Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 01:30 AM

348 posts, read 831,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
BTW Am I the only person who seems to have noticed the OP's statement of how he is gay and openly stared at boys in the locker room. Since all the libs like to nitpick every sentence, every word out of everyone else's mouth, let's do a tic for a tat. This is outright bullying in itself and yet looky, looky from what side that is coming from.
These "lib"s you refer to are liberals, one of which I am proud to be. This "nitpick[ing] of every sentence, every word" is something everyone trying to understand a complex issue, including me, does for the sake of that understanding, and is exactly what you are doing now. How can you question the motivation of others because they do exactly the thing you do when you ask that question? You are nitpicking, and you are right to ask the question, but are wrong to doubt the reasons of others for doing the same. I am nitpicking every word you say, just as you do, but I don't object to it. I hope to use it to inspire thought.

Transgenderism has been around forever, and in modern society has not been a problem until politicians decided they could use it as a rallying cry. The call for acceptance is not a call for tolerating abuses by perverts and pedophiles. Politicians made this problem, but politicians will not solve it. We must learn to accept people, and learn how to make them comfortable. No policy dictate from on high will accomplish that.

Also, it's "tit for tat." Also, anyone making other people uncomfortable is a jackass. Let's just agree to that instead of looking for some people who are supposedly worse than others for doing the same.

Last edited by wxf848; 05-27-2016 at 01:46 AM..

Old 05-27-2016, 08:31 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxf848 View Post
Also, it's "tit for tat."

Holy sh*t you're exactly right and dang, I knew that. Hmm, wonder why I slipped and put a c instead of a t Who knows? Maybe it's all the talk of transgender and sexual preferences and my brain has gotten so tired of it all it's starting to filter out words like tit (or teat - this saves you the trouble of correcting me lol). Whatever, it's all good now, you were there to catch me on it and now we can all sleep better tonight having cleared that up.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:15 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,350,902 times
Transgender people in any bathroom is fine. Where I draw the line is when Timothy wants to turn into Tammy and share the same locker room as the other girls before Timothy has his wang chopped off.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:24 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,566,370 times
Wow. Giving up billions when our education system is already underfunded..

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I don't have a lot of experience with transgenderism.. But don't most of the people switch because they prefer people of the same sex (pre-op)? If that's the case, a pre-op male sharing the same locker room/bathroom as females wouldn't be an issue in terms of sexual predatation on the females, because the person trans-itioning (see what I did there?) prefers the sex of those in the bathroom they used to identify with. And if the transsexual was converting because they wanted to be a same sex couple, that would really be no different than sharing locker rooms/bathrooms with homosexuals of the same sex. Yet we don't have locker rooms/bathrooms specifically for homosexuals and there hasn't been any uproar...

Old 05-27-2016, 03:33 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,579,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Wow. Giving up billions when our education system is already underfunded..

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I don't have a lot of experience with transgenderism.. But don't most of the people switch because they prefer people of the same sex (pre-op)? If that's the case, a pre-op male sharing the same locker room/bathroom as females wouldn't be an issue in terms of sexual predatation on the females, because the person trans-itioning (see what I did there?) prefers the sex of those in the bathroom they used to identify with. And if the transsexual was converting because they wanted to be a same sex couple, then that would really be no different than sharing locker rooms/bathrooms with homosexuals of the same sex. Yet we don't have locker rooms/bathrooms specifically for homosexuals...
Transgenderism and sexual orientation aren't the same thing. Transgender people have been observed in MRI's to have the brain structure of the opposite gender i.e. there's literally a male brain inside a female body and vice versa. This mismatch causes body dysphoria and a desire to switch physical genders.

Sexual orientation is simply which genders someone is attracted to.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:03 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,015,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Transgenderism and sexual orientation aren't the same thing. Transgender people have been observed in MRI's to have the brain structure of the opposite gender i.e. there's literally a male brain inside a female body and vice versa. This mismatch causes body dysphoria and a desire to switch physical genders.

Sexual orientation is simply which genders someone is attracted to.
And the whole "brain sex" science is being taken to task for promoting the myth that there is a female and male brain. If your thesis is that male and females have different brains, you must first define and differentiate male and female and stick to those definitions. Yet, the existence of a male (sperm producers) with a supposed female (ova producer) brain means that it's probably not a "lady brain".

The mental gymnastics transgender theory advocates engage in to promote brain sex science and all sorts of stereotypical stuff about women is mind boggling. The next big leap they will try to convince the world of is that Sex, biological sex, is merely a social construct and not based in material reality.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:47 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
The root problem is we (Texas) shouldn't have to ask, beg or cater to the Federal Government to get OUR tax dollars back so that WE can fund our schools. Those dollars are taken from us in the first place, it's not like the Feds are creating those billions of dollars.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
And the whole "brain sex" science is being taken to task for promoting the myth that there is a female and male brain. If your thesis is that male and females have different brains, you must first define and differentiate male and female and stick to those definitions. Yet, the existence of a male (sperm producers) with a supposed female (ova producer) brain means that it's probably not a "lady brain".

The mental gymnastics transgender theory advocates engage in to promote brain sex science and all sorts of stereotypical stuff about women is mind boggling. The next big leap they will try to convince the world of is that Sex, biological sex, is merely a social construct and not based in material reality.
Men and women do, on average, have slightly different brain structures. That is a scientific fact. No one is saying anything about gender stereotypes, just that the physical structure is observed to be different. To be more specific, men tend to have thinner subcortical areas, and women tend to have thinner cortical regions in the right hemisphere.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:00 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,015,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Men and women do, on average, have slightly different brain structures. That is a scientific fact. No one is saying anything about gender stereotypes, just that the physical structure is observed to be different. To be more specific, men tend to have thinner subcortical areas, and women tend to have thinner cortical regions in the right hemisphere.
Quote:
So in the new study, researchers led by Daphna Joel, a behavioral neuroscientist at Tel Aviv University in Israel, tried to be as comprehensive as possible. Using existing sets of MRI brain images, they measured the volume of gray matter (the dark, knobby tissue that contains the core of nerve cells) and white matter (the bundles of nerve fibers that transmit signals around the nervous system) in the brains of more than 1400 individuals. They also studied data from diffusion tensor imaging, which shows how tracts of white matter extend throughout the brain, connecting different regions.

The team found a few structural differences between men and women. The left hippocampus, for example, an area of the brain associated with memory, was usually larger in men than in women. In each region, however, there was significant overlap between males and females; some women had a larger or more male-typical left hippocampus, for example, while the hippocampus of some men was smaller than that of the average female.

.....There is no one type of male brain or female brain,” Joel says.
The brains of men and women aren

Quote:
“There is no sense in talking about male nature and female nature,” Joel says. “There is no one person that has all the male characteristics and another person that has all the female characteristics. Or if they exist they are really, really rare to find.”
That is what this transgender theory is all about. Reducing womanhood to a feeling. You have anatomically correct males, with male chromosomes who have been socialized male most of their lives claiming to be women because of a innate feeling that they're female. There is no scientific evidence to back up their claims; no brain sex science, no biological impairment, no chromosome mishap, nothing except their deeply held belief that they are female.

But how would they know? How would they know what it "feels" like to be a woman if they were never born a woman? Women aren't born with an innate essence of what it is to be female. They experience it throughout their lives. They experience it because they were biologically born female.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
The brains of men and women aren

That is what this transgender theory is all about. Reducing womanhood to a feeling. You have anatomically correct males, with male chromosomes who have been socialized male most of their lives claiming to be women because of a innate feeling that they're female. There is no scientific evidence to back up their claims; no brain sex science, no biological impairment, no chromosome mishap, nothing except their deeply held belief that they are female.

But how would they know? How would they know what it "feels" like to be a woman if they were never born a woman? Women aren't born with an innate essence of what it is to be female. They experience it throughout their lives. They experience it because they were biologically born female.
Your quotes literally say there are differences, just that they're not clear-cut. It's all tendencies and averages. Just because there isn't a neat dilleneation doesn't mean that there aren't structures more typical of male brains and structures more typical of female brains. With how complicated the human brain is, it's impressive that you've managed to solve the mysteries of transgenderism.

Also, most crucial of all, have you gotten to know a transgender person? Do you know what the science and medical and psychological communities say about transgender people? They all disagree with you. There's a sound process of psychological and medical evaluation before someone is allowed to transition.

Last edited by Westerner92; 05-28-2016 at 10:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas