Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2019, 06:25 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times

Advertisements

Too bad about Showtime Subs. Good folks there at the former Quizno's location. There must be something about that location. It can a tough left turn on to Geo when exiting...

Also have noticed the encouraging signs at the former "Dickey's BBQ" have been removed. Apparently this may not be happening after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 11:47 AM

17,208 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Too bad about Showtime Subs. Good folks there at the former Quizno's location. There must be something about that location. It can a tough left turn on to Geo when exiting...

Also have noticed the encouraging signs at the former "Dickey's BBQ" have been removed. Apparently this may not be happening after all.

That's probably it. I really tend to patronize businesses that are on the west side of G-Way, like Safeway is, over the ones on the east side, because if there is any traffic at all, it's just easier and actually safer. Because I am coming from work, at the far north end of G-Way. If G-Way traffic is at all bad, I can turn right, then take the next cross street over to Jadwin. Only right turns to get back to my office.

I used to eat at Sub Factory quite often, or more exactly get one of their subs to take back to work and eat at my desk. Having gone low-carb, no more subs for me (and I don't think I will go back to them in a year, either).

Old 11-20-2019, 02:07 PM

Today we had Don Taco food truck here at the PNNL campus, they are at different locations around North Richland most of the week. Rather than try to post the locations directly, I would say just Google them and get current information.

Old 11-22-2019, 06:15 PM

Again, a chain, but this is the best place to post restaurant news. I have tried the new Del Taco near Fred Meyer in Richland twice in the past few days. Ordered a basic "Del Taco" and a "Grilled Chicken Taco", to first just get the feel of the basic menu. Pretty good overall...a bit of a different taste from other local Mex chains. Today tried their "Street Taco Asada" and while tasty, not quite as good as Taco John's over near Kennewick High. They also do burgers, so I will try one of those in coming days...

Old 11-26-2019, 09:01 PM

And I did. Their double cheeseburger was very tasty. I can honestly say it was better than any In 'n Out burger I have had when in California. Perhaps a secret menu item that most avoid because it is generally a taco place. I would say this is the best fast food burger in the Tri! So far, loving Del Taco.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 11-26-2019 at 09:24 PM..

Old 12-05-2019, 04:52 PM

Stopped in at Mama's Diner again, over in Bentucky. Very good food, as they say out front on the sign, everything is home-made from scratch. Had a hamburger steak and eggs "brunch" and they gladly substituted green beans for hash browns (I'm trying to eat low-carb). Even the green beans were cooked from scratch, with some onions and bacon in them.

Highly recommend them!

Old 12-08-2019, 10:56 PM

Two new restaurants under construction in West Pasco, one at Road 68 right off the 182 exit, the other in the newer Sandifer Crossing at Road 68 and Sandifer Blvd. Unfortunately, Burger King and Wendy's respectively. Not that they are bad, just more of the same old thing in the Tri. Both have locations over on Court St. but apparently need to be in West Pasco as well.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 12-09-2019 at 12:06 AM..

Old 12-09-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Two new restaurants under construction in West Pasco, one at Road 68 right off the 182 exit, the other in the newer Sandifer Crossing at Road 68 and Sandifer Blvd. Unfortunately, Burger King and Wendy's respectively. Not that they are bad, just more of the same old thing in the Tri. Both have locations over on Court St. but apparently need to be in West Pasco as well.

As we have discussed before, for some reason the Tri really loves chains. I don't get it myself. That said, these are two of the better burger joints, particularly Wendy's.

"More of the same old thing" really sells in this town. That and cheap prices.

Old 12-09-2019, 04:21 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,120,375 times
Quote:
Are these called restaurants? These are fast food places. I laugh when someone calls Subway a restaurant.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Are these called restaurants? These are fast food places. I laugh when someone calls Subway a restaurant.
Sure they are, by definition. The only adjective lacking is "fine".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities