Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 06:05 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Throwing anything at someone is an assault which when involving a senior citizen is a felony.
Grabbing something from another person is called "sudden snatching" an is a felony.
2 crimes comitted.
You sure are rooting for the killer. I just want it to go away. Tired of it all. Let him hang or go free, just be done with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 06:18 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The popcorn was Reeves popcorn. Now i ask myself what would motivate a movie goer to throw some ones popcorn in their face,i doubt very much Oulson just thought he would start an argument with a fellow movie goer for no reason., also reeves being a career law enforcement officer certainly didnt use his training to have control over the situation, also that gun in his pocket could have given him the bravado to take the altercation further than it needed to go.
The court case will be very interesting as it may bring out evidence that we havent yet heard.
Reeves went to report the incident of the annoying texting to management. At that point no crimes took place. When Reeves returned to his seat, Oulson rose from his seat and began yelling at Reeves. He then threw a cell phone, at what I do not know. Then came crime #1 - snatching popcorn bsg from Reeves. Then crime #2 - he the popcorn at Reeves. Reeves fires a single shot into Oulson thereby ending the attack upon him.

Its not rocket science.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:19 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
If the defense is smart they will have put their client on a diet and bought him a walker...on the day of the murder the old guy was built like a brick **** house!!!

Old 01-04-2016, 06:21 PM

[quote=leftee;42501539]Especially when the complainant himself was texting prior to the incident ...[/QUOTE

Irrevelant. Texting is not a crime.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
If the defense is smart they will have put their client on a diet and bought him a walker...on the day of the murder the old guy was built like a brick **** house!!!
That does not allow someone to attack you.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:23 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Reeves went to report the incident of the annoying texting to management. At that point no crimes took place. When Reeves returned to his seat, Oulson rose from his seat and began yelling at Reeves. He then threw a cell phone, at what I do not know. Then came crime #1 - snatching popcorn bsg from Reeves. Then crime #2 - he the popcorn at Reeves. Reeves fires a single shot into Oulson thereby ending the attack upon him.

Its not rocket science.
It will be interesting to see how it all went down...how was Oulson even aware that Reeves didn't just go to the bathroom but alerted a manager to lodge a complaint? Also is the defense using stand your ground? I hadn't heard that...or maybe just forgot...

Old 01-04-2016, 06:34 PM

`
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
If Reeves had moved in the first place, the incident would never have happened.
If Oulson did not rise out of s seat, turned and faced Reeves and began ranting and raving and then escalated his attack he would be alive today.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
A point many would not want to consider.
Okay, let's say the victim was a jerk. So? Tell me why he should pay for his bad behavior with his life. Even if a car thief is prosecuted and convicted, he doesn't get the Death Penalty. It is beyond my comprehension that people are defending killing someone because he is annoying.

I do not know how Stand Your Ground can possibly apply when Reeves chose to return to the same seat. It wasn't his house or his car and there were plenty of empty seats. This is a macho thing, like "mine is bigger than yours" and has nothing to do with self defense. Nobody seems to care that a little girl is going to grow up without her Daddy because the wrong person sat in back of him at the movies.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:56 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Throwing anything at someone is an assault which when involving a senior citizen is a felony.
Grabbing something from another person is called "sudden snatching" an is a felony.
2 crimes comitted.
Come on, I might not agree with you in everything but by all indications you are fairly smart well read person, if I threw popcorn at you the cops came, they would not arrest me, there would be no way I would be indicted, you could not find a prosecutor that would bring that up that charge, I understand it fits your narrative but you are really grasping at straws. I truly believe this guy is going to walk away from this, I think that the burden of proof in that "fear for my life" defense is low that he can work that. To be fair the guy probably learned his lesson, I don't think he had any malice when he shot him is not really going to solve anything to make him spent his few remaining years in jail.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:59 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Okay, let's say the victim was a jerk. So? Tell me why he should pay for his bad behavior with his life. Even if a car thief is prosecuted and convicted, he doesn't get the Death Penalty. It is beyond my comprehension that people are defending killing someone because he is annoying.

I do not know how Stand Your Ground can possibly apply when Reeves chose to return to the same seat. It wasn't his house or his car and there were plenty of empty seats. This is a macho thing, like "mine is bigger than yours" and has nothing to do with self defense. Nobody seems to care that a little girl is going to grow up without her Daddy because the wrong person sat in back of him at the movies.

In a theater that was virtually empty with stadium style seating, so any seat is a good seat.

Reeves wanted an altercation. The angry old Floridian. They look for fights, too bad Reeves couldn't stick to looking for mailboxes that are the wrong color to report to the HOA, or expired tags on cars on his street, like other old coots.

Look what he did two families, his victims and his own.

Even if he gets off his attorney fees have eaten away a good chunk of his retirement. And if he is convicted what happens to his wife? If she is left destitute hopefully one of her kids will take her in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay