Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 05:41 AM

766 posts, read 1,254,569 times

Advertisements

accept Obama's transgender bathroom directive. Think about that for a second. The people Y'ALL elected are willing to sacrifice the quality of YOUR child's education for an issue as small as trans people being able to choose which bathroom to use. Who the EFF cares which bathroom they decide to use, let them do what they want, it's not your life and it doesn't affect you. If someone abuses the system, then let them be punished. I'm gay and yes I stared at all of your sons in the locker room when I was in high school but I never did anything illegal. GET OVER IT.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:50 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
accept Obama's transgender bathroom directive. Think about that for a second. The people Y'ALL elected are willing to sacrifice the quality of YOUR child's education for an issue as small as trans people being able to choose which bathroom to use. Who the EFF cares which bathroom they decide to use, let them do what they want, it's not your life and it doesn't affect you. If someone abuses the system, then let them be punished. I'm gay and yes I stared at all of your sons in the locker room when I was in high school but I never did anything illegal. GET OVER IT.

YOU'RE right, it is the people WE elected so I guess that's makes it OUR business, right? Furthermore, it is not a small issue as you claim, it is the complete out of control overreach of power that has pushed people to draw the line. As to your reference of the word small, one thing is correct, the number of transgender people is small, so small in fact I ask how they can call the shots and rule over the majority. Oh wait I forget, that has become the ongoing trend now.

You say let them (trans people as you call them) do what they want. By that reasoning, let EVERYONE do as they want. I mean hey, fair's fair, right? Don't bother to reply, I already know your answer. People like you think because you fit into a tiny, minute class of people, it suddenly provides you with the luxury of being the elite privileged ones who are able to dictate to the majority how things are going to be done YOUR way, by gawd.

I'm thinking the political bubble has just about run it's course and people are beginning to wake up and see common sense reasoning, so yes, I think you are just beginning to see the start of many lines being drawn in the sand, so to speak. I'm elated to see it, myself

I wasn't going to say anything about this one remark you made, but WTH. I quote "I'm gay and yes I stared at all of your sons in the locker room when I was in high school but I never did anything illegal. GET OVER IT." The simple fact that you don't see anything wrong with this IS the problem.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:04 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
Quote:
You seem very offended.

If that is the case then why do we even have gender specific bathrooms? Or locker rooms? Or showers?

Texas has been doing some strange things lately but on this I am team Texas.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:36 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,579,521 times
I've met transgender people and gotten to know them, so I'm not afraid of them. I know transgender people have been using whatever restroom they've wanted for a long time now, and how absolutely nothing negative has come of it. I've seen how Texas' education cuts are damaging the newest generation. People who support the passing up of 11 BILLION DOLLARS for education because they're so preoccupied with what's in people's pants have their priorities so incredibly messed up it makes me want to rage. As has been happening for decades now, certain politicians never pass up an opportunity to use religious fundamentalism to weaken public institutions.

Yet this whole debate is clearly a distraction from bigger issues, like the fact that it was just declassified that Saudi politicians in the US facilitated 9/11.

Last edited by Westerner92; 05-26-2016 at 08:55 AM..

Old 05-26-2016, 09:20 AM

766 posts, read 1,254,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
YOU'RE right, it is the people WE elected so I guess that's makes it OUR business, right? Furthermore, it is not a small issue as you claim, it is the complete out of control overreach of power that has pushed people to draw the line. As to your reference of the word small, one thing is correct, the number of transgender people is small, so small in fact I ask how they can call the shots and rule over the majority. Oh wait I forget, that has become the ongoing trend now.

You say let them (trans people as you call them) do what they want. By that reasoning, let EVERYONE do as they want. I mean hey, fair's fair, right? Don't bother to reply, I already know your answer. People like you think because you fit into a tiny, minute class of people, it suddenly provides you with the luxury of being the elite privileged ones who are able to dictate to the majority how things are going to be done YOUR way, by gawd.

I'm thinking the political bubble has just about run it's course and people are beginning to wake up and see common sense reasoning, so yes, I think you are just beginning to see the start of many lines being drawn in the sand, so to speak. I'm elated to see it, myself

I wasn't going to say anything about this one remark you made, but WTH. I quote "I'm gay and yes I stared at all of your sons in the locker room when I was in high school but I never did anything illegal. GET OVER IT." The simple fact that you don't see anything wrong with this IS the problem.
I certainly didn't vote for any of those scumbags, y'all elected him. But it's not only YOUR business, it's the whole state's as it affects us all.
Yes transgendered people are a small cohort but they are a particularly persecuted group of people which is why the government is trying its best to protect them. One of the main tenants of a functioning government is its ability to protect its people and that's what is being done.

"By that reasoning, let everyone do as they want." Typical slippery slope fallacy, so not even going to bother arguing against it. I simply can't comprehend how one could be "elated" to see billions in education funding go down the toilet because someone cannot tolerate another person going against the norm and being themselves.

As for the locker room comment, I was trolling but thanks for biting .

Old 05-26-2016, 09:38 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,656 times
Quote:
Don't generalize philopower. I can assure you there are many progressive people in Texas, but this state is just too big. As much people as there are in the cities interacting and accepting different walks of life, there are still many in small rural areas and exurbs. Think about it, if it weren't for OK's panhandle Texas would be touching Kansas.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I've met transgender people and gotten to know them, so I'm not afraid of them. I know transgender people have been using whatever restroom they've wanted for a long time now, and how absolutely nothing negative has come of it. I've seen how Texas' education cuts are damaging the newest generation. People who support the passing up of 11 BILLION DOLLARS for education because they're so preoccupied with what's in people's pants have their priorities so incredibly messed up it makes me want to rage. As has been happening for decades now, certain politicians never pass up an opportunity to use religious fundamentalism to weaken public institutions.

Yet this whole debate is clearly a distraction from bigger issues, like the fact that it was just declassified that Saudi politicians in the US facilitated 9/11.
I don't think the most people are afraid of transgender people and I don't think this is the real issue either. As to this sudden interest and obviously huge dilemma in oh my, what restroom am I now going to use, I most certainly think it's a distraction. Has anyone been paying attention to just how many distractions we have been dealt in the recent years and how it just seems to be never ending? How our government plays us for suckers (and being for transparent about doing it) is a crying shame and yet we play along. Blind lead the blind . . .

Quote:
I simply can't comprehend how one could be "elated" to see billions in education funding go down the toilet because someone cannot tolerate another person going against the norm and being themselves.
So typical. Always the need for the dramatic. Don't be so naive, this will never come to pass, but I will say you would be a hoot to play poker with.

Quote:

As for the locker room comment, I was trolling but thanks for biting .
And you are just more than welcome.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:51 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,579,521 times
Quote:
I don't think the most people are afraid of transgender people and I don't think this is the real issue either. As to this sudden interest and obviously huge dilemma in oh my, what restroom am I now going to use, I most certainly think it's a distraction. Has anyone been paying attention to just how many distractions we have been dealt in the recent years and how it just seems to be never ending? How our government plays us for suckers (and being for transparent about doing it) is a crying shame and yet we play along. Blind lead the blind . . .
So we can both agree that it's a non-issue. Would you still condone the refusal of billions in funding to one of the most crucial aspects of society because the president is formalizing a status quo?

Old 05-26-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
So we can both agree that it's a non-issue. Would you still condone the refusal of billions in funding to one of the most crucial aspects of society because the president is formalizing a status quo?
LOL I see I wouldn't want to play checkers with you. Okey, dokey feel free to try and back me into a corner, but please don't put words in my mouth. I guess with it being election year and what with people watching debates, interviews, etc. it's become fashionable to act the part of a hard core journalist asking the tough questions to give his audience the bare truth. Spare me.

The crux is I did not agree with you it was a non-issue. I don't even have a clue as to where you conceived this notion. Read my post again. what I said was "I most certainly think it's a distraction". I never said the word issue here.

I am proud Texas (and the other 10 states who still have backbone) is standing up for what it believes is right and refuses to be bullied without a fight into another of our current government's mandates. This issue (and it is an issue) should be handled by the states and of course with the school districts themselves as it is directly affecting them.

It's too bad that a select few seem to think their agenda overrules the majority, but since our current administration is in tune with them and completely ignores the majority, here's the results.

All I can say is, this minute fraction needs to stop squealing like a pig caught under a gate when the majority finally wakes up and starts fighting back because this movement has just begun. I applaud the graduating class of the Ohio high school who defied the ever overwhelming suffocating government bureaucracy and stood up for what they believed it and carried through with it. Kudos to them.

Texas (and all the other states) is quite capable of dealing with this suddenly a crisis bathroom issue. The school districts are willing to work with transgender students and make workable solutions. You do realize the (again) majority of schools do not even have any transgender students, so hey, while it has been worked into being an issue, it is not an issue the states and the school districts cannot work out on their own.

So, to that end, I will say for this issue to have suddenly come out out of the blue, for obama to jump right in with with yet another one of his executive orders, knowing full well the consequences, yes, I am saying it is a red herring. I will also say obama knows full well the needless amount of taxpayers dollars that have already been spent and will be spent since it's just begun, but hey, that's a plan just in itself. To me, it's all just another ploy, so rather then get your panties in a wad over Texas losing all these billions, why not just relax, sit back and see how it rides out.

As far as I am concerned, I am sick to death of hearing about this stupid bathroom crap. Too stupid for words and I guess for the very reason of being so stupid, it seems to be the most important stupid issue on the minds of every American now. I was tired of it right after I read about it and now I am to the getting on the ground and vomiting stage sick to death of hearing about it. So this had better answer any questions anyone has to ask me about this stupid crap.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:14 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,726,460 times
Quote:
LOL I see I wouldn't want to play checkers with you. Okey, dokey feel free to try and back me into a corner, but please don't put words in my mouth. I guess with it being election year and what with people watching debates, interviews, etc. it's become fashionable to act the part of a hard core journalist asking the tough questions to give his audience the bare truth. Spare me.

The crux is I did not agree with you it was a non-issue. I don't even have a clue as to where you conceived this notion. Read my post again. what I said was "I most certainly think it's a distraction". I never said the word issue here.

I am proud Texas (and the other 10 states who still have backbone) is standing up for what it believes is right and refuses to be bullied without a fight into another of our current government's mandates. This issue (and it is an issue) should be handled by the states and of course with the school districts themselves as it is directly affecting them.

It's too bad that a select few seem to think their agenda overrules the majority, but since our current administration is in tune with them and completely ignores the majority, here's the results.

All I can say is, this minute fraction needs to stop squealing like a pig caught under a gate when the majority finally wakes up and starts fighting back because this movement has just begun. I applaud the graduating class of the Ohio high school who defied the ever overwhelming suffocating government bureaucracy and stood up for what they believed it and carried through with it. Kudos to them.

Texas (and all the other states) is quite capable of dealing with this suddenly a crisis bathroom issue. The school districts are willing to work with transgender students and make workable solutions. You do realize the (again) majority of schools do not even have any transgender students, so hey, while it has been worked into being an issue, it is not an issue the states and the school districts cannot work out on their own.

So, to that end, I will say for this issue to have suddenly come out out of the blue, for obama to jump right in with with yet another one of his executive orders, knowing full well the consequences, yes, I am saying it is a red herring. I will also say obama knows full well the needless amount of taxpayers dollars that have already been spent and will be spent since it's just begun, but hey, that's a plan just in itself. To me, it's all just another ploy, so rather then get your panties in a wad over Texas losing all these billions, why not just relax, sit back and see how it rides out.

As far as I am concerned, I am sick to death of hearing about this stupid bathroom crap. Too stupid for words and I guess for the very reason of being so stupid, it seems to be the most important stupid issue on the minds of every American now. I was tired of it right after I read about it and now I am to the getting on the ground and vomiting stage sick to death of hearing about it. So this had better answer any questions anyone has to ask me about this stupid crap.
Wow, where to start? What is most horrendous about your argument (and of course disingenuous) is that you consider these government regulations to be "bullying" when you know good and well that this is rhetorical trickery of the first order. Who is most likely to bully here? Who is most likely to be the victim? Do you not think that transgender teens are more likely to be the victims? Of course you know that and that is why you feel the need to invoke the term in your favor. Look at the suicide rates of transgender teens. This is not "squealing" like pigs. This is about making a cultural change through legislation that will eventually result in a sense of belonging for kids who right now don't feel like they belong to such an extent that many of them are committing suicide.

Furthermore, your argument about "government overreach" is basically just recycled pablum from the era of segregation. Minus the specifics of the transgender issue, it could have been lifted directly from the segregationist playbook. And of course, just like the segregationists, you downplay the substance of the issue to the best of your ability--this is really about a "state's right to decide." Pay no attention to the oppression behind the curtain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas