Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 06:21 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,760 times

Advertisements

Sometime the old west law should be used. I think this is one of those instances!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 10:23 AM

238 posts, read 767,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontificator View Post
Yup. This has quietly been in Texas news since they began construction on this essentially independent "town." The area newspaper has chronicled its inception, and is running updates of the current raid: The Eldorado Success

My comment to the FLDS cult, I mean church, "Don't Mess With Texas!"

Amen. LMFAO.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:24 AM

238 posts, read 767,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Sometime the old west law should be used. I think this is one of those instances!!!
Double-amen to that, too!

Old 04-12-2008, 11:18 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
i dont know if it's just me, but have yall noticed that most of the polygamist men kinda look alike? they are all kinda nerdy with the same haircut and almost always wear big eyeglasses, same body type-kinda gangly, never fat, but never "buff", and well, to be honest, kinda ugly? is it just a coincidence?
edited to add a disclaimer: i dont want to stereotype, i am just making an observation and find it odd, that's all, so please no one take offense to it!

Last edited by NOTAM; 04-12-2008 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: disclaimer

Old 04-13-2008, 01:28 PM

493 posts, read 637,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Please thank him from all of us in this country who are in shock that this kind of violence, child abuse, and statutory rape went unchecked for so long! I applaud everyone who is coming forth to help, and is doing what is right, and not bowing down to the $400 million (and power) that the FLDS has in the bank (much of it, undoubtedly, from our hard-earned, collective tax dollars). Please thank him and let him know how much they are all appreciated.
Exactly, how does the FLDS get a lot of tax dollars in the bank?

Old 04-13-2008, 03:51 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
yeah i would like to know. something just aint right. i am a hard working Registered Nurse, a law abiding citizen, and i am having to pay thousands of dollars in taxes to the IRS every year, and am always struggling.....and these folks build a freakin mansion where they evade the law and sexually abuse innocent children? ITS SICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post

Old 04-13-2008, 04:55 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,773,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Please thank him from all of us in this country who are in shock that this kind of violence, child abuse, and statutory rape went unchecked for so long! I applaud everyone who is coming forth to help, and is doing what is right, and not bowing down to the $400 million (and power) that the FLDS has in the bank (much of it, undoubtedly, from our hard-earned, collective tax dollars). Please thank him and let him know how much they are all appreciated.
I second that, I hope they all know how much we appreciate seeing people do what is right.

MurphyPI, while Texas does seems to have it's fair share of this type of stuff, it's all over the place. There for a while everyone was talking about how all the crazies were in Montana. I'm all for freedoms, but there will always be those who will take advantage of freedom to break the laws of the land under the disguise of religion, and more important, they break the laws of God. I say, round them up....clear them out!

Old 04-14-2008, 06:41 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post

Good morning!

In answer to how the FLDS gets a lot of tax dollars, I'm including some links (if I'm allowed to). Basically, their intent is to "Bleed the Beast" (which is apparently all of us dummies who go to work to support them and their polygamous families). The first wife is the "legal wife" on paper, every other wife and marriage is a "spiritual marriage", meaning that according to government welfare roles, she is a single mother with children who is eligible for welfare, food stamps, and even childcare as the polygamous mothers put each other down as taking care of each other's children. Furthermore, what some polygamous families do as well is to get Section 8 rent funding from the government. The Big Man of the House has one legal wife and all the rest of his "spiritual marriage" wives are again, you guessed it, "single mothers with children" who then get Section 8 rent paid for - it all goes to the "Big Man of the House". These men are not supporting their harem of women; the taxpayers of the United States of America are. I've included very few links; there are literally dozen and dozens of links online. Just type in: "Bleeding the Beast", or Colorado City, AZ Polygamy, or Texas Polygamy, etc., and you will be shocked.

As a sidenote, before we go to the good stuff (the Bleeding the Beast), did you guys know that in Colorado City, UT, a property owner does not pay taxes on a house that is not "finished". What this means is that you build you house but you never put siding on it; thus it is never "finished", and you never pay property taxes. Here's the direct link to that:
Colorado City, AZ - Colorado City - Polygamy, But No Siding

Here the more links to the "Bleeding the Beast" Campaign - and all of us who have unknowingly supported it all these years. (Well, I shouldn't say that no one knew it; the lawmakers sure did, but they don't know how to stand up to a religion (FLDS) that has $400 million in the bank (courtesy of the taxpayers) and power.
Polygamist sect received taxpayer cash - "Polygamist Sect Received Taxpayer Cash"

IHS :: HNN :: 'Bleeding the Beast' is Bleeding Your Wallet (http://www.humaniststudies.org/enews/?id=243&article=1 - broken link) - "Bleeding the Beast is Bleeding Your Wallet"

Who Foots Bill For Polygamist Communities? -
"Who Foots the Bill For Polygamist Communities"

Tax dollars support school teaching polygamy - "Taxpayers Support School Teaching Polygamy"

Bleeding the Beast - Bleeding the Beast - The FLDS and its conflicting views about government

Arrest exposes sect's slave-like polygamy trade (FLDS families relying on your tax dollars) - "FLDS Families Relying on Your Tax Dollars"

Bleeding the Beast - Bleeding the Beast"

Polygamist Groups - Lots of stuff on FLDS polygamists - more than you probably want to know. There is much more out there; this gives a synopis - many short snippets

YouTube - BANKING ON HEAVEN Polygamy Trailer - "Banking on Heaven" - YouTube Movie Trailer on Polygamy (5 minutes) - find out about "Bleeding the Beast" and the violence and abuse.

****One Interesting Note: For those that are trained from infancy to be fearful of outsiders, have been taught that we are all evil and devils, I find it interesting that they're not afraid to leave their compound when it comes time to visit the local Department of Health and Human Services to get welfare, food stamps, WIC, Section 8, and childcare reimbursement. They're also not afraid to open up the compound gates in order to let the Brinks truck come in to deliver their stash of cash, courtesy of all of us.

Also interesting is that Warren Jeffs had his own lear jet; was arrested in a Red Cadillac. Yes, the trappings of a religious, pious man, one who teaches his followers that we're the evil doers. Here's the link to that: CHILD - SPEAK (http://www.childrenshealthcare.org/polygamous.htm - broken link). Not surprisingly, more taxpayer dollar abuse by the FLDS.

When this story first broke, I was mad as h*ll at the child rape, child abuse, women abuse, throwing out the teen-age boys to the wolves ("Lost Boys), now I'm mad as h*ll knowing that we, the taxpayers, of America have had our tax dollars raped and pillaged by wolves in sheep clothing.

Good day.

Last edited by Donna7; 04-14-2008 at 07:30 AM..

Old 04-14-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
yeah i would like to know. something just aint right. i am a hard working Registered Nurse, a law abiding citizen, and i am having to pay thousands of dollars in taxes to the IRS every year, and am always struggling.....and these folks build a freakin mansion where they evade the law and sexually abuse innocent children? ITS SICK
Hey there, BellestarofTexas!

Yes, I agree. I watched a video on Yahoo News this past Saturday, (wish I could find the video online) in which a FLDS family in Colorado City, AZ was featured. The "main wife" showed the reporter their GORGEOUS mansion-type house, equipped with 32 bedrooms, and countless other rooms, a utility room to die for (gorgeious top-of-the line washers and dryers), etc., hardwood floors all around, HUGE gourment kitchen with multiple sinks, stoves, refrigerators, etc. I asked someone how they could afford that, like how could one man support 10-15 wives (this is the number of "wives" that the "main/legal wife said that her husband had, she wouldn't give an exact number, but said that between 10 and 15 would be correct), and I was given the answer that most likely all of the "spiritual wives" were being counted as "single mothers with children" by our government. That means: welfare/ADC, food stamps, childcare reimbursement possibly (as some polygamous mothers put down that they take care of another's children), WIC, and for the big one: Section 8 housing reimbursement, meaning that the harem owner is getting subsidized by you and me and the rest of us taxpayers in the U.S.

Something's not right here.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
i dont know if it's just me, but have yall noticed that most of the polygamist men kinda look alike? they are all kinda nerdy with the same haircut and almost always wear big eyeglasses, same body type-kinda gangly, never fat, but never "buff", and well, to be honest, kinda ugly? is it just a coincidence?
edited to add a disclaimer: i dont want to stereotype, i am just making an observation and find it odd, that's all, so please no one take offense to it!

I don't want to be mean either; but the answer is that it's called "inbreeding" as they don't go too far outside their own gene pool. Not only does this contribute to their "look", but it also contributes to much higher than average birth defects, and/or chronic conditions that will have to be dealt with the child's/adult's whole life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas