Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:41 PM

81 posts, read 191,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
And in Minnesota we get ribbed for 'Ice Fishing".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 02:10 PM

96 posts, read 374,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
Stone County , MO. was home of the "Yocum Dollar", a silver coin almost exactly like the American Dollar, but with .4 g more silver! Named after one of Stone counties founding fathers, It was used in the early 1800's as LEGAL tender, and is responsible for our local Theme Parks' name...Silver Dollar City!http://bestsmileys.com/cowboy1/11.gif (broken link)
This story, and more....

The History of Stone County, Missouri

This is fun! Haven't found any "Bigfoot" type stories, but there are MANY ghostie kinda stories!! I'll keep diggin'!!http://bestsmileys.com/working/4.gif (broken link)

Ooo..thanks! Ghost stories?? I'm listening

Old 02-06-2008, 04:08 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,816 times
Default Ghosts?

I'm not in Mo yet and live in NW Ark and have ghosts in my house, does that count?

Old 02-06-2008, 07:33 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,471,659 times
This has been adressed before, but for those who are new to this forum I'll post it again:

The Hornet Spooklight, in the Tri-State Area

Old 02-06-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
This has been adressed before, but for those who are new to this forum I'll post it again:

I"ve never seen it.. but hubby says it has, several times

Old 02-10-2008, 04:46 PM

96 posts, read 374,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdslady View Post
I'm not in Mo yet and live in NW Ark and have ghosts in my house, does that count?
Yes that is very interesting. How long have you lived in this house, if you don't mind my asking? What kind of haunting is it? Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post

Very interesting! Thanks

Old 02-12-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onjicamnden View Post
Yes that is very interesting. How long have you lived in this house, if you don't mind my asking? What kind of haunting is it? Thanks for sharing!
Well it seems there is more than one. Even one of our grandsons have seen them. They seem to "live" at the end of the hallway by the back bedrooms. Just visions of them. My g-son who was about 2 or 3 at the time would look down the hallway and tell his mom, "they are looking at me again". When my Mom passed away he had not been born yet and he id'd one of them as my Mom, also the same with my father-in-law. We would ask him who it was and he would walk over and pick up their picture and point them out. There is also one small child we can't figure out.............

Old 02-13-2008, 11:28 AM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
Default Here's another Cool/HOT story!

I find that VERY interesting! A couple years ago, I met a man, here, who asked me "Who is that little lady with you?" As I was with my DH, I kinda looked around and said "Huh?" He proceeded to describe what "she" looked like and it was an exact description of my maternal Grandmother!! To a "T"!!! And he told me that she had taken on the role of my "Guardian Angel"!!
I had "felt" and suspected that "Granny" was with me, at several times in my life, but I didn't know anyone could actually see her!

Here's some more news of the weird....
Last Tuesday, I was at work when I had an overwhelming feeling that I should go home. I had burned a stump out in my backyard, the day before and it was weighing on my mind. I did go home, didn't see anything out of the ordinary.... I went out and walked around the stump, and it "seemed" to be OUT! No smoke at all. I went in and about 10 minutes later, my neighbor came to the door and said that MY BACKYARD WAS ON FIRE!!!!!! I ran out and it had already burned all the way from the stump to my back door and caught a plant table on fire, as well!! Probably a patch approximately 50' wide and 75' long, of dry grass was burning!!! I burned the hair off my hand and arm turning on the waterhose! But, it only took a minute to put out! Had I not been home, NO ONE would have come in my backyard to put out the fire, because of my BIG dogs! No telling what might have happened!

There have actually been a couple other incidents where I had a "feeling" that turned out to warranted! (We were going to spend the night at a friends house one night, but after we layed down, I sat up and said, we have to go home! We did, and when we walked in the house, my bedroom window was open and the curtain was blowing in the breeze, but no one was in the house! We surprized them and nothing was taken! do do do do...do do do do...Twilite Zone stuff!

I could be psychic, or maybe psychotic! Or BOTH!!

Old 02-13-2008, 01:22 PM

That sounds alot like my dh.. he has ESP and it bugs the crap outta me !!!

Old 02-13-2008, 02:46 PM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
They say that us girls should listen harder to our intuition. We don't get these "feelings" for nothing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area