Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 03:28 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,178,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
To me the food sucks here, just chain restraunts like outback that people think is the best place around for a steak. I must be spoiled living in Chicago with the many restraunts there. You can get any type of food there. Pizza is great Italian beef sandwiches, Chicago dogs., abd some good delies not like NY has. Down here not so much. There is no comparison I guess just look at the size of Chicago compared to st. Pete and Tampa.
Outback is a Fortune 500 company. They must be doing something right to get 'best steak' from Zagat's.

Food is a subjective matter like everything else.
There's great seafood in TB, better than Chicago but I don't see you writing about that. Chicago pizza is lasagna or something similar and they call it pizza(??)

Maybe your perception of things sucks too? Move back to Chicago if you don't like it here.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:13 PM

734 posts, read 921,499 times
You want a good steak go to Bern's or Charley's.

You want some excellent seafood, try Ocean Prime, The Colonnade, or Oystercatchers.

Don't complain about chain restaurants if you're too lazy to search out the good places. I agree. Move back to Chicago.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:48 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,128,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
You want a good steak go to Bern's or Charley's.

You want some excellent seafood, try Ocean Prime, The Colonnade, or Oystercatchers.

Don't complain about chain restaurants if you're too lazy to search out the good places. I agree. Move back to Chicago.
Restraunts here cannot hold a candle to restraunts in Chicago. And if you can't grasp that you have been in the sun to long. Try Gibsons or lowery's or Flemmings, or Gioradonos ,Pizza UNO. No here cannot compare to these Al's Italian beef or the thousand other 5 star restraunts that are always featured on tv cooking shows.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:52 PM

734 posts, read 921,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Restraunts here cannot hold a candle to restraunts in Chicago. And if you can't grasp that you have been in the sun to long. Try Gibsons or lowery's or Flemmings, or Gioradonos ,Pizza UNO. No here cannot compare to these Al's Italian beef or the thousand other 5 star restraunts that are always featured on tv cooking shows.
So when do you leave Tampa? You sure do whine a lot.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:15 AM

184 posts, read 248,806 times
Vannort54, why don't you move to Chicago? You talk about Chicago constantly in every thread I see. Personally, I would never live in Chicago over St. Pete.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:20 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUbrew View Post
Vannort54, why don't you move to Chicago? You talk about Chicago constantly in every thread I see. Personally, I would never live in Chicago over St. Pete.
Chicago sucks. So I agree ^^^ with the above, anyone whining about how they think it sucks here over Chicago should move there RIGHT NOW! The whining is off-the-charts ridiculous by the same posters here.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:51 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,626,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Chicago pizza is like a tomato soup on a bread bowl, I rather eat alfafa sprouts, and chicago hot dogs aghh who wants a pickled salad in top of an already crappy fried hot dog, I am also not a fan of the italian beef sandwiches what is it with you people and soggy bread? I am not comparing Chicago and Tampa but depends where you live in a 10 min or less drive I have better than average pizza, chinese, NY style deli, not to mention pretty good dining in general, the one thing I cant find is a decent bagel but i probably havent tried hard enough I am not a huge bagel guy.
Most Chicagoans I know eat thin crust pizza rather than deep dish. Most of the thin crust and a few of the deep dish (Lou Malnati's) joints are excellent. They're nothing like tomato soup in a bread bowl. Also, you can order a hot dog without out all the crap if that is what you want. Chicago's food scene blows Tampa, and most other places out of the water. There is much more than pizza, dogs, and beef.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:15 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,178,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
So when do you leave Tampa? You sure do whine a lot.
Don't worry, even if he leaves he'll be back to whine about FL(like some others). They are jealous of something.. Chicago has a high 28F today (balmy and comfy for swimming in the lake). We're at 74F right now(freezing our arses off). Ouch...

Old 01-12-2015, 08:19 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,205,670 times
And the one we cook at home blows both Chicago and Tampa out of the water too, .

No matter how you slice and dice it, it is all junk. I am not sure why people are haggling over who does the crapiest food in the world. You all can have that honer, thanks.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:51 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Most Chicagoans I know eat thin crust pizza rather than deep dish. Most of the thin crust and a few of the deep dish (Lou Malnati's) joints are excellent. They're nothing like tomato soup in a bread bowl. Also, you can order a hot dog without out all the crap if that is what you want. Chicago's food scene blows Tampa, and most other places out of the water. There is much more than pizza, dogs, and beef.
I am not by any stretch saying that Tampa>Chicago, just based on personal taste the times I been to Chicago and people took me out to eat I found the deep dish pizza disgusting, I am not a hot dog person, I dont like NY hot dogs either but I really hate soggy bread and a lot of Chicago's local delicacies if you can call them that seem to have soggy bread. I had one of my best meals at Jose Garce's restaurant in Chicago probably tasted better because it was on an expense account as opposed to dropping $150 at six tables here in Tampa, in general terms bigger population translates to a more diverse and better restaurant scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay