon.
03:59 PM PST Alok(Amazon): I would have reacted the same as you are reacting at this point of tim.
*time
Thank you.
Amazon.com

Amazon Seller Support <seller.service05@amazon.com>
To:rodentraiser@yahoo.com

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:31 AM

[LEFT] Greetings from Amazon Seller Support,

I was unable to locate any seller accounts using the e-mail address from which you've written, rodentraiser@yahoo.com.

To protect the security of your seller account, we only send account-specific details to an e-mail address associated with that account.

If you established your account using a different e-mail address, try signing in again using that e-mail address. If you have additional questions, contact Seller Support from within your seller account.

If you have forgotten your password, please click the "Forgot your password?" link on the seller account sign-in page and follow the instructions provided to create a new password. Your new password will be effective immediately.

Thank you for your understanding of our account security precautions.

Please let us know how we did.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?
[/LEFT]

Yes
No

[LEFT]
Thank you! [/LEFT]

Re: [Case 1347648671] Feedback to Amazon.com
Yahoo/quit amazon

Kelly Scott <rodentraiser@yahoo.com>
To:seller.service05@amazon.com

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:38 PM
If you had actually read what I had written, you would know I was NOT a seller. I was a buyer and everything in the remarks to you guys alluded to the problems I had BUYING anything from Amazon and successfully getting it. You'd have to be blind, deaf, dumb, and brain dead not to have inferred that. How inefficient can you guys get? Now, please, CLOSE MY ACCOUNT!

No, I am not shopping on Amazon again. What a nightmare.

Last edited by rodentraiser; 01-27-2019 at 09:54 AM..

Old 01-27-2019, 10:18 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,390,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
1. To be clear, it was NOT ME who did the ordering. It is Dh's account, he ordered for me.

He may have inadvertently clicked something that would invite Amazon to put a Prime charge on his account. I asked him but this was early December so he doesn't remember.

A co-worker of his uses Amazon frequently. According to him, just one wrong keystroke can get you something you don't want -- like a Prime account.

2. We never had Prime. DH MIGHT buy from Amazon once or twice in a year -- A Prime account would be flat out stupid.

3. The charge has been taken off his credit card, which --- he watches like a hawk so hopefully they don't put the charge back in, elst I will resurrect this thread and "go off on Amazon" again

4. The one good thing about Amazon is all the jobs they have brought to Tennessee.

For crying out loud, your husband or you, it doesn't matter. A purchase was made from your household. Call Amazon and find out what happened before you go off on them. Be courteous. **** happens.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:04 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,249,258 times
Quote:
Here's the link to the machine.
https://www.amazon.com/Janome-Crysta...Sewing+Machine

It says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com exclusively for Prime members."

It says that now, might change at any time. Non prime members can order from other vendors through Amazon, prices start at $142.

I see prime only offers like this occasionally, not every time I search.
It's that color exclusively and it's not being offered at one price for Prime members, it's just not being sold to non prime members period. Who cares anyway? Sometimes Amazon doesn't have what I want and I buy it from another retailer. For some items that would typically have an enormous shipping cost, prime is great.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:09 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
It's that color exclusively and it's not being offered at one price for Prime members, it's just not being sold to non prime members period. Who cares anyway? Sometimes Amazon doesn't have what I want and I buy it from another retailer. For some items that would typically have an enormous shipping cost, prime is great.
That’s a great point about the heavier items. I bought two full size exercise bikes from Amazon with free shipping.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Hey, guys, I'm just telling you what happened. No, I don't have Prime. Read the following and I rest my case.

Hello,

Initial Question: An order that I paid for was cancelled because you said "the seller set the price incorrectly". That is not my problem. The item was there, the price was posted and I paid the amount. So now why am I expected to pay more money because a vendor set the price wrong? The price would be honored in any store I went into.

Not reading anything further than that. 3rd party sellers are not Amazon. Amazon has no control over 3rd party sellers except to impose standards and ban sellers who don't abide by them. They do keep performance metrics on sellers and do ban sellers but they aren't going to do it for a single violation. Expecting Amazon to provide the product and price that a 3rd party seller offered and failed to do is like expecting your local newspaper to provide you a car at a price that a dealer advertised and failed to do. "Dang it, that XYZ Toyota didn't honor their misprinted price they advertised, I'm never gonna buy that ABC newspaper again!"

Old 01-27-2019, 12:49 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,767,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
"Dang it, that XYZ Toyota didn't honor their misprinted price they advertised, I'm never gonna buy that ABC newspaper again!"
And nearly ALL stores have policies, posted somewhere obscure, that they are not responsible for pricing errors. Stores sensitive to bad customer experiences will sometimes sell the item at the mismarked price, but they have absolutely not one single obligation to do so. It's no different for an Amazon seller.

I think there are many games going on with Amazon pricing, both corporate and third-party, but this specific case is nonsense. The seller listed a wrong price and preferred to take a ratings hit from an unhappy customer than lose money shipping a mispriced product. Cry me a river.

Old 01-27-2019, 01:00 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
DH has used Amazon off/on for a long time. I don't have an account so he used his to buy something I wanted.

A month or so later, along comes a charge of $14.99 or $15.99 (can't remember) on his credit card from Amazon.

So who does Amazon think they are to automatically charge for an Amazon Prime account that DH did NOT request.. And that's a monthly charge!

I will pay more money somewhere else before I ever use Amazon for anything again -- except toilet paper if that were possible
They are one of the richest companies in the world, it's founder and CEO Jeff Bezos is now the world richest man. Chance are they won't miss you. It just could have been a typo or oversight on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products