Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 07:27 PM

674 posts, read 698,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
There are several African countries with tremendous natural resources, but if civil war/genocide doesn't kill the entire population off, AIDS or Ebola will.
Please post the name of any African country where the population is decreasing. Our population is set to double by 2050 and is the fastest growing population in the world.

Africa - Africa’s Population Set to Double by 2036

Your worries are better placed elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 07:40 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Please post the name of any African country where the population is decreasing. Our population is set to double by 2050 and is the fastest growing population in the world.

Africa - Africa’s Population Set to Double by 2036

Your worries are better placed elsewhere.
Learn to comprehend English. I didn't say that populations are decreasing. I said that if you don't get your famines, civil wars, and health problems under control, they will be.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Learn to comprehend English. I didn't say that populations are decreasing. I said that if you don't get your famines, civil wars, and health problems under control, they will be.
You said the entire population would be killed off. If a population is going to drop to zero it has to decrease along the way doesn't it? I understand that Americans don't do very well at math but yeah that's basic knowledge.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
You said the entire population would be killed off. If a population is going to drop to zero it has to decrease along the way doesn't it? I understand that Americans don't do very well at math but yeah that's basic knowledge.
I stand by my statement. Africa can't feed or medically care for the people it already has within it's borders, and you expect that as those populations grow, famine and disease won't take it's toll? The only reason population is growing is due to the foreign aid you seem to detest.

Hey, I'm all for pulling out of Africa, closing the borders, and letting Ebola burn out while your citizens starve to death because there is no more food supply from outside Africa. Have fun with that.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I stand by my statement. Africa can't feed or medically care for the people it already has within it's borders, and you expect that as those populations grow, famine and disease won't take it's toll? The only reason population is growing is due to the foreign aid you seem to detest.

Hey, I'm all for pulling out of Africa, closing the borders, and letting Ebola burn out while your citizens starve to death because there is no more food supply from outside Africa. Have fun with that.
Really? Please provide proof that our growth is due to foreign aid. It's clear that you just like to make things up and wallow in ignorance instead of having any actual knowledge base. You could actually read that article I posted to find out why our population is growing and then perhaps you'd write some posts where you share something other than made up facts and figures.

You got called out for weak math skills and weaker logical reasoning but at least we agree missionaries like you should stay home.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Really? Please provide proof that our growth is due to foreign aid. It's clear that you just like to make things up and wallow in ignorance instead of having any actual knowledge base. You could actually read that article I posted to find out why our population is growing and then perhaps you'd write some posts where you share something other than made up facts and figures.

You got called out for weak math skills and weaker logical reasoning but at least we agree missionaries like you should stay home.
I'm not a missionary--where on earth did you get that idea? Do you think that the only volunteers in teh world are missionaries?

I also didn't say your growth was due to foreign aid. i said that if it wasn't for foreign aid, you'd have a lot more disease and starvation. Your current Ebola situation proves that. Add in AIDS medication and food for areas in severe drought, well, you get the picture.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
The only reason population is growing is due to the foreign aid you seem to detest.
So not only do you make things up. You also can neither remember nor reread something you just posted. Intelligence of a doorknob.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
So not only do you make things up. You also can neither remember nor reread something you just posted. Intelligence of a doorknob.
You love to twist things to try to make a point, don't you. Guess what, it's not working.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:32 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Quote:
We are not children but as long as there is someone handing over money, etc. there will always be a beggar who will put her bowl out instead of make the cash herself.
Thinks back about the streets of Munich and Paris and notes that the most aggressive street beggars there were white.

As for Africa, it doesn't have a food problem; it has a food distribution problem. More effective road and train networks would help a lot. As would the reduction of tariffs on food imports.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:55 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,248,335 times
I live in a country that has elements of the 2nd world and 3rd world, but I've visited countries that were purely 3rd world....I can tell you unequivocally..."nope" never happen..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel