Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 07:15 AM

21 posts, read 53,047 times

Advertisements

My wife and daughter are heading out to St. George to check out the schools. My daughter is a straight A student and very involved with athletics (basketball, Volleyball, golf, Track).

We are very likely to move for a job transfer as my company has a very good customer that needs our services so work is not an issue. Besides schools, are there many condos or duplexes for rent? We will likely rent for at least the first year.

Everything I find online says St. George is very nice and friendly. (even if you are not mormon). What areas should we avoid for living in and what schools have bad reputations? My daughter will be in 8th grade this fall.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 06:19 PM

22 posts, read 49,439 times
The Dixie Downs area is notably the "bad" part of town. Bloomington Hills area is good with Desert Hills Middle/High School. Washington Fields area is good as well with Pineview Middle/High School. Both are very sports involved. Snow Canyon also has a very active sports program, however, I have had little interaction with that area.

If your interested, I could swing by and pick up some literature for you from both schools and send it over. Feel free to contact me with a Direct message and we can get it to you. When you planning on coming out? School gets out May 23.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:40 AM

86 posts, read 223,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFlinger View Post
The Dixie Downs area is notably the "bad" part of town. Bloomington Hills area is good with Desert Hills Middle/High School. Washington Fields area is good as well with Pineview Middle/High School. Both are very sports involved. Snow Canyon also has a very active sports program, however, I have had little interaction with that area.

If your interested, I could swing by and pick up some literature for you from both schools and send it over. Feel free to contact me with a Direct message and we can get it to you. When you planning on coming out? School gets out May 23.
Schools get out MAY 23RD!

LOL

School is out here June 11.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM

My mistake.....May 25th

Old 05-10-2011, 09:27 PM

No problem they are out there looking now!

Old 05-13-2011, 03:21 PM

Default St. George Schools

My wife and daughter had a good day looking at all the schools! My wife really likes the St George area time to put the house up forsale here in Wisconsin. I will likely take a 70,000 dollar hit but life goes on. Hope to be in St George before fall school opens!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 AM

BRAVO!!!!! Welcome (albeit a tad early). Make sure you let us know when you plan on getting here. Im sure we can line up some help unpacking you guys.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:43 AM

249 posts, read 649,991 times
Default Any pics ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmovingfromgreenbay View Post
My wife and daughter had a good day looking at all the schools! My wife really likes the St George area time to put the house up forsale here in Wisconsin. I will likely take a 70,000 dollar hit but life goes on. Hope to be in St George before fall school opens!
we are curios about St. George as well... can you tell me about your wife's trip and what she thought? did you guys take any pics? were the people super friendly?
Thanks

Old 05-17-2011, 12:39 PM

I will let you know when we are coming out and thanks for the offer to help unpack I will stay in contact!!!!!

Second question was yes lots of pictures, very very pretty compared to Green Bay Appleton Wisconsin areas. Schools are way newer and have way more electives for the children. Everyone one they met was very nice from the kids in the schools to the local gas attendant and so on. One person said the LDS is a bit to get used to as far as like family nights and make sure you know the LDS schedule before you schedule a function or get together. Mostly all 100% positive feed back. My wife and Daughter talked to several business owners and all good feed back there also. As far as Dixie downs being the "bad" part of town LOL come up to Milwaukee or Bad parts of Madison> Wife said, the "bad" parts are way nicer than GB or Appleton's "bad" parts of town and we would walk down those streets alone at night. She said its more like the"bad parts" of Beaver Dam LOL!

I have several things to do before I can get out to Utah but get this! My daughter 13 said lets go already and she has tons of friends and plays on several club sports teams and she can't stop thinking about going. Last night she showed me several pictures of homes she found on the INTERNET!

Last edited by MSmovingfromgreenbay; 05-17-2011 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: LDS was changed to LEDS

Old 05-18-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
As far as Dixie downs being the "bad" part of town LOL come up to Milwaukee or Bad parts of Madison> Wife said, the "bad" parts are way nicer than GB or Appleton's "bad" parts of town and we would walk down those streets alone at night. She said its more like the"bad parts" of Beaver Dam LOL!
I know what you mean. When they told me that I laughed. I worked in West Valley City (outskirts of Salt Lake City) and my wife worked in downtown Ogden. I guess its all relative to what your use to. Dixie Downs is "bad" compared to other areas. However, I would have no problem walking there at night. They do have known gang members over there and most of the drug issues stem from that area. Those problems exist in other areas but seem to be more predominant there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George