Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you have a problem if they designated a SECTION of Ft Desoto to clothing optional sunbathing?
Male - No Problem at all, and I would visit! 107 43.15%
Male - No Problem at all, I would not visit 31 12.50%
Male - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches 25 10.08%
Male - Other 1 0.40%
Female - No Problem at all, and I would visit! 31 12.50%
Female - No Problem at all, I would not visit 27 10.89%
Female - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches 22 8.87%
Female - Other 4 1.61%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:00 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,463,360 times

Advertisements

Would you have a problem if they designated a SECTION of Ft Desoto to clothing optional sunbathing?

Would you go if they did?

http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/2009/01/skimpy-swimwear.html (broken link)

Old 01-13-2009, 10:56 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
I have no problem with if they were to designate a section toward it as long as its use remains for mature adults only and does not bleed into areas where children and families would be exposed or affected by it. Would I go, no, not my thing. . . but I do understand others do take an interest in it and I have no issues with it as long as it causes harm to none.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:53 AM

265 posts, read 975,119 times
I dont have a problem with nude beaches, however, but I do take issue with putting it in DeSoto. Its a State Park, designed for families and children.... theres no business putting a nude beach there. A private beach somewhere else is a better choice..

Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,938 times
That's all this area needs.......a freaking nude beach.

Do all you people realize that the Tampa bay area is the "swinger" capital of the U.S.?

We already have the reputation for having a TON of strip clubs that are all nude.

We have a number of "nude" resorts in our area already.

I'm all about having fun....but anything else that continues to "cheapen" this area I'm against.

We are closing schools and cutting first responders and not attracting good companies to this area...........

But we have hundreds of full nude strip clubs and nudist resorts and swinger clubs/parties/resorts...........

So yeah, sure, let's put in some nude beaches...........great idea.

Most of Florida has become a classless, cultural wasteland full of strip malls, strip clubs, and alcoholics wasting away in the sun.

There is nothing wrong with an area having SOME strip clubs, ect. But this area has WAY TO MANY. We have a NATIONAL REPUTATION for these type of things: swingers, strip clubs, nudist resorts, ect.

Everybody wants to get back to the days of making tons of money "flipping houses"........

Guess what? high property values come from having good schools, good jobs, good infrastructure, good recreation, ect. That is the type of situation that won't "BUBBLE" and "BURST" like it did here.

We have more than enough "adult entertainment" activities in this area. We need to focus on better jobs, better schools, and slow, steady, healthy growth.

If someone wants to be outside in the nude..........that's fine. Just do it at a nudist resort or in your pool area/patio.......oh wait, our houses are so freaking close together that wouldn't work!

As much as most Floridians HATE tourists..........god knows we need them here to bolster our pathetic local economy. So put in a few nude beaches and see how many families want to come here and spend their money.......

So, no......I am against nude beaches in this area-our reputation is trashy enough.....

Old 01-14-2009, 08:28 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,463,360 times
maybe we have establishments because people want them.

just cause you dont like something, doesnt mean the rest of us dont

and as far as it being on a public beach, correct me if im wrong,. but arent all beaches in the state public? (unless owned by the govt)

Old 01-14-2009, 08:42 AM

I never said I didn't like it. We just have enough of that stuff around here already.

Not to mention.......do you actually think a nude beach is loaded with hot, young chicks? NOPE.

I'm assuming you would go to this beach? If so, do you know how pathetic it is for a single guy to be walking nude down the nudist beach trying to pick up chicks?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:49 AM

648 posts, read 1,641,761 times
Ok, honestly I would probably go. I am not too comfortable with my body and that would be the only reason I didn't go. But I would check it out; don't think that it should be banned just because some people don't like it. If you don't like it don't go.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 AM

2 posts, read 16,983 times
Out of sight out of mind. Nothing to rant about, the human body is a natural thing and America is just about the only country that hides it and covers it up. You are acting like if they were to open a nude beach it would be in your back yard. Take a chill pill, it's people like you who nip away at America's freedom.

Last edited by Liekthis; 01-14-2009 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 01-14-2009, 04:02 PM

Keep in mind....the OP said the nudist beach would be at Ft. Desoto STATE PARK.
A state park with a nude beach? I just don't think it is a good idea.

That is why nudist camps are usually "off the beaten path" so to speak. I don't have a problem with that at all.

But if you put a nudist beach at a STATE PARK......it is going to be in the public eye. State parks are tourist attractions.

Once again..... if you want to be nude outside, that's up to you. There is nothing wrong with that.

People looking on the internet trying to plan their vacation to Florida don't need to see that our state parks have nudist beaches. That will automatically connect "nudism" to the state of Florida-we don't need any more things like that around here.

If people want to be nude and be around other nude people they will know where to look. We don't need to plop a nude beach in the middle of one of the most popular state parks. Why don't we just put it on the "welcome to Florida sign" at the border!

I don't have a problem with people enjoying our "freedoms" in this country, I am liberal by the way...... I just don't think it should be associated with the state or municipalities. That way it is on PRIVATE PROPERTY and people can have all the fun they want.

That is why they call it PRIVATE PROPERTY.............

Old 01-14-2009, 04:10 PM

I am not "nipping" away at OUR freedoms. I served this country to protect OUR freedoms. I am a liberal......... heck, more freedom would be good.

That doesn't mean we can't use good judgement when it comes to things like this.

It is a STATE PARK.......... public property. That is my point. Keep that sort of thing on PRIVATE property.

That would be like turning 1/2 of your town's library in to a strip club........ PUBLIC property......... Do you see what I mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay