Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2023, 04:57 PM

680 posts, read 276,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
False. The study from DART quoted above specifically states it expects a DECLINE in systemwide ridership. OVER TIME.

Again, when can we expect your check for the $5B it will cost for them to build this new line that will add negative ridership to the system?

Please put DallasBoi on your ignore list. There is no purpose served in trying to converse with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 06:27 PM

141 posts, read 46,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
Why on earth do you think it's hard for me to admit that Dallas has the largest rail system in Texas?

EVERYONE knows that. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm nothing like your buddy dallasboi, who feels that complimenting Houston on ANYTHING positive means that he's betraying Dallas for some reason, lol.

The REAL problem is that people like you just can't admit that, despite how large the system is, it simply isn't worth a damn. It's LITERALLY only there for show.

What does Houston need to dust itself off from? Houston BY ITSELF is on equal footing with the WHOLE of DFW, despite the latter having half a million more people. I wonder why that is??
When attending pre-kindergarten, I learned that a troll is a bully that sits his fat butt below bridges so he can charge victims to cross. Dallasboi isn't a bully. He just has a fat butt.

Old 06-06-2023, 06:31 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,816,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romping Willy Billy View Post
When attending pre-kindergarten, I learned that a troll is a bully that sits his fat butt below bridges so he can charge victims to cross. Dallasboi isn't a bully. He just has a fat butt.
Ha ha, that's why I love Dallasboi.

Old 06-06-2023, 07:30 PM

869 posts, read 320,279 times
Quote:

Lol...what??

Old 06-06-2023, 07:39 PM

To build that Subway, the city needs to get a lot of it built by donations. I think just the cool factor alone would help capture the convention business back from Houston. I also think the downtown Hotels would want a Subway. Monterrey Mexico has a really cool metro system. It started with a monorail. It did have big chunks falling off it, but it was a cool ride. They ran the next line under the monorail as a subway.
The downtown Dallas subway would be 2.4 miles. I think a lot of it could be paid for through donations.

Old 06-06-2023, 08:56 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,816,648 times
I REALLY don't see the ridership numbers to justify the cost of a subway system anywhere in Texas right now.

This screams VANITY PROJECT!!!

Old 06-06-2023, 10:02 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,458,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
That's not true. Houstons buses and trains only service Harris County. ( Mainly the City of Houston).

It's just the park and ride that goes to The Woodlands, NASA and Sugarland. I doubt there are more than 5 bus routes out of over 80 that serves outside Harris County so unfortunately Metro does not serve the whole metro. Other areas of the metro, like Fort Bend County or Conroe.

When you are comparing DART to METRO you are basically comparing a whole regional transportation service to basically the City of Houston.
....Moving that Goal post again......As big as the Houston Area is as a whole...would make ME not even mention this...It Makes Houston's situation even worse!!!!

Having this BABY train system in the MIDDLE of a GIGANTIC 7 million-person Metro......with only BUSES to serve the rest is already bad enough...And then..Just to disagree with everything said about Dallas you think revealing that even THE BUSES come up short with serving THE REST of the 7 million would be a PLUS for Houston's system!!........How is THIS not delusional but everything I say is?!!!

Old 06-06-2023, 10:11 PM

Quote:

Old 06-06-2023, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
Why on earth do you think it's hard for me to admit that Dallas has the largest rail system in Texas?

EVERYONE knows that. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm nothing like your buddy dallasboi, who feels that complimenting Houston on ANYTHING positive means that he's betraying Dallas for some reason, lol.

The REAL problem is that people like you just can't admit that, despite how large the system is, it simply isn't worth a damn. It's LITERALLY only there for show.

What does Houston need to dust itself off from? Houston BY ITSELF is on equal footing with the WHOLE of DFW, despite the latter having half a million more people. I wonder why that is??
....You really admire me I see.....

I just said this about you Houstonians......You reworded it to use it...

.....so predictable....

Last edited by dallasboi; 06-06-2023 at 10:31 PM..

Old 06-06-2023, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
I REALLY don't see the ridership numbers to justify the cost of a subway system anywhere in Texas right now.

This screams VANITY PROJECT!!!
Wouldn't they need to go in and alter the sewer systems and lots of underground ectrical service downtown? They would be tunneling through white rock. This would double the subway mileage to 4.5 miles though which isn't much in Texas.
I don't think it would be decadent if they got some of the funding through donations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas