Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 04:11 PM

556 posts, read 1,563,682 times

Advertisements

For an eye-opener, just search FLDS on You Tube, or Warren Jeffs, one of the creepy patriarchs who started this particular sect! I feel for the women, teens & children who now face uncertainty, but I also believe that some of these people must be silently screaming, "Yes!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 06:58 PM

5 posts, read 10,537 times
your welfare dollars at work.did they not have case workers to report this bunch.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:11 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesConnect View Post
Thank God it didn't turn into another Waco.
Amen. My sentiments exactly.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:12 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Why are all of these cults in Texas? We had the Waco group, this group, and there is one in and near Abilene (two locations). House of Yahweh, aka Yisrayl Hawkins, Buffalo Bill Hawkins
Just this week, some of the adults in the House of Yaweh have been charged with sexual abuse of children. Last week some were arrested for bigamy. I have never been on the compound, but during the Waco mess, Time magazine listed our House of Yaweh as one of the cults that could end up like Waco. I feel for the kids in these places. They need to be removed by someone. I am glad it is happening in El Dorado.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:26 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,748,805 times
Texas seems to have more freaks than other places, but I think part of it is the sheer size of the state. It's not comparable to most other states, but instead other regions.

And the fact that we have wide open places and are more conservative - we tend to shy away from telling people what they can and cannot do which means that some people/groups will abuse that. Just like not all priests or boy scout leaders are pedophiles, but the nature of those roles will attract those who would twist it for their own sick ends.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:53 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times
my ex was one of the game wardens activated to do the raid, he emailed me when he got activated..i am definitely going to call him in the next few days to get a firsthand account of what it was like.
these people are SICKOS. ABSOLUTE SICKOS. i pray for those poor girls and hope that they will be kept from going back to the "compound", and will assimiliate into normal society. and those men need to be doin some hard time in a Texas prison and let a convict get hold of them. as a former prison nurse, i have seen firsthand what inmates do to child molesters. it aint perty lemme tell ya.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:55 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times
even I agree with that statement. as much as i have a phobia about snakes, would rather deal with them, than those creepy men at the compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
some people are worse than snakes

Old 04-09-2008, 10:46 PM

493 posts, read 637,323 times
I heard about it when they were originally hunting that Warren Jeffs guy...these people need to be tortured IMO for what they did to these children...

Old 04-11-2008, 11:46 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontificator View Post
Yup. This has quietly been in Texas news since they began construction on this essentially independent "town." The area newspaper has chronicled its inception, and is running updates of the current raid: The Eldorado Success

My comment to the FLDS cult, I mean church, "Don't Mess With Texas!"
Amen to that! Thank you, Great State of Texas! I hope that the other states follow suit. These "leaders" are bonafied pedophiles who rape children under the guise of "religious freedom", who are engaged in welfare and food stamp fraud and extortion. It is hard to believe that this is going on in the 21st century in this country of ours. I have followed website to website, and there is so much on this that it would take days and days of reading to get through just the small tip of it. How they had gone unchecked for so long is beyond me. Thank God, that someone had the courage to intervene and say, "enough is enough."

From a NE Ohian.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:00 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
my ex was one of the game wardens activated to do the raid, he emailed me when he got activated..i am definitely going to call him in the next few days to get a firsthand account of what it was like.
these people are SICKOS. ABSOLUTE SICKOS. i pray for those poor girls and hope that they will be kept from going back to the "compound", and will assimiliate into normal society. and those men need to be doin some hard time in a Texas prison and let a convict get hold of them. as a former prison nurse, i have seen firsthand what inmates do to child molesters. it aint perty lemme tell ya.

Please thank him from all of us in this country who are in shock that this kind of violence, child abuse, and statutory rape went unchecked for so long! I applaud everyone who is coming forth to help, and is doing what is right, and not bowing down to the $400 million (and power) that the FLDS has in the bank (much of it, undoubtedly, from our hard-earned, collective tax dollars). Please thank him and let him know how much they are all appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas