Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2006, 12:14 PM

21 posts, read 60,152 times

Advertisements

Hi, My family lives in MA now and we are looking for a horse farm that is located on a large lake that allows boats and is very clean and near alot of trails that you can horseback ride on right off the property. does anybody have any suggestions of where to look? could you also tell me about your weather there. I've been to Nashville in January many years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2006, 07:12 PM

225 posts, read 1,143,958 times
Hi apkjacks,
Lake property here is very expensive, and horse property can be difficult to find also. It really depends on your price range and if you are willing to turn property into a "horse farm" or want something already set up for horses. Instead of looking at Hendersonville or Mount Juliet, which is on Old Hickory Lake, you might consider Tims Ford Lake in Winchester. I talked to a builder yesterday who was building some gorgeous lake front homes on Tim's Ford in the $575K range. A horse property with acreage and on the lake in Hendersonville or Mount Juliet should go well over the million dollar price point.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:07 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,319,846 times
You MIGHT be able to find something like that on Douglas Lake in Jefferson County. The town would be Dandridge. You might also find that a bit further east along the Holston River, in Hawkins County. Or in Granger county by Cherokee lake, but if you are going to find that kind of property that is under 600K or so, you will be very rural, about 40 minutes or more to a town.
Could be wrong though, you just have to look around, call some Realtors, decide what you can afford and how far "out" you want to be.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:31 PM

10 posts, read 41,953 times
Cool Winchester

I am from Winchester and yes, Tims Ford Lake is beautiful. I would consider moving there. It has about 7k people and n20 mins away is Tullahoma with 20k and 1 hr is Huntsville and Chattanooga with 150k. It has everything you want!

Old 12-01-2006, 07:42 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Be careful of lake property. Some of them become mudholes in the winter because of Tennessee Valley Authority. I know for certain that is what happens at Douglas Lake. I would never suggest that spot.

I know a few people that bought there, were not told by the realtors and very much regret their purchase.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:14 PM

83 posts, read 402,970 times
I am drooling barnmouse. LOL

Old 03-31-2007, 11:00 AM

47 posts, read 187,576 times
Yes, its pretty much perfect if you want to bring a few horses with you. It has 4 stalls already but you could expand it and add many more to the site of the building. Having a nice dry place to work horses in when it rains is nice!

I think what's going to sell it is of course the horse set up but then it also has the 1600 heated insulated workshop. My husband spend a lot of time in there, while I was in the barn. His and her playground!

Property is fenced all around for dogs. We have it listed with the 6 acres with house, shop and barn/arena and then you can buy the adjacent 33 acres as well if interested. So you can go trail riding right on the property.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:20 AM
kar

179 posts, read 753,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnmouse View Post
Yes, its pretty much perfect if you want to bring a few horses with you. It has 4 stalls already but you could expand it and add many more to the site of the building. Having a nice dry place to work horses in when it rains is nice!

I think what's going to sell it is of course the horse set up but then it also has the 1600 heated insulated workshop. My husband spend a lot of time in there, while I was in the barn. His and her playground!

Property is fenced all around for dogs. We have it listed with the 6 acres with house, shop and barn/arena and then you can buy the adjacent 33 acres as well if interested. So you can go trail riding right on the property.
It look's very nice. My wife has a horse and she loved your pictures. May I ask why you are selling it?

Old 03-31-2007, 11:26 AM

47 posts, read 187,576 times
I need to be closer to a bigger City for our business. Feel free to email me directly for more info miriam@bangtag.com

Old 03-31-2007, 12:56 PM
kar

179 posts, read 753,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnmouse View Post
I need to be closer to a bigger City for our business. Feel free to email me directly for more info miriam@bangtag.com
I sent off an email to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee