Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 05:29 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times

Advertisements

Guess while you're laying on the gurney and before you answer the doc's first question about your illness, you ask him if he accepts XYZ Insurance. If he says, "I don't know", you say "Find Out".

Old 10-20-2014, 05:31 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Guess while you're laying on the gurney and before you answer the doc's first question about your illness, you ask him if he accepts XYZ Insurance. If he says, "I don't know", you say "Find Out".
The thing is ER docs dont deal with any insurance.

No insurance company would agree to their rates and no ER physician would accept what the insurance company is willing to pay.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:21 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Did anyone ever hear of this prior to Obamacare?

I never heard of this and assume it can be related...

Old 10-20-2014, 06:41 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
For only 2k i would pay it. If it was 200k then let the pital eat it and walk away.
Would you like to pay my bill because I have better idea on how to spend $2K

Old 10-20-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Regulated? Please no. We dont need the government to control fees of private practitioners.

I guess you actually could give them false information to get free treatment.

That is true, they are obligated to treat anyone who comes through the door.

I understand your situation but the hospitals cant afford to have ER doctors hanging around waiting to treat some one. ER doctors have training above and beyond other physicians.

Emergency Room Physician Career Facts - CVTips.com

ER Physician Duties | Chron.com
Well, I guess next ER doctor as well as the hospital will see a penny from me. You will pay my bill. Does it sounds good?

Old 10-20-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
LOL The joke of the day!!!

Old 10-20-2014, 06:48 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,205,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Amazing how you want to tie everything with Obamacare. Truth is it has slowed down medical cost increase. Fact! Insurance companies are actually paying back part of unused premium. I just got mine and my employer get their part. Fact! You don't have to guess, just check the fact than propagating talking points.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

It was going on for years. I was able to talk to people who had exactly the same issues back in 2007. That's crazy. If hospital and insurance companies want to play this game, I think people should stop showing their insurance info and leave without paying a dime. Period. Our bill is $2K for 30 minutes doctor's time, but the person I talked to today had bills for the total of $27K!!! It was for doctor, radiology, lab... And that person HAD good insurance!!! Is it crazy or what?!

Old 10-20-2014, 07:01 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Wow. I thought only the hospitals in Naples did this. I am dealing with a similar struggle Because of an ER visit of my own.

This is a very bad thing what the ER docs are doing. It's not going to get them more money. It's going to get them stiffed. And the state of Florida is already onto them with regulating out of network billing. You guys mention that HMOs are the only ones that have protections against balance billing but my POS plan with Humana quoted me the Florida statute that says this balance billing is not legal (which is probably why the docs billing company is located out of state!).

Don't give in and pay OP. Even if this debt gets sold to a collector they can't touch your paycheck because of medical debt without a judges rulling. I could never see a judge rule that you would have to pay the full amount. Not even close.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:09 PM

929 posts, read 2,724,579 times
I experienced the same issue. It all started in the St. Joseph’s ER in their new Lutz Hospital.
Then same evening in their Tampa ER. Five surgeries later, 3 were brain surgeries. I received bills from doctors that never even touched me.
Most of them charged more than my insurance company was willing to pay. They all send me bills for the difference. I called the insurance company and learned they pay the standard rates listed or coded. I did not pay any of the addition money asked for by the doctors. I will not. I upgraded my health insurance with my employer every year. I work for a huge Fortune 500 company, so I think we have buying power and have some of the best insurance available.

Last edited by ghostrider7811; 10-20-2014 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: size
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay