Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:34 AM

10 posts, read 41,059 times

Advertisements

Verizon use to have the best but now cingulau(AT&T) is just as good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,117 times
not to bring up a dead discussion, but I also am wondering about family in Iron City.

My mother's maiden name is Brewer and her side originated in Tennessee.

My grandfather and his siblings all grew up there.

Lewis (LT)
Glen
Shorty
Geneva
Kermit
Don

Just wondering if I had any 2nd or even 1st relatives still down there. We were all down in Columbia in 2008 for a family reunion and my great uncle Don gave us a day long tour of Iron City and the area.

After seeing Iron City, Ive always told people to imagine a typical relaxed, country southern town, and that is what Iron City is to me.

Again, just checking in to see if anyone grew up with my mother's side.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,449 times
Red face i 've been there before

i have not been there in over 30 years though. my dad grew up there. i have not heard anyone mention knowing the rich's. italy and hardin raised 11 kids in 2 bedrooms on some small acreage. several of my uncles worked at murray .my family and i had a falling out and have not talked for along time so i don't know what happened to any of them. does anyone know? thanks

Old 07-21-2011, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludie View Post
I did mnot grow up in Iron City but have visited many times. Had a lot of relatives there. The Gallians, Linvilles, Murphy,s and others. My great grandmother is burried in the cedar grove church cementery. I would love to live there and plan to visit again during 2008. I have lost contact with most of my relatives. One of the relatives used to be the teacher at that old school.
My Dad's family was from Iron City, Tennessee. His name is Paul Linville, his mother was Lois Moore Linville and his father was Hardison Linville. It has been many years since I visited and with the passing of my father it makes me want to visit. I have memories of the grocery store my great uncle Buster Moore had, his house was next to the store. I also remember swimming in Holly Creek. Would love to hear more from you and what Linville's you are related to.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,811 times
Will anyone please tell me where the old iron ore mines where located in Iron City, Tennessee?

Old 03-24-2014, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,483 times
I am trying to find out info on my dad (which has past on in the 90's) Ray (dusty ) Rhodes most relatives were the Looneys. His grandmother raised him. Back in his younger days he was pitcher for Iron City but he also would pitch for St. Louis cardinals as relief pitcher but didn't play a lot, they would call & he would head out sleep in his car. If he pitch he would get paid $25 a game. Can anybody tell me anything about this & if you know him. Send jackiehankins49@yahoo.com or if you want to put it on here is find. My dad work for the railroad for over 40 years. This may 22 he would of been 80. Thanks for any info

Old 03-24-2014, 01:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,483 times
Send to my email or here

Old 05-24-2014, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,632 times
I know this is years late because I just stumbled on this cite. I am also a descendant of the Allen's and Morton's from Iron City, Tn. I was there at my aunt, Virginia passed.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,415 times
live in south Florida, tired of feeling like i am a foreigner. This area is beautiful, people who are true Americans and treat others with respect.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 574 times
Was just searching family history and came across this article of blue Allen and his wife and brother biscuit it was really nice to hear the story the person told that just so happen to be my grandmother and grandfather and great uncle it's so refreshing because I don't have any vivid memories of my grandfather an uncle so thanks to this site and the person who wrote it gives me great joy can't wait to show my pops some stranger remembers his mom's and pops and uncle biscuit thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee