Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 05:01 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Are y'all tired of bickering back-and-forth, when there is no way you're going to change each others minds? 57 pages? Really?
Apparently not...I asked the same question about 5 pages ago...

Old 08-02-2014, 05:06 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Not one respondent here answered my question - what would you do if you were in Reeves' shoes at that moment.
Tried to diffuse the situation as police officers are taught to do instead of inciting it by continuing to badger Oulson ... for the final time, you don't know what Reeves said to Oulson when he leaned over after reporting him to management.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:15 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
Lol, this is just one case ruling that clearly debunks the fantasy that the pro-Reeves folk use claiming he was a victim of a felony just because of his age.

Florida Supreme Court. Hearns vs.St. some excepts:

"Battery of a person 65 or older is neither an enumerated felony nor does it contain the neccessary elements of the use or threat of physical force or violence against an individual".

Therefore the general phrase " any other felony involving the use or threat of physical force or violence" should be interpreted to include only offenses which involve a level of physical force or violence comparable to that of enumerated felonies.

Basically, in layman's terms, what they're trying to say is:
"It sucks to be you about right now, Mr. Reeves".

Old 08-02-2014, 05:31 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Your way or the highway, eh ? You should have been a contortionist the way you twist things to suit your way of thinking ... you conveniently left out Reeves' texting in the theater (fact) and you interject speculation as to whether the cell phone was thrown at Reeves. Reeves is a hypocritical idiot that thinks he can do what he wants but no one else can ... a*hole goes to management about Oulson, but feels his texting is above reprimand. Probably his cop mentality ... hope there is a civil suit against Reeves as well.
Yes, he's almost for certain going to be facing a civil suit. I believe I read where Zimmerman's defense cost him about 350k. So figure that lawyer bill plus another fat stack for losing wrongful death suit and he's all but gaurenteed put him and his wife (and his divorced daughter and grandchild ) in a cardboard box, eating dog food for the remainder of his life...even if he wins his criminal trial. All because texting bothered him.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:15 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Your way or the highway, eh ? You should have been a contortionist the way you twist things to suit your way of thinking ... you conveniently left out Reeves' texting in the theater (fact) and you interject speculation as to whether the cell phone was thrown at Reeves. Reeves is a hypocritical idiot that thinks he can do what he wants but no one else can ... a*hole goes to management about Oulson, but feels his texting is above reprimand. Probably his cop mentality ... hope there is a civil suit against Reeves as well.
so it is your way or the highway - you are twisting things to suit your way of thinking. I am relying on a logical time line of events that transpired from what we know. Ive seen the video, I have seen Oulsen reaching out at Reeves twice. I have read the witnesses testimony about Oulson being loud. I have read the autopsy and it is likely that Oulson was about to deliver a 3rd hit at Reeves.

I get no answers to my questions. Why was Oulson's wife holding him back? From what?
What was Oulson about to do? Ive also asked several time what you would do if you were in Reeves' shoes that afternoon. Nobody has answered that/

I am not going to comment on Reeves texting as it is irrelevant and has no bearing on the matter.
Thats taking another road to get away from home.

What is relevant is that Oulson acted out a string of events that led to and included felony battery.
When is enough enough? Did Reeves have to bleed before he exercised his rights? Should he have allowed Oulson to take another shot at him? There is no specuation that a cell phone was thrown unless you want the flash in the video to be an apporition of the ghost of Christmas past. You also want to think that the cell phone found at Reeves' feet fell from the ceiling.

You seem to know all about Reeves' personality, mental state, what he was thinking when he asked
Oulson to cease and what he was thinking as he was being battered. Tell me genius, was Reeves wearing boxers or briefs?

Keep twisting, keep adding this and that to make it sound better to you but it is clear to me that Reeves' acted in self defense against a man younger, bigger and healthier than him who had already made physical contact with him while being in an enraged state.

If you cant see that then you are blinded by your feelings over the facts.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
snip.... All because texting bothered him.
Wrong. It was because he was under attack from an angry man who had already took two shots at him and was still enraged when he got shot.

Separate one from the other and it will appear clearer.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Tried to diffuse the situation as police officers are taught to do instead of inciting it by continuing to badger Oulson ... for the final time, you don't know what Reeves said to Oulson when he leaned over after reporting him to management.
It was Oulson who was badgering Reeves at the point the shot was fired. it makes no difference what Reeves said to Oulson. What matters is that Oulson was out of his mind while physically attacking another person. It was Oulson who turned around to continue his rant against Reeves. Oulson should have sat his butt down and kept his mouth shut.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
It was Oulson who was badgering Reeves at the point the shot was fired. it makes no difference what Reeves said to Oulson. What matters is that Oulson was out of his mind while physically attacking another person. It was Oulson who turned around to continue his rant against Reeves. Oulson should have sat his butt down and kept his mouth shut.
The h*ll it doesn't .. if Reeves told Oulson he was going to kill him if he didn't quit texting, IT MATTERS.
If Reeves told Oulson he was going to kill his ***** wife, IT MATTERS.

Reeves should have sat his butt down LONG BEFORE the incident ever happened.

Why don't you accept Zaba's offer of leaving C-D if you are proven wrong ?

Old 08-02-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
The h*ll it doesn't .. if Reeves told Oulson he was going to kill him if he didn't quit texting, IT MATTERS.
If Reeves told Oulson he was going to kill his ***** wife, IT MATTERS.

Reeves should have sat his butt down LONG BEFORE the incident ever happened.

Why don't you accept Zaba's offer of leaving C-D if you are proven wrong ?
The last time I read a posting from zaba was when they launched a personal attack on me. I realized at that time that I was dealing with a zealot.

If Reeves..... If Reeves..... and what if he didnt state he was going to kill kim? what if Oulson said to Reeves "I am going to kick your ass"

What if......................

Old 08-02-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
The last time I read a posting from zaba was when they launched a personal attack on me. I realized at that time that I was dealing with a zealot.

If Reeves..... If Reeves..... and what if he didnt state he was going to kill kim? what if Oulson said to Reeves "I am going to kick your ass"

What if......................
Exactly, what if ... what if the old a*hole just sat down quietly and spoke with his wife instead of getting upset with something he was just doing. Two families would not be ruined or on the way to ruin. Reeves' anger is what started the whole thing.

Would you have gone to management over Oulson's texting ? I would never ruin someone else's experience in a movie by playing social media police. Would you ?

The legal pundits I hear discuss the case don't think Reeves has a chance in h*ll of escaping jail time.
All have reviewed the same evidence as us and I think they know more than you or me ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay