Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 08:42 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
Cell phone. Then popcorn. Then deadly force. Is that the appropriate escalation for you? I weep for your children.
If I was 71 years old knowing that further escalation could lead to my demise, YES.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
This country is so full of pus***s now that they will try to kill you even if their feelings get hurt.
In the hood it is called "disrespecting" and often leads to death.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
It boils down to what a jury believes is credible or not.

In the Zimmerman case, self-defense was credible. He was being beaten.
In the Dunn case, self-defense was not credible. There was no evidence the threat rose to the level of opening fire on them.

My personal opinion (shared by most everyone who isn't a dues paid annual member on any given firearms forum) is that what occurred in this situation didn't even remotely rise to the level of what warrants a deadly response. See, that's the critical error the pro 'shoot 'em all' types make when they say that the threshold for justifiable homicide is whether or not one fears for their life.

The threshold for justifiable homicide is whether or not a jury of your peers believes that your actions were based in something credible.

As we saw with Dunn, simply saying "I FELT IN FEAR FOR MY LIFE" and then making up some menacing narrative isn't enough to keep you out of prison. No, we shouldn't let anyone attack us without a response, but I'm getting a bit sick and tired of little men of great delusions and paranoias thinking that a reasonable 'response' to any altercation is GET OUT MY TRUSTY BOOGNER MODIFIED GLOCK 26 WITH NIGHT SIGHTS, EXTENDED MAG RELEASE AND 115 GRAIN JHP'S AND SHOW 'EM STOP RESISTING!

He deserves bond based on his background but as far as how this case turns out, a sage bit of advice for Mr. Reeves:
"men of great delusions and paranoias thinking that a reasonable 'response' to any altercation is GET OUT MY TRUSTY BOOGNER MODIFIED GLOCK 26 WITH NIGHT SIGHTS, EXTENDED MAG RELEASE AND 115 GRAIN JHP'S AND SHOW 'EM STOP RESISTING!"

How many of these incidents can you tell me about? How often does this happen? What causes such a situation? You're referring to incidents that are very rare. On the other hand, how many people have been killed by the "knock out game"??

Old 07-15-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
People who shoot other people over throwing popcorn tend to have an inherent selection bias for personal misery.

Or, to put it another way, there are some things that you'll never, encounter happy people doing. That is one.
Your closed mind just doesnt want to go beyond popcorn, does it? You dont see aggravated assault happening here. You obviously believe that you should be allowed to assault someone without repercussion.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:38 AM

790 posts, read 1,268,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Your closed mind just doesnt want to go beyond popcorn, does it? You dont see aggravated assault happening here. You obviously believe that you should be allowed to assault someone without repercussion.
Im sure YOU would shoot someone that threw popcorn and possibly a cellphone at you and think it was 100% ok, but 99% of people in this world who are not INSANE wouldnt. Its obvious the guy has some issues and unfrotunately he took it out on some poor bastard. Hopefully the jury makes the right call and locks him up for the rest of his old miserable life.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:46 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
Im sure YOU would shoot someone that threw popcorn and possibly a cellphone at you and think it was 100% ok, but 99% of people in this world who are not INSANE wouldnt. Its obvious the guy has some issues and unfrotunately he took it out on some poor bastard. Hopefully the jury makes the right call and locks him up for the rest of his old miserable life.
OMG...I'm shocked...I agree with something you posted...I think the world is coming to an end...

Old 07-15-2014, 10:08 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishiis49 View Post
omg...i'm shocked...i agree with something you posted...i think the world is coming to an end...:d
lol!

Old 07-15-2014, 10:13 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,190 times
My whole take on this is that the shot was fired 2 seconds after the popcorn was thrown. That tells me that Reeves came into that theatre after making his complaint...ready to fire and waiting on the opportunity to do so, if it presented itself. It was pre-meditated and thought through by Reeves.

I want responsible gunowners walking around me, as I am...not cowboys thinking they are above the law waiting to pull from the hip and fire once their feelings are hurt.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:08 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Who is "they'll?
Trust me...It will happen. Mark my words..

Old 07-15-2014, 12:49 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
More than popcorn was thrown, as evidenced by the video. Why do people only talk about the popcorn?
OK maybe he threw a cell phone although i dont see this in the video,but lets say he did throw a cell phone is this grounds for a death sentence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay