Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 01:46 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,423,539 times

Advertisements

Anyone have - or know where to obtain - a list of restaurants open on Thanksgiving day? Our household has shrunk from 7 kids at home (2 weren't ours, they were 'bonus' kids) to 2 at home. I'm not cooking for 4 people!! Thought maybe this year we'd let someone else do the cooking and cleaning while we go back home, watch the game, and take a nap. I plan on enjoying this small family thing!!

And it doesn't necessarily have to be McMinnville. We'll go to Cookeville, Crossville, Murfreesboro. Just want some place open that day that will have a nice turkey dinner with all the goodies!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 02:06 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Anyone have - or know where to obtain - a list of restaurants open on Thanksgiving day? Our household has shrunk from 7 kids at home (2 weren't ours, they were 'bonus' kids) to 2 at home. I'm not cooking for 4 people!! Thought maybe this year we'd let someone else do the cooking and cleaning while we go back home, watch the game, and take a nap. I plan on enjoying this small family thing!!

And it doesn't necessarily have to be McMinnville. We'll go to Cookeville, Crossville, Murfreesboro. Just want some place open that day that will have a nice turkey dinner with all the goodies!!
If you're willing to drive to Cookeville or Murfreesboro, you might want to check out O'Charleys. They usually have a pretty sweet Thanksgiving dinner. Same with Cracker Barrel. In Cookeville, the restaurant at the Clarion Hotel usually has a nice Thanksgiving spread. Also check out Cheddar's in Cookeville.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:12 PM

451 posts, read 1,371,470 times
the restaurant that used to be Shoney's.... (lol..sorry i can't remember the name of it)... that's on the bypass... across from that Pentacostal Church.. I Think is open on Thanksgiving .... It's a buffet sort of thing... good down-home food when I was there a few weeks ago.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,510,696 times
Nothing like eating and praising..... pass the rolls please

Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 PM

634 posts, read 1,419,536 times
You can count on Cracker Barrel being open, and serve you well.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:14 PM

98 posts, read 390,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post

I would probably pick Fall Creek Falls ~ The drive would be like going to grandmother's house for Thanksgiving. Of course several good places in Cookeville. Manchester has Cracker Barrell, O'Charley, Angus and Boskey's.
Murfreesboro has several including the famous Demo's.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Creek Tom View Post
I would probably pick Fall Creek Falls ~ The drive would be like going to grandmother's house for Thanksgiving. Of course several good places in Cookeville. Manchester has Cracker Barrell, O'Charley, Angus and Boskey's.
FCF is a nice idea! Hubby and I haven't actually been there. We've driven in the area, but not actually to FCF. That would be a nice time to visit......

They've got a restaurant in the Inn, right? Is that what you're talking about??

I did notice that Kat's Diner on 70S in Centertown just outside of McMinnville has a notice on their sign outside that they're open 10-2 if anyone is interested. I've not been there since the change in management. Actually, I never even stopped in when it was Medley's. I went to the Medley's in McMinnville though and it was excellent breakfast food for a very small price.

JoAnn I think I know the place you're thinking of. Well, there are two. Do you mean the by-pass out where Turner's Auto Salvage is at or the portion of 70S that runs from the town of McMinnville to the Sparta / Cookeville area? I saw a little diner on the Turner's side of 70S that changed hands earlier this year and on the other side, across from TSC and Badcock Furniture there is a big diner that opened some time ago. We've been meaning to stop in there for breakfast one day and see if that's any good. I hope that's the one you're talking about. I could use another good breakfast place.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:34 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Creek Tom View Post
Fall Creek Falls is an excellent suggestion! If they have a Thanksgiving buffet, that's where I'd go. While I love Cracker Barrel, FCF offers a beautiful view in the middle of the state's most popular state park. After eating a huge Thanksgiving meal at the inn, there are dozens of beautiful areas to go for a nice walk.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:08 AM

451 posts, read 1,371,470 times
Mrs, I was thinking of the 70s bypass that connects to the Sparta Hwy. The restaurant is at a traffic light intersection one block from the Smithville Hwy intersection. On one side of the bypass is the restaurant and on the other side is the Pentacostal Church. I think the cross street is Mullican St.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn5 View Post
Mrs, I was thinking of the 70s bypass that connects to the Sparta Hwy. The restaurant is at a traffic light intersection one block from the Smithville Hwy intersection. On one side of the bypass is the restaurant and on the other side is the Pentacostal Church. I think the cross street is Mullican St.
Billy's Diner!!!! Right? The church is across the street? They've always got a bus out front of the church. And next to the church is the Badcock and TSC and if you keep going through their parking lot there's the Walgreens? And if you go down the road where Billy's is there's a back road that leads to McDonald's?

I'm sure that's it! We've been dying to go there and for some reason never have. Good to know you like the food. We'll have to check it out.

Hubby killed the FCF idea. Doesn't want to drive that far. So if Billy's is open, we'll probably give that a whirl - thanks all!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee