Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,579 times

Advertisements

My family is planning a visit to the Dayton area in the next few weeks. We are very interested in finding out any information that might be helpful in our relocation efforts. My husband and mother in law visited last summer and raved about the location and the demographics. Is Dayton receptive to new-comers? What businesses are in the area? What activities, events are available for non-driving teenagers? Can/do small businesses survive in the area? Can you recommend an honest and helpful realtor? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 06:22 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times
Rhea Economic and Tourism Council / Dayton Chamber of Commerce

Tennessee Strawberry Festival, Dayton, Tennessee

Welcome to Rhea County, Tennessee

Old 02-03-2008, 06:24 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Well, just don't mention Darwin . . . you could get arrested.

(Just kidding. I can't help with your questions, but I hope your visit goes well.)

Old 02-03-2008, 07:06 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,875,245 times
Default City Links

M32: Hello new neighbor. If one cursor clicks on the upper left corner of this page, The WHITE CITY-DATA.com logo you can type in Dayton,TN search box, will get some info & links, a few of my pics. This small city has been re-building the past two years.
Super Wal-Mart came 2 years ago. Large LOWEs just opened, & New HOSPITAL just opened, so you have variety for ideas. Housing construction is a strong business.
Believe three major realitors are Century21, Prudential , Crye-Leike.
Non-Driving teens will sort of stump me, as this region offers lots of nature activities. Fishing/boating in the river, hiking on the ridge/plateau bluffs,
kayak white water to east on Ocoee river. Maybe sports at school is a outlet. Easy to get with wrong crowd, school drop out rate sort of high in our state.
.Again a great spring festival "STRAWBERRY" town music/ rides/ car shows.
Holiday carriage parade/ store open demo's. Daily courthouse farmer market sales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee