Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 02:25 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,012,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Nah, I like to meet different kinds of people.
Meet versus live by...you are a bit slippery with the language you choose.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:18 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,012,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bidwill View Post
The most annoying thing I discovered in St. Louis are people like MUTGR, STL2006, STL74, Fishtacos, MtjinMemphis, FrankMiller and other aesthetically blind sycophants that swear up and down that STL/St. Chuckles is the end all to be all.
St. Louis, Detroit and Newark are the fastest-fading crudholes in the USA. And one can easily attribute the failure to a lack of interest or concern by their low-wage, unhealthy-living denizens.
Never claimed St. Louis/St. Charles was the "end all to be all."

You start with a lie, so whatever point you are trying to make fails miserably.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:25 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,481 times
Quote:
The most annoying thing I discovered in St. Louis are people like MUTGR, STL2006, STL74, Fishtacos, MtjinMemphis, FrankMiller and other aesthetically blind sycophants that swear up and down that STL/St. Chuckles is the end all to be all.
St. Louis, Detroit and Newark are the fastest-fading crudholes in the USA. And one can easily attribute the failure to a lack of interest or concern by their low-wage, unhealthy-living denizens.
I love you too.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:27 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,801,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Never claimed St. Louis/St. Charles was the "end all to be all."

You start with a lie, so whatever point you are trying to make fails miserably.
Plus 1. Lots of first post trolls on this board.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:41 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,068,883 times
Quote:
Ugh man...ruined my day. Just hurtful stuff. Like "next level 3rd ground playground at recess" hurtful stuff.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:01 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,084,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Whenever you are the first one to arrive at a red light always honk your horn in case the ones behind you aren't paying attention.

I think I will start doing this when I am the first one on the red light, and the light turns green.
This will help the driver behind me to wake up! And hopefully rest of drivers in line will raise their buried heads from their smart phones.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:12 AM

10,019 posts, read 8,624,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I think I will start doing this when I am the first one on the red light, and the light turns green.
This will help the driver behind me to wake up! And hopefully rest of drivers in line will raise their buried heads from their smart phones.
Not only at red lights but I notice a lot of times when I'm driving I see a car coming from the other direction and they're veering off into my lane because they are looking at their phone. I give them a blast with my horn and they start paying attention.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:20 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Not only at red lights but I notice a lot of times when I'm driving I see a car coming from the other direction and they're veering off into my lane because they are looking at their phone. I give them a blast with my horn and they start paying attention.
Unless they're THAT CLOSE to catching a Pokemon, in which case you'll never get their attention.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:36 AM

159 posts, read 204,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
lol.. I have a feeling that if we move to STL we'll be around for a while before the weird/annoying thing we notice is people randomly honking their horns at red lights I've created a monster!

Do people really not pay this much attention when approaching an intersection? I usually gradually slow down a little ahead of time and stop a bit short of the line until someone else is stopped behind us, that way if someone rear-ends us it doesn't push us all the way into the intersection, and it gives a little room to 'cushion' a rear-end collision by the 5-10mph we're still moving on approach. Honking seems like a bad idea as it could cause distractions and miscommunications of all sorts. Hopefully the rear ending and not paying attention isn't a massive issue there!

Old 08-30-2016, 02:37 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx233 View Post
. Hopefully the rear ending and not paying attention isn't a massive issue there!
Some people are just paranoid. The one and only time I was rear ended was about 13 years ago, and considering it was a little old lady I doubt it was because she was distracted by her phone. I don't think traffic accidents are more of any issue here then elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis