Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,529,443 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have Photos of Midland/Odessa and the other parts of the Permian Basin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:42 PM

146 posts, read 520,438 times
If you do could you put some up of all the new developments like the Lowes and the new shopping center behind the mall i havent seen it yet only heard bout it.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:32 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,872,453 times
I once did, but I tossed out boxes of them when I moved.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:49 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,279,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Does anyone have Photos of Midland/Odessa and the other parts of the Permian Basin?
I have some. I could take more if you have any specific request.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegiant View Post
If you do could you put some up of all the new developments like the Lowes and the new shopping center behind the mall i havent seen it yet only heard bout it.
I don't have any pics of those areas but I will try to get some this weekend.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:09 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,529,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
I have some. I could take more if you have any specific request.
I would like places all over the Midland/Odessa metropolitan area, maybe some palm trees? I think they can grow in that area.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I would like places all over the Midland/Odessa metropolitan area, maybe some palm trees? I think they can grow in that area.
Sorry ya'll, I was sick last weekend so I didn't take any pics but I feel better now and I will take some. Palm trees? Awesome! I love palms. And indeed they can grow in this area. The palms around here don't look so great right now since it was a pretty cold winter but here is an old picture of my palms to tide you over until I can get some new pics up.

Here they were in the winter a couple of years ago.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:31 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,872,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Sorry ya'll, I was sick last weekend so I didn't take any pics but I feel better now and I will take some. Palm trees? Awesome! I love palms. And indeed they can grow in this area. The palms around here don't look so great right now since it was a pretty cold winter but here is an old picture of my palms to tide you over until I can get some new pics up.

Here they were in the winter a couple of years ago.
How do you keep your palms looking so neat and pretty? Alamogordo, NM, is FULL of them, and most of them just look like $%^@.

There is one across the street that is just butt-ugly. Nobody trims theirs or bothers to keep them decent-looking, from what I've seen.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of palm trees myself, but yours really look nice!

Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegiant View Post
Ok I got some pics.

You mentioned JBS so I headed over that way.

Here I am at County Road West and I-20. I hate this intersection. It seems that I can get through it in a single light change. And today was no exception.

So I got on the Interstate and it is smooth sailing to JBS Parkway.

Here at I-20 and JBS is a new hotel.

This the new overpass where I-20 crosses over JBS. The decorations are kinda pretty no?

They are building another overpass so that JBS will cross over BI-20. Its not open yet so I will have to take the detour.

After the detour, you can see work being done on the elevated intersection of JBS and 2nd street (aka BI-20, aka Highway 80).

Here is the overpass from the other side. Sorry it so blurry, I took the pic while moving.

Ok. So now we can head up to MCM Plaza and Lowe's. There's the turn now. You can't see the name of the street, but it is MCM promenade. Basically it's a strip of the Mall parking lot.

And here it is, the Lowe's. I know that could be any Lowe's anywhere in the U.S. but it is the Odessa store. Really.

Here is the front of MCM Plaza.

And here to the side a bit so you can see it's relative location to Lowe's.

Here are some palms for D-towner. I will get more pics of palms later but I saw those while I was taking pics for Whitegiant and figured I might as well get a pic of them now.

Here is the famous Chimney Rock. As I understand it, the shopping center is going to be built around this chimney. At least they have a fence around it.

Notice that there are some little white flags around. Maybe construction will start soon.

And lastly, a few more palms. I was near this nursery when I was taking pictures of Chimney Rock, so...

Don't worry D-towner, there are some bigger palms that will get pics of later.

Last edited by Lucidus; 03-19-2009 at 07:34 PM..

Old 03-19-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
How do you keep your palms looking so neat and pretty? Alamogordo, NM, is FULL of them, and most of them just look like $%^@.

There is one across the street that is just butt-ugly. Nobody trims theirs or bothers to keep them decent-looking, from what I've seen.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of palm trees myself, but yours really look nice!
Well thanks, but even mine don't look good all the time. It depends on the severity of the winter. This winter mine took some major damage. But I will fertilize and trim them and in about May or June they should look good again.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas