Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 07:51 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
I think it's supposed to be "K"lyde Warren Park. Yes that is a nice park. I thinks it's kind of like Discovery green except it is built over a freeway.
oops.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times
Thumbs up The time has come for the Bolivar Bridge !

Let DFW have there "fluff" bridges, but make no mistake about it the time has come for a showcase bridge that will add to the economic and social development of the whole state. I'm talking about a bridge between Galveston Island and the Bolivar Penninsula.

Bolivar Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TxDOT held meetings with the Galveston and Port Bolivar communities to obtain input. A third ferry landing is being built at the present time, but was considered an interim solution only; the long-term goal is a permanent fixed crossing.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Let DFW have there "fluff" bridges, but make no mistake about it the time has come for a showcase bridge that will add to the economic and social development of the whole state. I'm talking about a bridge between Galveston Island and the Bolivar Penninsula.

Bolivar Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TxDOT held meetings with the Galveston and Port Bolivar communities to obtain input. A third ferry landing is being built at the present time, but was considered an interim solution only; the long-term goal is a permanent fixed crossing.
Good...

Old 01-24-2013, 07:19 PM

29 posts, read 60,693 times
While I agree that there's a lot to like about Houston, if you like giant cities near the coast, I prefer Dallas because it's closer to what to me is the best "big" city in the U.S.: Fort Worth.

Even lots of Texans will disagree with me on both of those points, and that's okay.

Neither Houston nor Dallas have world-class museums like the Kimbell, the Modern or the Amon Carter, and the live entertainment choices are almost endless in Fort Worth. For tourist destinations, Deep Ellum and the Space Center are good, but nowhere near as lively as the Fort Worth Stockyards.

If I have to live in a large city, instead of my on my little farm between Mineola and Grand Saline, I'll definitely pick Fort Worth. It's big enough to have everything you need, but not so massive that it's hard to feel part of it.

At least, that's my opinion.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicker View Post
While I agree that there's a lot to like about Houston, if you like giant cities near the coast, I prefer Dallas because it's closer to what to me is the best "big" city in the U.S.: Fort Worth.

Even lots of Texans will disagree with me on both of those points, and that's okay.

Neither Houston nor Dallas have world-class museums like the Kimbell, the Modern or the Amon Carter, and the live entertainment choices are almost endless in Fort Worth. For tourist destinations, Deep Ellum and the Space Center are good, but nowhere near as lively as the Fort Worth Stockyards.

If I have to live in a large city, instead of my on my little farm between Mineola and Grand Saline, I'll definitely pick Fort Worth. It's big enough to have everything you need, but not so massive that it's hard to feel part of it.

Are you serious? Have you ever heard of the Dallas Art District? I guess you haven't heard of the Nasher Sculpture Center either.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:

You trollin?

Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:

... um, ok.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
... The Stockyards? Really?

I mean, it's a good attraction, but c'mon, Sundance Square and West 7th/Cultural District... we have more ya know.
Dont forget In-N-Out on So7th!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Dont forget In-N-Out on So7th!
lol.

Yeah, this is after I edited it. Still...

Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
lol.

Yeah, this is after I edited it. Still...
Now to hijack the thread.....

Ft worth needs continuous midrise development on Main from the stockyards to downtown with mixed use development. An electric street car line from the stockyards to downtown and then a line to the cultural district and zoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas