Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2007, 12:18 PM

4 posts, read 10,366 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I am french student who will be at the Missouri State University for one year.

I would like to have your opinion on that university and see what to do in missouri. I plan to move accross all the USA later.

And about the weather how many sunny day you get in a year, roughly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 03:33 PM

339 posts, read 1,424,433 times
Missouri State is a very good school and Springfield is a great city.

As for what to do in Missouri, that depends on what you are interested in and how much money you want to spend. I enjoy outdoor activities here - hunting, fishing, hiking, shooting sports, boating, canoeing, etc. If you can go to a St. Louis Cardinals Baseball Game or a Kansas City Chiefs football game you will get to see American sporting events at their best (and craziest). You should go to Branson for a show and shopping at the Branson Landing. There are many good golf courses all over the State.

You should try some of Springfield's fine dining places so you can tell the folks back home that not all American food is inferior to French food. You should go to the Brown Derby International Wine Center to find good fromage when you start missing that. Give me more specific examples of what you are interested in and I will try to come up with others.

The weather is always changing. We have about 50% sunny days in Winter, about 70% sunny days in Summer and about 60% sunny days in Spring and Fall.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:15 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,054 times
Fantastic Caverns is pretty cool as well....

Old 04-06-2007, 03:07 AM

Thanks for your answer.

It is not my first time in the USA, 2 year ago I did a road trip through NYC to LA (NYC, Washington, Atlanta, Montgomery, New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio (such a beautiful city!!!), El Paso, Albuquerque (strange city), Great Canyon, Monument Valley, Las Vegas, Death Valley and finally LA) during one months and I spent 3 weeks in Miami and 3 in San Francisco.

I've heard about a factory store (factory outlet?) in Branson, very interested in POLO Ralph Lauren...

I'd like to have more information about the student life in the city, pubs, bars and nightclubs.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:37 AM

There are several factory outlet malls in Branson and at the Lake of the Ozarks in Osage Beach. My experience has been mixed with these stores. Some of them occasionally have really good deals. However, many of them are no better than department store prices much of the time.

It sounds like you have seen more of the USA that most Americans. If you haven't spent much time in smaller towns, you are missing much of what America is.

Try to catch some of the small town festivals or community events. A pot luck supper or fish fry or pig roast with pitching horseshoes and kids running in the yard is hard to beat. A 4th of July pool party followed by Bar-B-Q and a fireworks show put on by friends and neighbors is in the same vein. State or County Fairs are another thought. Octoberfest in Herman in the Fall...

Old 04-06-2007, 02:21 PM

Thanks for your answer.

A Ralph Laurent Polo for 33USD is a good deal for you?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:41 PM

It's been awhile since I've bought any Polos. I mostly buy dress shirts these days. And I haven't been to an outlet store in years.

I do consistently find good deals on Ralph Lauren at Kohl's department store in Springfield. I own several of the Chaps dress shirts and ties and a suit or two with that label.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:48 PM

Hi!

I bought 2 months ago at Tanger in Branson some RL Polo and I am happy with them.

It's been 5 months and I can't find any couscous restaurant (Maghreb, Morocco, Algeria...)...Is there any in the area except St Louis?

Thank you

Old 12-12-2007, 09:47 PM

32 posts, read 105,051 times
I am a Missouri State Student and I love the university! They are great when working with international students! I think you will really like it and the people here are so nice!! Good Luck with the weather it varies so much! Good Luck with all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area