Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 10:59 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,521,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
PARIS BLOWS! So go ahead and throw that out!

I was there a few years back, starts raining and I go in to buy an umbrella and the shop owners are changing the prices on the umbrellas! I'd rather get wet........

Food sucks, everyone smokes and thinks they are uber cool, like center of the universe. Keep it all to yourselves

LOL

Eating poorly in Paris is the result of user error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 11:34 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,853,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
PARIS BLOWS! So go ahead and throw that out!

I was there a few years back, starts raining and I go in to buy an umbrella and the shop owners are changing the prices on the umbrellas! I'd rather get wet........

Food sucks, everyone smokes and thinks they are uber cool, like center of the universe. Keep it all to yourselves

I don't even know what to do with a post that says the "food sucks" in Paris. You must have been under the influence of chemotherapy and lost your taste buds!

Then again, I suppose anyone who hates butter, potatoes, salad, bread, quiche, cured meats, olives, pastry, fruit, cake, cookies, eclairs, cream puffs, cookies, coffee, chocolate, ice cream, seafood, steaks and fresh vegetables would hate the food in Paris. That would NOT BE ME!

Old 11-06-2018, 11:35 AM

6,503 posts, read 3,437,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
OKC isn't underrated.

The whole state of Oklahoma isn't worth your time/money/efforts.
Perhaps it was fascinating to me as I was a passer-through. Bricktown was kind of neat, everything downtown was very clean, not too congested.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:48 AM

641 posts, read 1,073,292 times
Goodhombre has been Butthurt about Oklahoma for a while. He keeps posting because there is nothing fascinating like a Disneyland in or near Oklahoma. Nothing seems to interest him. He's a very tough to please tourist.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:49 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
We found the food in Paris to be rather hit or miss- some very good experiences, especially the bakery down the street from our hotel, but other restaurants were like an EU version of Applebee's

Old 11-06-2018, 02:21 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,486,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Great Basin National Park in eastern Nevada. Its very isolated and doesn't see huge tourist traffic yet. Its an alpine island in the middle of the desert. If you get tired of hiking through the forest, you can tour Lehman Cave.

The Green River Lake area in northern Wyoming. Full of hiking trails and little lakes that can be fished.

High Uintas Primitive Area in northern Utah. Like the Green River Lakes this area mostly has to be hiked and cannot be seen from a car. In the summer months, its spectacularly beautiful.
Yes to all of these. Great Basin is rarely crowded and you can see ancient Bristlecone pines and fall foliage is gorgous. Green River Lakes takes determination to drive a rough road all the way to the campground but it has stellar fishing and scenery. And, the High Uintas plus NW Colorado are on our itinerary for next fall.

There are places in Eastern Oregon that are spectacular: Steens Mountain Loop, Alvord Desert, John Day River and Lake Abert to name a few. Nevada has the Ruby Mountains (Nevada’s only glacier), Rainbow Canyon, Diana’s Punchbowl, Cathedral Gorge State Park, Valley of Fire State Park and other gems.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:28 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Watching this.

The place that surprised me the most in terms of things to see and do, nice hotels, low cost, good food, good music, easy to get around without a car with a good airport was Memphis.

We live within a 4 hr. drive from Memphis. We enjoy it as a mini-vacation. A fun place for a 3 or 4 day weekend.

A friend of mine is currently vacationing in Laos and Vietnam. She's posting a ton of pictures on Facebook. Man...it looks beautiful. I'd love to visit.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:34 PM

75 posts, read 62,835 times
Seoul, South Korea.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:15 PM

1,334 posts, read 1,675,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
Yes to all of these. Great Basin is rarely crowded and you can see ancient Bristlecone pines and fall foliage is gorgous. Green River Lakes takes determination to drive a rough road all the way to the campground but it has stellar fishing and scenery. And, the High Uintas plus NW Colorado are on our itinerary for next fall.

There are places in Eastern Oregon that are spectacular: Steens Mountain Loop, Alvord Desert, John Day River and Lake Abert to name a few. Nevada has the Ruby Mountains (Nevada’s only glacier), Rainbow Canyon, Diana’s Punchbowl, Cathedral Gorge State Park, Valley of Fire State Park and other gems.
My favorite and virtually unknown spot is John Day Fossil Beds in eastern OR. Megafauna fossils and spectacular geology.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:38 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
One word: Poland
Yes. I will agree with Poland.

Eastern Europe in general offers so much beauty, history, warm people, lovely architecture and quintessentially "European" experiences that I am not sure why more people do not visit.

It is not monolithic either. From Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia, to Bulgarian and Albania there is just somuch to see and do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel