Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 13,602 times

Advertisements

Are there any catfisherman in the Valley?? I have been in Baton Rouge Louisiana the last 3 years and am really going to miss catfishing the Mississippi River, but now I'll have to find some new places to catfish.
I lived in the Valley about 9 years ago and fished Delta Lake a few times. I have been unable to find much information on Delta Lake and haven't found anyone who fishes there.
After doing a Google Earth search I found quiet a few waterways near where we will be living but, again, have been unable to find much information about them.
We will be moving to Mercedes Texas at the end of this month. Any help would be appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2006, 09:43 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Try this site.....great place to gather fishing info.

removed

Bob

Last edited by Yac; 05-28-2006 at 11:56 AM..

Old 05-30-2006, 09:07 PM

The link I posted was edited out by the administrator....against the rules I remember. So to get info on fishing in Texas and more specificallly catfishing look up "Texas Fishing Forum". It is a very active forum with lots of good guys.

Bob

Old 08-22-2006, 01:40 PM

130 posts, read 873,432 times
Thanks Bob.I forgot I had posted here and just happened to find it today. I joined the TFF earlier this month and love it. Still haven't found any catfishermen in the Valley yet though

Old 08-25-2006, 08:49 PM

Hi ConanS.....I post there under the handle of "RayBob" mostly on the bass fishing and open freshwater forums! Tite lines.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:24 PM

8 posts, read 54,397 times
Smile Texas CatFishing

The only good place I have ever found for fishing for catfish is Falcon Lake , located near Roma.... I live in Alamo and its about 1 1/2 hour drive I have Tried Delta Lake but all that small lake has is Carp...If you have a boat you might be able to catch something else. But the Park is locate on North 88 out of Elsa just past a little Town of Monte Alto and the enterance is the right hand side. and admission is 2$ its open from 8am - 8pm but the only fishing in the park is in the canal becuz the lake itself is so low But if your willing to travel to falcon lake. just hit expressway 83 and go west, you will go through la joya, rio grande city and roma.. and keep going about 15 miles past roma you will see the signs for the turn off to falcon state park. there are 2 turnoffs into the park keep going a little further about 2-3 miles and you come up to the 2nd turn off to the park , there are plenty of signs.
i hope the info has helped

Old 08-27-2006, 11:44 PM

Falcon has great fishing!

Old 08-28-2006, 12:01 AM

Alamo, when I lived here about 11-12 years Delta was an excellent catfishing Lake. And I am sure I get back on em if I still had access to my old spot. But now it is all fenced in where I used to fish. I found a spot where a canal empties into the lake right by a bridge past the park. Went there twice, once when the canal was running and got zilch, the 2nd time the canal was dumping into the lake and got alot of action, but there too many people there so I left. I may try it once it finally cools off!!
Have you ever fished the Rio Grande river??

Old 08-28-2006, 08:08 AM

8 posts, read 54,397 times
i have tried that area just past the park on the left handside.. but like you said there are to many people.... maybe once the kids are back in school there might be less people there. Might try it again this fall..

Old 08-28-2006, 09:52 AM

Yeah, I was curious as to how often the water releases into the lake. That was obviously the good time to fish there. There has to be some pattern. When the water wasn't flowing I was the only one there, when it was flowing 10 freaking people!! I do know that right there is an excellent place to catch bait with a casting net. When we went my brother-in-law threw the net once and got about 35 shiners! Of course when the water is releasing then you'd just get hung up throwing the net. Sounds like a give and take scenario to me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas