Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,782,650 times

Advertisements

In the beginning i thought this is a great system to rent a DVD for just $ 1.- and it is when it works....For the last 2 weeks the red box on St. Rd 54 has been working very badly and me and others have been standing there and calling the company to hear it would probable work again in a couple of hours. Well yesterday it was the same thing...out of work..

Also the movies listed on the screen next to the box are hardly ever in the box and some have been taken off the screen next to the box without me ever being able to rent them...only the old movies are in the box.

Yesterday I drove from this box to the one on the B.B. Down at Walmart and there was not one newer movie in the box available. I guess Blockbuster isn't so bad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 11:56 AM

154 posts, read 534,269 times
Have you tried to rent through the internet? I used to do that and it worked pretty well. Never tried in Florida, though.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaOrNotTampa View Post
Have you tried to rent through the internet? I used to do that and it worked pretty well. Never tried in Florida, though.
No I never did and I'm a little affraid to do so...what will happen if a DVD get's lost in the mail, who is responsible in that case?

I once had a call from Blockbuster that my DVD wasn't returned and I returned it in myself. After they searched the shelf they find it and told me an employee had forgotten to scan it so it was still showing up as missing. They told they were sorry and I know every where mistakes can be made, but IMO there are more mistakes made by mail put in wrong mail boxes and what if a person with holds DVD's...there are bad people every where...so i rather limit my chances on having to deal with issues.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:33 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,383,713 times
Been to the redbox at the Walgreen's on Gandy and Westshore and Kennedy and Westshore numerous times...never a problem...what a great deal $1 a day, adn you can reserve them on line and then just go pick them up.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:28 PM

154 posts, read 534,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No I never did and I'm a little affraid to do so...what will happen if a DVD get's lost in the mail, who is responsible in that case?

I once had a call from Blockbuster that my DVD wasn't returned and I returned it in myself. After they searched the shelf they find it and told me an employee had forgotten to scan it so it was still showing up as missing. They told they were sorry and I know every where mistakes can be made, but IMO there are more mistakes made by mail put in wrong mail boxes and what if a person with holds DVD's...there are bad people every where...so i rather limit my chances on having to deal with issues.
I understand your concern. It worked well for me. You get the DVD in the same envelope you return it to the "shop" when done. No late fees since you are allowed to "rotate" a given number of DVDs and can get one only after returning one. I am sure that DVDs occasionally get lost. These companies are in general quite reasonable and I think that they only look for compensation if the same person repeatedly fails to return DVDs.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:45 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,658,609 times
Blockbusters has a $1 a day rental too. I don't know if it is on any movie or select movies.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
Blockbusters has a $1 a day rental too. I don't know if it is on any movie or select movies.
These are the very old movies....the others are for $ 2.99 a day and additional $ 0.99 per day if you keep it a day longer, but at least they have the movies they advertise....Redbox advertises with movies that are never in the box.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:33 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,383,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
These are the very old movies....the others are for $ 2.99 a day and additional $ 0.99 per day if you keep it a day longer, but at least they have the movies they advertise....Redbox advertises with movies that are never in the box.
Huh? I just rented Quantum of Solace and Twilight...A week ago I saw MILK and Rachel Getting Married.....each $1.00 per night, ...all brand new rental releases.....you can reserve them on line before you pick them up at the redbox of your choice.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Huh? I just rented Quantum of Solace and Twilight...A week ago I saw MILK and Rachel Getting Married.....each $1.00 per night, ...all brand new rental releases.....you can reserve them on line before you pick them up at the redbox of your choice.
Thanks for the tip i probable have to go online and make a reservation...

Old 03-26-2009, 11:25 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,475,331 times
Rented them before out west and I thought they were great. Netflix rules though, I hope Blockbuster goes bankrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay