Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 01:40 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,575,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
LOL I see I wouldn't want to play checkers with you. Okey, dokey feel free to try and back me into a corner, but please don't put words in my mouth. I guess with it being election year and what with people watching debates, interviews, etc. it's become fashionable to act the part of a hard core journalist asking the tough questions to give his audience the bare truth. Spare me.
Nah, it's just my personality to ask concise questions.

Quote:
I am proud Texas (and the other 10 states who still have backbone) is standing up for what it believes is right and refuses to be bullied without a fight into another of our current government's mandates. This issue (and it is an issue) should be handled by the states and of course with the school districts themselves as it is directly affecting them.
Why? Transgender people, though a small minority, exist everywhere and deserve to be treated with respect everywhere. Arguing Invoking the state's rights argument, throughout US history, is almost always synonymous with "We should have the right to discriminate here." I don't see how this case is any different.

Quote:
So, to that end, I will say for this issue to have suddenly come out out of the blue, for obama to jump right in with with yet another one of his executive orders, knowing full well the consequences, yes, I am saying it is a red herring.
It was started by state and local-level politicians trying to pander to fundies since they realized they lost the gay marriage battle. They figured they'd go after the T in LGBT. The spark, as I see it, was North Carolina Republicans passing a pro-discrimination law in the middle of the night. That said, both sides are grandstanding like crazy. Obama probably figures he can pander to liberals without losing any political capital for the Democrats in November given what a shambles the Republican side of the election is. Also, there is the added benefit that in a supposedly democratic society, culture and government can and should influence each other, and being more understanding of the intense dysphoria in transgender adolescents is never a bad thing.

Last edited by Westerner92; 05-26-2016 at 01:54 PM..

Old 05-26-2016, 02:32 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,671 times
Key word - majority. To think you can change an entire society to fit into a niche the size of an atom by passing a law is absurd.

You really want to bring up segregation? Really? Talk about grasping at straws, I guess anything is game, but since you opened that can of worms, I'll play along and take a walk with you down memory lane back to the sixties as I lived through it and know full well what went on. All the marching/protesting, all the riots, all the murders and other atrocities, all the laws passed to make changes and indeed changes were made and yet to this day, one thing goes awry and it involves both blacks and whites, it's the big racism issue all over again.

I don't know the answer and to be truthful no one else does either because there is no answer. Sure, it would be swell I guess if it were a perfect world filled with perfect people all alike and never a reason for any conflict of any kind, but that just ain't the way it is and for anyone to think that all it takes to make everything peachy keen in the universe is by passing a law mandating that it be so is delusional.

I never said it was fair for anyone to be born with transgender issues. I don't think it is fair. But I do think things can be dealt with and worked out in a rational manner, but certainly not by one person imposing his will upon the majority of the people who are involved.

BTW Am I the only person who seems to have noticed the OP's statement of how he is gay and openly stared at boys in the locker room. Since all the libs like to nitpick every sentence, every word out of everyone else's mouth, let's do a tic for a tat. This is outright bullying in itself and yet looky, looky from what side that is coming from.

AGAIN, there is something just fundamentally wrong with this picture. Out of the clear blue, but suddenly blown up into the national issue it has been blown up into, something is stinking in Denmark alright, but it isn't this. Somebody (and I believe we all know who) knew full well something this controversial would sweep the nation like a raging wildfire and everyone would play right along and focus on it like he intended they would. So, I guess everyone just keep playing, what the hell do I know?

Old 05-26-2016, 02:42 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,671 times
Since this argument can go on forever, why not use a simple solution to end it? If all the parents who have children in public schools are uncomfortable with this law, simply pull your kids out of the school. See? Problem solved. Talk about a lesson in majority rule.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:40 PM

745 posts, read 1,284,828 times
This a troll. Resist replying except to say, "This is a troll. Resist replying."

Old 05-26-2016, 07:32 PM

347 posts, read 468,011 times
I blame Barack Obama for all of this bathroom mess!

I see a very simple solution: Revert all of the laws and ordinances concerning bathrooms back to the way they were the day Obama took office. That means: no more Target bathroom policy, no more North Carolina bathroom law, and no more city ordinances like Charlotte's which forced North Carolina's hand.

Problem solved and then the left leaning musicians will be happy to play in every state again!

Old 05-26-2016, 07:45 PM

8 posts, read 9,852 times
Haven't Transgender people already made the switch? That's why they are called transgender? If that's the case then why do they need a law to tell them oh by the way, you can use the bathroom of the sex you changed in to? This is all crap. Frankly, the big uproar isn't about transgender people, it's the whole "I identify as (male or female) so I should be able to use whichever restroom I choose." In any case whatsoever that should be a no, regardless if it's at the cost of billions of dollars (which the government doesn't have).

Old 05-26-2016, 08:39 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I'm sure we've all been sharing bathrooms with transgender people for all of our lives and just didn't know it. You're right, Timothy, the issue isn't transgender people, it's this whole "This is the gender I identify with" ambiguity. And it's rife with danger and problems. No, I'm not in the least bit worried about the transgendered person sitting (or standing, whatever) in the stall next to my granddaughter - that person isn't the problem, and what they do by themselves in the private stall doesn't bother me in the least. The problem is going to be some pedophile or other person with nefarious intentions exploiting the new policies with the intent of hurting, abusing, or infringing on the rights of innocent people who shouldn't have to worry about people of the opposite sex being in their bathrooms and locker rooms.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:26 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm sure we've all been sharing bathrooms with transgender people for all of our lives and just didn't know it. You're right, Timothy, the issue isn't transgender people, it's this whole "This is the gender I identify with" ambiguity. And it's rife with danger and problems. No, I'm not in the least bit worried about the transgendered person sitting (or standing, whatever) in the stall next to my granddaughter - that person isn't the problem, and what they do by themselves in the private stall doesn't bother me in the least. The problem is going to be some pedophile or other person with nefarious intentions exploiting the new policies with the intent of hurting, abusing, or infringing on the rights of innocent people who shouldn't have to worry about people of the opposite sex being in their bathrooms and locker rooms.
That has been the issue since day one but the media keeps painting the majority with this view as "transphobic". The media doesn't even pretend to get it because they keep citing stats that say that transgendered people don't commit crimes in the restrooms, but that is not the point.

Sometimes I think they deliberately do this.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:12 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,923,039 times
Man, some of you are so intellectually challenged. Since when was the dimwit in DC pronounced King? Dumbazz doesn't have the authority to pull any money from Texas. He can threaten all he wants. Only Congress can pull the money. Did some of you not graduate from elementary school?

Old 05-27-2016, 01:04 AM

348 posts, read 830,836 times
This whole thing is really stupid. This has been going on forever, and never was a problem until some stupid politician put his hands on it. We all would have been better off without the stupid bans and without the stupid mandates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas