Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which store do you prefer?
Walmart 25 26.60%
Target 69 73.40%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:22 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,696,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
OK Hmm By map quest its 12.23 miles from Seattle To Renton and the new target is on the otherside of the lake from Seattle I guess its closer if your Boating lol . I used to live downtown seattle and there was no WalMarts convienant to downtown Seattle . Even the one in Renton was a chore to get to . Most of the time would take a bus to southcenter and transfer to a bus to Renton.Always took at least 45 minutse . Even driving alot of the time its over a half an hour with traffic . Thats why people in seattle usualy shop in Seattle.
I don't think there is a walmart in any city's downtown. I'm talking seattle city limits not downtown. Renton is only 2 or 3 miles away from Seattle city limits, and the walmart is about 3-4 miles. The target isnt on the other side of the lake, its just south of the lakes south shore, but its on the other side of the airport.

See how close Seattle city limits are to Renton?

I'm sure there are people who live in south seattle with cars who have been to that walmart or target. They aren't far at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,682,777 times
Theres a walmart in DT Long Beach,unfortunately.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,696,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
Theres a walmart in DT Long Beach,unfortunately.
really? is it urban? or is it a regular walmart with a parking lot infront in the downtown?

Old 10-09-2010, 09:39 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,682,777 times
It's in a mixed-use area kinda like the Orlando one,so I guess "urban"

Old 10-09-2010, 11:04 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
The surounding cities have walmarts just not in the city do they have urban walmarts ? Even seattles nieghborhood shopping centers are going vertical now. I would like to see a pic of a urban walmart like in a appartment building or several stores stacked on top of each other. I guess there is no space for one in seattle, then again the city of bellevue across the lake has none either. It might be a income thing also demographics is there WalMarts in other high income cities ?
The only WalMart within the City Limits of Atlanta is like this. It's part of a mixed use complex, with stores stacked above it.

The District @ Howell Mill | Selig Enterprises (http://www.seligenterprises.com/dbimages/district.html - broken link)

Old 10-09-2010, 11:14 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,826,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
The only WalMart within the City Limits of Atlanta is like this. It's part of a mixed use complex, with stores stacked above it.

The District @ Howell Mill | Selig Enterprises (http://www.seligenterprises.com/dbimages/district.html - broken link)
very nice walmart needs more urban stores I would like to see one in seattle like that.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:27 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,826,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I don't think there is a walmart in any city's downtown. I'm talking seattle city limits not downtown. Renton is only 2 or 3 miles away from Seattle city limits, and the walmart is about 3-4 miles. The target isnt on the other side of the lake, its just south of the lakes south shore, but its on the other side of the airport.

See how close Seattle city limits are to Renton?

I'm sure there are people who live in south seattle with cars who have been to that walmart or target. They aren't far at all.
I agree with you people in south Seattle and They might shop there. But since south of Downtown seattle is Seattle's industrial area and low density housing the majority of people who live in seattle live in downtown and north of downtown wich is 13 miles or more to renton . And most people would not drive the long distance to WalMart when theres target's that are close.At least all the friends and family I had living in west seattle and downtown or ballard would never drive to walmart in renton. Think about it Ballard is one of seattle most dense nieghborhoods and would take a half hour at minimum to renton.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:34 PM

133 posts, read 173,854 times
I saw one of those Walmart Neighborhood markets while in Dallas and I wondered how they differed from regular Walmart stores. Are they grocery only stores?

Old 09-12-2011, 01:43 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
Walmart's mostly cheaper then Target and it has EVERYTHING! Must be why Walmart's crowds are twice as big as Target.
Do you mean the people who shop at Wal Mart are twice as big?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:38 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
Walmart vs Target....Target.

Super Walmart Vs Super Target....SUPER WALMART..by a mile.

When I was living in Denver, I just loved the fact that There were Walmarts, super walmarts, Targets & supertargets so close in proximity. They're both pretty great, but over all, i have to go with walmart...i don't see how Target has such a heavy lead in the pool..guess its just opinion though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products