Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 09:09 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
My opposition to B.O's order is based more on the fact that it is a blanket order issued by somebody many times removed from local schools.

Obviously, transgender accomodations need to be applied on an individual basis by local authorities. These accomodations (if they are truly warranted), can take many forms.

Instead, Obama issues a blanket order from Washington that permits anybody who claims to be transgendered to use any bathroom they want and under any circumstances they want. Have you ever notived that authoratarians, either on the left or the right, are very fond of giving blanket orders?

Obama is the one giving blanket orders to what are obviously individual situations. As for the reference to gays, I wonder how many want this issue pressed? Many Houston area gays were evidently surprised by the mayor's attempt to dictate bathroom use policy. That does not mean they rebuked it. Rather, they were not supportive of the issue being pursued.
Well, I guess we need to give the poor fella a break, he can't play gof 24/7 and dang, he needs SOMETHING to do. Missus O is either in her vegetable patch or hobnobbing with the Hollywood bunch or on some jet set trip to nowhere land. The girls are of an age they have their own lives. Although we all know Mr. O thinks the sky's the limit in spending/wasting money, it's got to be hard to continually come up with new ways to do it.

So bingo, up jumps another opportunity for him to attack the states with all the presidential gusto he can muster, to spread more dissent among the citizenry. lol I can visualize him now leaning back in his chair, rubbing his hands together after signing his little executive order, grinning from ear to ear thinking, oh yeah, this is gonna be fun!

Old 06-08-2016, 04:49 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,480,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Well, I guess we need to give the poor fella a break, he can't play gof 24/7 and dang, he needs SOMETHING to do. Missus O is either in her vegetable patch or hobnobbing with the Hollywood bunch or on some jet set trip to nowhere land. The girls are of an age they have their own lives. Although we all know Mr. O thinks the sky's the limit in spending/wasting money, it's got to be hard to continually come up with new ways to do it.

So bingo, up jumps another opportunity for him to attack the states with all the presidential gusto he can muster, to spread more dissent among the citizenry. lol I can visualize him now leaning back in his chair, rubbing his hands together after signing his little executive order, grinning from ear to ear thinking, oh yeah, this is gonna be fun!
Quote:
Our inbox is chock full of questions about who took more vacation days, Obama or Bush. (The short answer: Bush. The long answer: There’s no such thing as a true non-working vacation for the president.)
Presidential Vacations

Old 06-08-2016, 08:19 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,935 times
Looks like this has turned into a full blown political thread and I keep wondering when it will get closed, but oh well, until it does, I guess I'll keep playing along like everyone else.

I never mentioned the president's vacations, but since you brought it up, ok I'll bite.

For starters, I was never a fan of the Bush tribe and that includes the entire bunch of them, so anything you want to dangle regarding them soars right by me, I simply could care less.

As to the number of vacations I'm sorry, I didn't check out your link. Have the Obamas traveled extensively on taxpayers money? Yes. Have they put more time traveling than other presidents? I would have to check it out. Has it cost more for their trips than other presidents? I believe it has. Again, would have to do research, but I'm almost 100% sure the cost has been the highest to date.

Do I care? I am past the point of caring. Let them ride all over the world in a golden carriage with a million attendants, I don't care anymore. The point I was trying to make, the man needs something to do to keep his nose out where it doesn't belong and it damn sure doesn't belong in the states school board administrations and that is my opinion on that.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:13 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,164,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
The people Y'ALL elected are willing to sacrifice the quality of YOUR child's education for an issue as small as trans people being able to choose which bathroom to use.
Your error is assuming that more money = better education.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:07 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,501,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Your error is assuming that more money = better education.
Yeah, right. That hasn't helped states with education systems held to such high regard such as NY, NJ or DC...and brainiacs aren't flowing out of Alaska on a per pupil basis, eitehr.

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/C.../g13-aspef.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas