Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 12:47 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,866,576 times

Advertisements

Onondaga County Legislature approves 25-year PILOT for Township 5 development:

Onondaga County legislators give thumbs up -- way up -- to Township 5 project | syracuse.com

"The Onondaga County Legislature today unanimously – and enthusiastically -- approved a 25-year payment in lieu of taxes for the proposed Township 5 development in Camillus. Legislators predicted the deal also will be embraced by a school district and a development agency that have yet to vote."

After the Destiny controversy with its 30 year PILOT, I would think that local leaders (city or county) would be reluctant approve a 25 year PILOT. I could be wrong, but my gut tells me that the "unanimous" and "enthusiastic" support by the legislature was a slap at the City. I think they were trying to show they are more business friendly or something.

I am not impressed with the design as it departs from the lifestyle concept originally proposed. Without knowing all the details, the PILOT sounds like a good deal.

Btw, aren't the founders of Cameron Group former Pyramid employees?

Last edited by urbanplanner; 04-03-2013 at 01:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 06:23 PM

93,356 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Manlius Pebble Hill to construct new $2.8 million learning center | syracuse.com

Old 04-08-2013, 10:38 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,990 times
Syracuse featured prominently in trade publication:

Onondaga County's "Save the Rain" stormwater management plan and its positive impact on Syracuse was the subject of a recent article in WaterWorld:

Worked Up Wringing the Jobs out of Water - WaterWorld

Old 04-08-2013, 11:08 AM

84 posts, read 124,955 times
Interesting presentation I dug up about the development of the Sibley Building downtown. It was done up by Steve Case who apparently works for Paramount Realty, the company who purchased the building and developmed the Dey's Plaza building across the street.

prezi.com

If you click through the slides it will eventually lead to some mock-ups of the Sibley building. It looks fantastic and apparently includes a market (although Dey's was also suppose to include a market at one point and that never happened). If this is the finished product it would do wonders for that intersection.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
Syracuse featured prominently in trade publication:

Onondaga County's "Save the Rain" stormwater management plan and its positive impact on Syracuse was the subject of a recent article in WaterWorld:

Worked Up Wringing the Jobs out of Water - WaterWorld
Nice article and I hope the area could capitalize off of the potential job growth that could benefit the area.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,990 times
Infill residential development planned on Park Avenue

According to the website of CNY Affordable Realty, the real estate brokerage arm of Home Headquarters, several single family residences will be constructed on vacant lots along the 800 block of Park Avenue which is located on Syracuse's West Side near Auto Row and downtown.

832 Park Avenue - CNY Affordable Realty Inc.

In addition to 832 Park Avenue, Home Headquarters plans to build new homes on 820 and 826 Park Avenue
Our Listings - CNY Affordable Realty Inc.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
Infill residential development planned on Park Avenue

According to the website of CNY Affordable Realty, the real estate brokerage arm of Home Headquarters, several single family residences will be constructed on vacant lots along the 800 block of Park Avenue which is located on Syracuse's West Side near Auto Row and downtown.

832 Park Avenue - CNY Affordable Realty Inc.

In addition to 832 Park Avenue, Home Headquarters plans to build new homes on 820 and 826 Park Avenue
Our Listings - CNY Affordable Realty Inc.
I think those residences could appeal to a mix of working people, including young professionals due to the location.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:47 AM

CNYBJ

Old 04-10-2013, 03:18 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,866,576 times
Here are a couple interesting articles on (NYS) tax incentives, particularly for retail..

New prohibition against tax breaks for retail projects easy to get around:

New prohibition against tax breaks for retail projects easy to get around | syracuse.com

Three Central New York development agencies among biggest givers of tax exemptions in state:

Three Central New York development agencies among biggest givers of tax exemptions in state | syracuse.com

Last edited by urbanplanner; 04-10-2013 at 03:26 PM..

Old 04-10-2013, 04:30 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,271,611 times
I don't know a lot about that Mayor lady but in a way I feel kinda sorry for her. She opposed that Destiny train wreck and now she's in charge of a broke city that's made broke in part by a give away she opposed.

Didn't she say about two years ago syracuse would be bankrupt in three years??

Ill go on record as being against these give away programs but if they are gonna do it at least get some manufacturing jobs where a good bit of the money stays local. As it is all Syracuse got was a bunch of chain stores that send the money out of state.

I guess I also gotta say it sounds like that Township 5 is doing it right.

Syracuse got plowed hard on that mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area