Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 09:06 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,873,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
In other words.. International service at DFW is finally picking up to levels IAH was already at a few years ago.
When will IAH catch up to the total passenger numbers at DFW? Heck, for that matter, when will IAH ever catch up to the total passenger numbers of the airport in the much smaller metro of Charlotte, NC?

Old 06-10-2014, 09:10 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,569,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
When will IAH catch up to the total passenger numbers at DFW?
probably never. DFW is situated much better off to be a regional hub than IAH.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:15 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,786,070 times
Wood Partners gets underway on new Farmers Market project

Jun 10, 2014, 10:09pm CDT
Candace Carlisle
Staff Writer
Dallas Business Journal

Quote:
Atlanta-based apartment developer Wood Partners LLC is underway on the construction on the latest Dallas Farmers Market project, a 313-unit apartment community.

The soon-to-be developed project, named Alta Farmers Market, is making great progress on the 4.7-acre site near the Dallas Farmers Market in downtown Dallas, said Ryan Miller, a development associate with Wood Partners.

"With the revitalization of the Dallas Farmers Market next door and a resurgence in Deep Ellum, our residents will have great access to restaurants and entertainment in the area all while being in close proximity to the downtown office market," Miller said, in a written statement.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
probably never. DFW is situated much better off to be a regional airport than IAH.
Unless you are calling the world one region, DFW is not a regional airport. 4th busiest in US. 9th busiest in the world. 2nd largest US Hub (American) after Delta in ATL. Glad you do recognize how perfectly DFW is situated though......the same thing many companies recognize, ie: the moving of Toyota.

But about IAH, how can they not even produce the passenger numbers that Charlotte, NC produces? Shocking.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:20 PM
BCB

DFW is the 3rd busiest airport in the world.

Quote:
1 ATLANTA GA, US (ATL)
2 CHICAGO IL, US (ORD)
3 DALLAS/FORT WORTH TX, US (DFW)

Old 06-10-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
That is "aircraft movements". I was talking passenger numbers, which in that case DFW is 4 in the US and 9 in the world. Then there is poor IAH.....waaaay down the list below Charlotte.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:27 PM
BCB

Quote:
That is "aircraft movements".
Yes, I know that.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:01 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,462,568 times
Quote:
How is the gap evaporating? IAH continues adding international routes and will soon start rebuilding terminal D to handle additional international traffic and more A380s.
Post the links to the articles.....i like reading articles that back stuff up.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
That is "aircraft movements". I was talking passenger numbers, which in that case DFW is 4 in the US and 9 in the world. Then there is poor IAH.....waaaay down the list below Charlotte.
From Piedmont to parallel runways: How Charlotte's airport got so big | WCNC.com Charlotte

being behind Charlotte is nothing to scoff at.. as the article points out, Charlotte is busier than every airport in Europe and Asia.

"NBC Charlotte: What about the location?

Dorsch: Charlotte has tremendous geographical advantages. We are more centrally located to where the majority of the population lives in the United States than either Dallas or Atlanta. I personally think that both Dallas and Charlotte are going to do very well out of the merger. But I think the real story is Charlotte versus Atlanta. What’s going to happen when the largest airline in the world has a big hub in Charlotte? How is the new American Airlines going to compete with Delta in Atlanta? I think that’s going to be a whole ‘nother Charlotte-Atlanta competition if you will.

I believe that once the merger has happened, the number of flights through Charlotte will go up and I believe it’ll go up very dramatically. One of the number one reasons why corporations decide to move their business to Charlotte is because of the significant range of direct flights that we have here. And that was the number one reason that Chiquita Brands cited for selecting Charlotte. So if we have even more direct flights to even more international locations, I believe that’ll attract even more companies."

looks like Charlottes geographic location is even better than DFWs. you guys better watch out!

Old 06-10-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Post the links to the articles.....i like reading articles that back stuff up.
Transaero Houston-Moscow route
Transaero Recieves Approval For New Flights to Houston and London | Airchive

Scandinavian Airways Houston-Norway
New nonstop flight to Norway coming to Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport - Houston Chronicle

EVA Air Houston-Taipei
EVA Air plans to fly to Chicago and Houston | World Airline News

to name a few of the recent ones.. on top of the announcement for the Terminal D reconstruction and expansion for more A380s and increased international traffic.

im not talking out of my *** here..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas