Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:21 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times

Advertisements

Man I missed both goals :S That sucks. My prediction was right, Barca are still the premiere team in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 06:41 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,972,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
No, it's not up there with Zidane's volley, Ronaldo's goal against Porto, and Balotelli's freekick. It was a great goal though. Credit where credit is due....
Personally I found Messi's goal superior to both Balotelli's and Ronaldo's. I mean, dribbling 5, 6 players (of a squad called Real Madrid) and then slipping the ball past one of the best keepers in the world: wow . Especially the control he retained over the ball while cutting through the Madrid defense. I thought it was genuinely brilliant.

Anyway, I'm happy Mourinho lost. I despise the way he let Real Madrid play: like a bunch of cowards waiting for Barcelona to lose the ball and then trying to counter-attack. I mean, what was the percentage of ball possession? 30 - 70?
And then of course he starts whining about a very just red card for that butcher Pepe (I truly despise that poor excuse for a football player) and about the whole world being against Real Madrid and blablablah.

I find it a shame that Real had to play like that, in their own stadium.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:15 AM

921 posts, read 1,095,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
Because Schalke are not a big team and do not have the players. They had to have someone on Carrick, Giggs and Rooney. Hard job but these 3 players killed them. Add Hernandez and Valencia to this. And maybe Park.
That doesn't make Schalke bad team.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 AM

643 posts, read 1,123,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
That doesn't make Schalke bad team.
They are 10th and have lost more games than they have won. Are you trying to tell me they are a good team?

Old 04-28-2011, 08:50 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
They are a good team who are obviously playing above their level in the Champions League to get as far as they did. They are not a great team but have done well to get where they are.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:49 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times
doesn't really matter, you can only beat what's in front of you can you, and united have been playing really great football lately, and if 1 team can beat barca in the world at the moment, it has to be man united in my opinion

Old 04-28-2011, 08:55 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,865 times
Did the level of play acting, stalling and generally bad behavior between the sides really increase during the second half? That's kinda the gist I got from the announcers, but as a noob I am a little hesitant to always call someone out when they go to the ground.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
it settled a bit at times. I don't think Pepe's red card was a good call...but I would have red carded Adebayor for the slam to the face...that was just a cheap shot...but then again I think he's a cheap shot sort of player.

I think Barca is a stellar team, and I think no matter what theatrics we can point to in that game, they were far superior on the attack and possession game. But I was disappointed at how much they flopped in that game. They looked like an Italian team at times to me.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:46 AM

643 posts, read 1,123,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
it settled a bit at times. I don't think Pepe's red card was a good call...but I would have red carded Adebayor for the slam to the face...that was just a cheap shot...but then again I think he's a cheap shot sort of player.

I think Barca is a stellar team, and I think no matter what theatrics we can point to in that game, they were far superior on the attack and possession game. But I was disappointed at how much they flopped in that game. They looked like an Italian team at times to me.
That's just Spanish football know. The wind blows and it knocks them down.
Dani Alves in the worst IMO. He goes in hard then flops when someone comes near him. That's Spanish football nowadays. I hope the EPL and British football for that matter doesn't go like that!

Old 04-29-2011, 06:19 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times
majestic, skillful, fast, neat finnish, oh it was a beauty!

YouTube - Messi's Amazing Goal - Real Madrid Vs Barcelona 0-2 - 27/04/2011 [UCL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer