Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander;12843662[B
]This is an air cargo hub so lets brain storm here on what products would likely be shipped back and forth. This will not be trinkets and trash[/b]. Remember, these products will likely be parishable, very expensive, and light weight.

Here are some no brainers or products already defined. Chicken, beef, pork, flowers, produce, electronics, pharmacuticals

Hookers, dynamite, egg rolls, firecrackers, dragons, finger traps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 05:58 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr perfect is back View Post
Hookers, dynamite, egg rolls, firecrackers, dragons, finger traps.
don't forget plastic vomit and fake dog turds

I have a friend that flies the cargo routes between the US and China and we mock him about this, but most of it is contract delivery work for UPS and international postal organizations.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:13 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,871,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I try to slam this area out of its sence of complacency and mediocrity.

I live here too. Do you think I want to live in an area that many consider a backwater armpit?

Here is the thing I find humorous about Dinsdale, you come on here with a huge chip on your shoulder because you have lived in Cali and NY. Guess what, so have a lot of other people. You cannot move to the midwest expecting it to be anything like southern California. Two of my good friends moved here from California, one from San Diego and the other from San Francisco. They love it here! They also live in a CITY neighborhood, which is progressive, diverse, active and friendly. They did NOT move here expecting it to be California. My neighbor directly behind my house, grew up in Manhattan and moved here 10 years go attend Wash U law and ended up staying. She is one of STL's biggest cheerleaders and very active in the STL metro parents scene. Again, she takes STL for what it is, and doesn't try to compare it to NYC.
I went to dinner a few months ago with about 12 neighbors. People were from all over: Montreal, Albuquerque, Chicago, Atlanta, New York, San Diego, New Jersey, Austin and Columbus. We were all chatting about all the cool stuff to do and how they loved living here. Again, living in the city is very different from the burbs. I wonder if you would feel the same if you had settled in the West End.
You take every chance to slam STL on any board you can find. It's really sad and I can't imagine living with the animosity that you do. There is a difference in being constructive and just downright callous. You complain that no one in STL wants to do business with you? If you are half as condescending and rude in real life as you are on these boards, no wonder no one will work with you.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:23 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,871,087 times
On a lighter note:
Tree carved into giant penis upsetting neighbors | ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO

Old 02-12-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcitygirl View Post
...said Susan Wood... Too Funny

Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 PM

31 posts, read 102,337 times
I'm getting so tired of seeing all these threads about St.Louis from some Jesus freak,who sees St.Louis "once or twice a year. "

You live down state, and don't contribute in any way to the city, either move here and contribute or shut up.

Your a tourist,period, yet you chime in and **** off so many people. I'am not the first person to call you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post

Old 02-17-2010, 06:35 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,886,287 times
Hey Showme314 lay off STLCardsBlues...she is a huge STL booster on here and other forums. Her "there's a shocker" comment has more to do with ABInBev's lack of support for the area than with a negative commentary on St. Louis.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:33 AM

165 posts, read 451,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
Hey Showme314 lay off STLCardsBlues...she is a huge STL booster on here and other forums. Her "there's a shocker" comment has more to do with ABInBev's lack of support for the area than with a negative commentary on St. Louis.
I agree. She's contributed much both here and at the UrbanStl forum and I appreciate her insight and knowledge about the City, especially for one so young.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:05 AM

5,812 posts, read 18,825,170 times
Thanks, guys.

My main point was that when InBev bought Anheuser-Busch, I was afraid that they would move jobs out of the city. Granted, this is just moving some executives to New York. The factory is still running. However, I don't trust InBev. Moving the executives to New York seems like the start of moving other works out of St. Louis.

I try to be helpful on this forum, but I am not perfect. You can probably find some posts of mine that are not my best moment. However, I don't think I did anything wrong in this thread.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:27 AM

Its a huge brewery, and it will stay, along with the brewing jobs. The workers will just have to work harder.

But it will also be a "contract brewer" for InBev's other brands. Al their brands will essentially taste the same. The difference will be in Bottle Color and label.

I'm sticking with Sam Adams and Schlafly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis