Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2023, 06:56 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,810,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
,,,uHHHH....I used the same website he Used!!......AND...I posted pictures to show the bounderies.....I used 610 as the guide lines and Loop 12 as the guidelines....Anymore questions?!!!
Yes, but you failed to mention that loop 12 is much bigger than 610.

Yes you showed the boundaries, but failed to mention they were not the same radius.

The attempt earned 2 Pinocchios lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2023, 07:18 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Yes, but you failed to mention that loop 12 is much bigger than 610.

Yes you showed the boundaries, but failed to mention they were not the same radius.

The attempt earned 2 Pinocchios lol
NONE OF THIS MATTERS

Inside the loop is whats important when it comes to Houstonians and urbanity...... Nothing ouside of 610 matters.

How can you just add a whole extra 100,000 people OUTSIDE of the loop to the numbers?

That would be equivelant to me doing this.....

635 LOOP in Dallas-I,352,131

610 is Houstons first inner Loop and Loop 12 is Dallas' first inner loop....who said they had to be identically the same size?!!!...Cities don't develop like that.

Loop 12 in Dallas is not as big of a boundary as 610 is in Houston......Hell its only a freeway on the west side...But Its the most INNER CIRCLE in Dallas just like 610 is in Houston so its a fair comparison...
Attached Thumbnails
Why is it that Houston seems to have more of an "energetic vibe" than Dallas?-635.png  

Last edited by dallasboi; 09-21-2023 at 08:22 PM..

Old 09-21-2023, 08:27 PM

9,895 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Quote:
NONE OF THIS MATTERS

Inside the loop is whats important when it comes to Houstonians and urbanity...... Nothing ouside of 610 matters.

How can you just add a whole extra 100,000 people OUTSIDE of the loop to the numbers?

610 is Houstons first inner Loop and Loop 12 is Dallas' first inner loop....who said they had to be identically the same size?!!!...Cities don't develop like that.

Loop 12 in Dallas is not as big of a boundary as 610 is in Houston......Hell its only a freeway on the west side...But Its the most INNER CIRCLE in Dallas just like 610 is in Houston so its a fair comparison...
The Galleria and Post Oak matter. They aren't in the 610 loop. There are other portions of the loop that aren't in the core. Dallas' core is smaller, using the 12 as the boundaries covers a munch of suburbs and no mans land

Old 09-21-2023, 08:37 PM

Quote:
NONE OF THIS MATTERS

Quote:
dallasboi ,,,uHHHH....I used the same website he Used!!......AND...I posted pictures to show the bounderies.....I used 610 as the guidelines and Loop 12 as the guidelines....Anymore questions?!!!

AND.......IF I used your logic and went outside of the lines of whats considered "ITL" to boost numbers.....
I could have did the 635 loop for Dallas and said its loop 12 numbers because Houston doesn't have a 635..
...That's what i would be doing!!

Old 09-21-2023, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
The Galleria and Post Oak matter. They aren't in the 610 loop. There are other portions of the loop that aren't in the core. Dallas' core is smaller, using the 12 as the boundaries covers a munch of suburbs and no mans land
So my comparison was an "ITL" comparison...they both have suburban neighborhoods and semi-Urban nuggets.

Galleria Far North Dallas MATTERS too but I didn't add them because they're not considered "ITL".

Old 09-21-2023, 09:19 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,943,769 times
Quote:
I think downtown Galveston is more charming
I was limiting myself to the larger cities, but yes, Galveston has the most charming downtown in TX, and it's not close.

Old 09-21-2023, 09:23 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,943,769 times
Quote:
You are contradictory in your reasoning buddy.
That's the definition of more walkable right there.
More people walk through Houston so it is more walkable. End of story bud.
And you completely discount the safety factor, thereby rendering your pronouncement irrelevant. Not that Dallas is a paragon of pedestrian safety, but those key neighborhoods completely surpass anything Houston has outside Downtown.

4,380 posts, read 4,625,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
You completely discredit yourself with those statements. I wasn't claiming that the Dallas places are paragons of urbanity. But they are more than what Houston currently offers, and frankly are at least OK examples.

A relatively narrow, moderate-speed thoroughfare like lower Greenville is just as dangerous as an 8-lane (10 lanes or more at intersections), relatively high-speed thoroughfare with few crossings like Westheimer? And notice the sidewalks...the narrow part of Westheimer in Montrose doesn't have near the quality of sidewalks as the Dallas streets.

Sheesh.
You can tell atadytic19 has never been to any of those Dallas neighborhoods he's talking about. Just look at the google map pictures he's using to describe these neighborhoods.

He really thinks this stretch is more or just as dangerous as Westheimer???

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.8142...8192?entry=ttu

Now he's going to tell me this is just as dangerous as Westheimer? Mind you these 3 incidents took place on Westheimer

https://www.khou.com/article/news/cr...a-5738aab798ab

https://www.khou.com/article/news/cr...1-fe6084a6c3f3

https://abc13.com/three-women-hit-by...club/13632891/

But Lower Greenville is more dangerous than Westheimer road? Yeah he has no credibility on this subject as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how many times I've driven on Westheimer and felt like I was on I-10 or 45 the way people drive on the street. And as many lanes that exist on these corridors can you blame people? It's hard to turn off that interstate mentality when the commercial roads are built like mini highways and feeder roads.

Also the picture he posted up for Deep Ellum is laughable to say the least. Most of Deep Ellum looks like this:

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.7838...8192?entry=ttu

But he's gonna tell us Rice Village is exactly like Deep Ellum. LOL okay

9,895 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
I was limiting myself to the larger cities, but yes, Galveston has the most charming downtown in TX, and it's not close.
When you say "charming", what exactly do you mean? Less business focused? Down to earth?

Old 09-21-2023, 09:26 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,810,471 times
There y'all go again trying to equate a few tiny strips in Dallas to represent the city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas