Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:26 AM

4 posts, read 17,589 times

Advertisements

Please join the hancock group on facebook. We are having great times there sharing memories and sounds like you have some to share. Thats too bad about Halloween that was one of our favorite memories back then. Check it out!!
Hancock Field, Syracuse, NY Kids | Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 06:28 AM

Link to the group page on facebook for Hancock. Please join us!!

Well then your family The Hunt's " has been named as one who is remebered. So please join our hancock group on facebook.

Hey its Rusty Goodman, I know you remember me... So would this be Joey or Jimmy Kacer? Either way join us on facebook for our Hancock group. Having fun sharing!!

Last edited by bellafinzi; 05-14-2009 at 03:55 PM..

Old 05-16-2009, 07:50 PM

4 posts, read 13,785 times
My father was stationed there from 68-71. We lived at 312 Montauk. My name is David Terry. Went to Smith Road Elementary and Bessie Riordan. Played Little League. Built forts in the woods. Rang doorbells and then would run off. Tons of memories.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,136 times
Default We were stationed at Hancock around 1968

If I remember correctly, we lived at 323 Barrington Circle. I remember as a child chasing my dog across the drainage creeks that ran behind the housing. We also used to love riding our bicycles behind the mosquitoe fogger truck. Of course we were too ignorant to know that it wasn't good for you to breathe that stuff that they were spraying. One time my brother left the windows open, only to find his goldfish dead the next day from the spraying.....Oh well, 40 years later, still alive......

Old 06-04-2009, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 8,022 times
Wink Hancock Field

Hi: My name is Alice. I lived at 300 Barrington Circle from late 1967 - April 1971. Really enjoyed reading posts from people that lived at Hancock AFB. My dad worked at the SAGE Building and my mom worked at the Admin building, then later the garage(?) area where they stored/repaired vehicles. Sure brought back a lot of nice memories but a few sad ones too. Going out trick-or-treating on Halloween, walking down to the BX, watching movies at the old theatre. I remember the first ice skating rink over near the generals' housing (can't remember the name of the road). It was torn up around 1970 because the winter of 1970 - 71 kids had to ice skate on the long ditch/creek between Montaulk and Barrington. I broke my leg that winter on that ditch/creek. Also remember going to Smith Road Elementary school - can only remember two teachers - Mrs Rhone and Mrs Smith. Fifth grade at Riordan - my teacher was Mrs Stroman. She later taught reading at Gillette Road MS.
Anyone remember sneaking off base to a field to the east of the base to get some of the wild strawberries? Oh it's been remembering!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:31 PM

4 posts, read 13,785 times
[SIZE=2]Alicelth - yep to the wild strawberries. I was at Smith Road in the second grade (Ms Zona), third grade (Ms Columbus). Went to Riordan in fourth (Mrs. MCarthy) and half of 5th (Mrs. Williams). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Sam's Place Pizza just off base was great with big square slices![/SIZE]

Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 AM

125 posts, read 433,618 times
I don't remember the strawberries, but I remember going over to where you are talking about and getting in trouble by the owner of the land...
You guys shouldjoin our facebook group...lots of pics, lots of good memories

Old 07-15-2009, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,939 times
Default looking for facebook link

Just found this link--I am trying to connect with some of the kids there in 1973-1975. Anyone know the facebook link? Susan Adams was my name back then...

Old 07-16-2009, 06:16 AM

Susan here is the link to our fb group. Lots of people on there from 73-75.
Rusty Goodman Gregory

Old 07-19-2009, 06:21 PM

2 posts, read 8,022 times
I knew Dorothea Valahos and her brother Tommy. My mom was friends with her mother (both being Japanese). Sorry don't know how to get a hold of her but maybe my mother has kept in touch with her mother. I'll try to find out. I think he's in Louisiana, married with kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area